Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

allanhu88

by allanhu88

dude athena...

Roel W wrote:My Canyon ultimate AL (Camapgnolo Athena, Mavic Ksyrium SSC):

denzity

by denzity

Very nice willier. What wheels are those?

Here's my CF SLX with Citec 3000 wheels. Have some Mavic CCUs arriving later this week so will post some updated pics then.

KCNC blue jockey wheels with gold bots:

Willier

by Willier

They are Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL `09, I am very happy with them only the freewheel can be an issue.

devinci

by devinci

Willier

what kind of issue can you encounter with the cosmic freewheel?

I have had mine for 2 years now, same model as yours, I have never have any issue yet (touching wood) but they are low milage (race wheels).

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Has anyone had problems with the rear dropouts in regards to skewers placement.

I ask this because I noticed they are relieved or reccesed dropounts, possibly making the skewer difficult to close all the way if placed in certain directions (ie between the seatstay and chainstay).

I forgot the name of this type of rear dropout.

I assume it is not a problem otherwise they wouldn't do it but I imagine with certain skewer types there may only be one direction they can be tightened.

I thought I would ask. I am seriously considering getting one.
Attachments
IMG_6331.JPG

Willier

by Willier

devinci wrote:Willier

what kind of issue can you encounter with the cosmic freewheel?

I have had mine for 2 years now, same model as yours, I have never have any issue yet (touching wood) but they are low milage (race wheels).

They are great wheels-bombproof rims, but the freehub has a bushing instead of bearing, which is not the best thing, because it wears quite quickly and it has play( it moves). I prefer the old desing of freehub with bearing.

fravjeko

by fravjeko

I'm thinking of buying frameset ultimate cf. Is their frameset with english tread (because i planing to put Ultegra chainset from my old bike) ?

aharbutt

by aharbutt

Canyon's have English BBs.
All of their specs are listed on a pdf download at their site.

fravjeko

by fravjeko

aharbutt wrote:Canyon's have English BBs.
All of their specs are listed on a pdf download at their site.

Thanks!

jekyll man

by jekyll man

carbon2329 wrote:Has anyone had problems with the rear dropouts in regards to skewers placement.

I ask this because I noticed they are relieved or reccesed dropounts, possibly making the skewer difficult to close all the way if placed in certain directions (ie between the seatstay and chainstay).

I forgot the name of this type of rear dropout.

I assume it is not a problem otherwise they wouldn't do it but I imagine with certain skewer types there may only be one direction they can be tightened.

I thought I would ask. I am seriously considering getting one.

Yes- certain skewers can be a little awkward, if you are placing lever up bank. A hurried wheel change at a race and i took the paint off as it closed onto the frame :(
Rotate it so it tightens under the stay. Seen plenty of worse designs.
I wouldn't use it as an excuse not to buy one though..
Official cafe stop tester

seve88

by seve88

Hello,

I've just received my Ultimate Al. A couple of questions if anyone can help?

1). I have the latest Ilock headset. This is no longer adjusted by a 2mm allen key but by a torx nut. There was no torx driver included so does anyone know the torx head size. It is very small, T1 to T4 at a guess. I've contacted Canyon who explained I should have been supplied with the driver but they did not state what size the head is.

2). I like to build everythinh myself and I want to mess around with the stack height. To this I need some additional 1 1/4" headset spacers. Does anyone know who sells these in the UK?

Thanks.

Willier

by Willier

Hi,I got my bike 4 weeks ago and I thought that there is a 2mm allen key on ilock, but now that you mentioned it...I looked it up and there it is bloody torx. :evil: I didn`t get any tool with the bike. I don`t understand why are they puting torx screws on components (like it is the case with Campagnolo), I really don`t. Btw I am very impressed with my bike, it climbs like a goat

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com