slake21 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 pm
RUNTHAT wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:47 pm
Rider27 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 am
:D
New bike day.
Not specially weightweenie but damn fast.
I'll put a p2m/rotor on it.
Ideas to shave some weight?
Congrats!
I really like this. For some reason I thought it was an SLX framed bike.

Edit: My poor attempt for a suggestion on weight savings is ligher saddle, Dura Ace cassette, lighter MTB rotors.
yep.
plus Dura Ace brake rotors
KMC x11sl chain (or other brand)
lighter tires/tubes (latex?)
some really light bottlecages
lighter bar tape

and if you don't mind it, cutting the steerer, maybe slam the stem
DA rotors I'll definitely do this (almost for look I'll admit)
Lighter chain is a good idea
Tires are already quite good gp5000 and I don't know the tubes but some latex might be nice
Bar tape once this one is out I'll put some lizard skin
For bottle cage do you have ideas? Not to expensive and usuable?
You could go with XTR rotor, same tech as Dura-Ace rotors but lighter.

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

i’ve recently built up a Canyon Evo frameset with a shimano groupset and installed a Shimano BB86 bottom bracket. Unfortunately after less than 500km the bottom bracket is creaking.

There are options to fix this such Hambini one piece BB86, Wheels Manufacturing BB86 screw-in adapter and also loctite 641 applied to the Shimano BB86.

For Shimano groupsets what bottom bracket are you running that is creak free?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Any pics of you on ur current bike? Flexibility Plays such a huge part in fit tho as well and also riding style.
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I just got an Ultimate CF evo frame electric delivered in sale.
If you are looking for a lightweight rim brake frame...nice option

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Somebody can recommand a replacement headset as I'm not uring the CP10 handlebar with my ultimate frame.

galr1

by galr1

probertsqbe wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:25 pm
For Shimano groupsets what bottom bracket are you running that is creak free?
I've got a evo and have squeaking from the c-bear bottom bracket which is installed. It was fitted using grease. Also had squeaking from the dura ace 92 bb which was in there before.

The wheels manufacturing looks like a good option, cause I really hate pressing the bb in and whacking it out.

Rider27

by Rider27

Hello
Just changed the bottle cage on my Aeroad and (re) noticed some kind of a hole between screw hole on the frame. See picture attached.
Anybody know what is it for? And also if it's supposed to have a plug in it?
Attachments
IMG_20200816_163713.jpg

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Rider27 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:43 pm
Hello
Just changed the bottle cage on my Aeroad and (re) noticed some kind of a hole between screw hole on the frame. See picture attached.
It's a zip tie anchor, you pass your internal cables through a zip tie that hangs inside the down tube from that hole, it bunchs the them together, dus minimising rattle...

Rider27

by Rider27

Raimundo wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:57 pm
Rider27 wrote:
Hello
It's a zip tie anchor, you pass your internal cables through a zip tie that hangs inside the down tube from that hole, it bunchs the them together, dus minimising rattle...
Allright.
The ziptie is inserted fully opened then all cables are routed inside and then the zip is closed to maintain everything inside it ? Do I understand?
Is water/dust susceptible to go inside the frame?
I found it quite ''ugly'' with these bottle cage as it's a big black area on white paint.

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Rider27 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:49 pm
Raimundo wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:57 pm
Rider27 wrote:
Hello
Allright.
The ziptie is inserted fully opened then all cables are routed inside and then the zip is closed to maintain everything inside it ? Do I understand?
Is water/dust susceptible to go inside the frame?
I found it quite ''ugly'' with these bottle cage as it's a big black area on white paint.
Yes, exactly what you just said, you have understood it perfectly!

Yeah, water, dust, sweat, has the potencial to enter the frameset via that "port", and unless your frame is black, or you have a water bottle in there, i also think i looks like crap.

On the plus side, you can use common zipties, and if you don't cut them after assembly, instead just tucking away the tip/tail of the ziptie into the side of the anchor inside the downtube, next time you have to work on your cables/hoses you just have to fish out the tip of the ziptie, open it with a tip of a knife or a thin pointy object, and voilá, you can even reuse the same zip tie over and over again...

You wont notice it after a few months, everytime you put a bottle in the cage, that eyesore just "disappears", or better, it gets camouflaged :D

Discodan

by Discodan

2cm of white electrical tape, problem solved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Discodan wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:28 pm
2cm of white electrical tape, problem solved

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MacGyver in da house! 8)

Rider27

by Rider27

I'll try the electric tape it's quite a good idea !
Or I'll put back my previous bottle cage that hide this blackspot! Or I'll wait for the camouflage tips to work on me too 😉
Thanks for explanation.

okimy

by okimy

Have had this bike for almost a year now, but never got around to posting it. Not quite a weightweenie at 8kg with cages and pedals, but it rides really nicely. It's an Ultimate CF SL Disc (size M) with mechanical Ultegra. I Upgraded the tires and tubes to Specialized Turbo Cottons with latex tubes and swapped the Saddle for a Specialized Power Arc. Hope you like it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rider27

by Rider27

okimy wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:11 pm

Have had this bike for almost a year now, but never got around to posting it. Not quite a weightweenie at 8kg with cages and pedals, but it rides really nicely. It's an Ultimate CF SL Disc (size M) with mechanical Ultegra. I Upgraded the tires and tubes to Specialized Turbo Cottons with latex tubes and swapped the Saddle for a Specialized Power Arc. Hope you like it.
Beautiful bike. some room for weight improvement on the wheels these dt are quite heavy indeed!