The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

ronniegogs

by ronniegogs

My first road bike.

Got it during the TDF discount.
Model : ULTIMATE CF SL 9.0 ETAP
Groupset : Sram red etap
Wheelset : MAVIC COSMIC ELITE UST (alloy)
Weight : 7.1 kg
Discounted price : USD2899 :D
Canyon (5 of 5).jpg
Canyon (7 of 13).jpg
Canyon (3 of 5).jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

ronniegogs wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:35 pm
My first road bike.
Enjoy it! Did you paint the OP pictures yourself? These look cool, just like the bike.

slake21

by slake21

I was cleaning my bike (Ultimate CF SLX) when I noticed the RD hanger is loose AF.
the little screws that hold it are too short (and they're probably a little worn) and now I can't tighten them at all.
so right now the only thing holding my rear mech is the pressure of the rear skewer, and it also holds the screws in place so they can't fall out.

who knows how long it's been like that! Going to order a replacement hanger, and/or longer screws which would solve the whole problem.
I don't understand why Canyon use these short screws in the first place, there is plenty space for 2-3mm longer ones that would actually work fine...

and it's still out of stock. great.

mattr

by mattr

Wheels manufacturing?

slake21

by slake21

mattr wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:16 pm
Wheels manufacturing?
no aftermarket version of this one yet

kkibbler

by kkibbler

They’re normal countersunk M3 (or M2?) screws, get them from any decent hardware store and done.

That said I really dislike the 2016 version where they screw through the dropout alone instead of sandwiching the dropout between 2 hanger pieces.

robertbb

by robertbb

Removed double post.
Last edited by robertbb on Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

robertbb

by robertbb

Anyone have the conical spacer from an Ultimate CF SL they are willing to sell? (Acros THE clamp Ai-70 fiber)...?

Canyon want over AU$100 for it as part of a full bearing set :lol:

(I have a brand new lower stack spacer/star nut/bolt system that Canyon sells aftermarket. Believe it or not, I actually want the higher stack, willing to do a straight swap)

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

robertbb wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:58 am
Anyone have the conical spacer from an Ultimate CF SL they are willing to sell? (Acros THE clamp Ai-70 fiber)...?
I use a standard cover and expander so do have a clamp that isn't used. Should be new and unused but believe I threw the original one away. Had to replace the bearings last year and was pressed for time so it was quickest to just buy a complete headset from the local Canyon rep.

calpartz

by calpartz

Hi,

It maybe a stupid question but I'm looking to buy an Aeroad and I don't know which color I would like to have. So I want to decide regards another factor: the weight.

Do you know if there is a weight difference between the paint "asphalt-black" (black) and "cherry-peppers" (red)?

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

calpartz wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:13 pm
It maybe a stupid question but I'm looking to buy an Aeroad and I don't know which color I would like to have. So I want to decide regards another factor: the weight.
Buy any color, strip it and clear coat. Two birds with one stone.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Klaster1 wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:58 pm
Buy any color, strip it and clear coat. Two birds with one stone.
Seriously considering doing that to the Ultimate CF SLX Disc frameset I just purchased second hand. Either that or respraying it with a nice fade…

PSC88

by PSC88

First post on WW....

But here’s my canyon before and after a few upgrades....

Started out as a fairly normal cf slx 8 di2 and now. But it was slowly turning satin, as a result of cleaning so it got some new paint :D and a group set, and some hunt 36’s but that’s harder to justify though... :lol:
Attachments
3B7AA5C0-D5EE-4142-8F8A-B5EA4D2B5B0C.jpeg
EDAE2031-DA2D-4755-8A3C-A3EF6AF2E864.jpeg
Pete

Current Bikes:

S-Works Tarmac SL6, Colnago Super 1979, Planet X Pro Carbon

Old bikes:

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX (RIP) , Ribble R872, Ribble Winter 7005

robertbb

by robertbb

PSC88 wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:33 pm
First post on WW....

Started out as a fairly normal cf slx 8 di2 and now. But it was slowly turning satin, as a result of cleaning so it got some new paint :D and a group set, and some hunt 36’s but that’s harder to justify though... :lol:
Awesome. I'm about to get mine painted too!

Few questions: did the painter remove or mask the rubber insert atop the seatpost? And did they remove or mask the front derailleir grommet (seems to be glued in on my frame). I run mechanical.

Also, anything I should be aware of before I commit to the job? (How much did you pay?)

(Would love to see more pics, of top tube, etc...)

PSC88

by PSC88

robertbb wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:07 am
[quote=PSC88 post_id=<a href="tel:1424523">1424523</a> time=<a href="tel:1535222022">1535222022</a> user_id=74408]
First post on WW....

Awesome. I'm about to get mine painted too!

Few questions: did the painter remove or mask the rubber insert atop the seatpost? And did they remove or mask the front derailleir grommet (seems to be glued in on my frame). I run mechanical.

Also, anything I should be aware of before I commit to the job? (How much did you pay?)

(Would love to see more pics, of top tube, etc...)
[/quote]

Yeah it’s totally worth it especially if you’re fed up of fingerprints on a matte bike. Also into truly unique even fairly rare bikes are 10 a penny by comparison. But that’s just vanity....

Yeah he removed pretty much all the fittings to be fair I gave him the frame stripped apart from the rubber ring and the seat clamp because I had no idea how that came apart! My front grommet I pulled out and bought a new set of Di2 grommets circa £4 or whatever it is.

The bike itself is a fade from a rust colour to a very bright orange, and has a flip coat over it so in sunlight has a green high light it’s difficult to show but I’ll stick some photos up when I’m at home with an sLr but here’s the top tube and a better view of the fade. The top tube is cosmic black which is a metallic fleck colour used by spesh on their higher range s-works or pro frames. But I specifically asked to keep the original canyon design.

It was £350 or so but it is a fair amount of work.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Pete

Current Bikes:

S-Works Tarmac SL6, Colnago Super 1979, Planet X Pro Carbon

Old bikes:

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX (RIP) , Ribble R872, Ribble Winter 7005

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components