The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

tw88

by tw88

I made up my mind and will send it back. The bike is in stock, so it shouldn't take too long to get a new one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

llmonty

by llmonty

Here is my 2019 Canyon Endurace CF SL 8.0 in Flash Blue - loving it so far. Changed out seat to Spec Toupe, and changed cranks to 170mm and stages PM.
IMG_6357.jpg

slake21

by slake21

llmonty wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 pm
Here is my 2019 Canyon Endurace CF SL 8.0 in Flash Blue - loving it so far. Changed out seat to Spec Toupe, and changed cranks to 170mm and stages PM. IMG_6357.jpg
Nice! this color looks much better with a black logo than with a white one.

llmonty

by llmonty

slake21 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:30 pm
llmonty wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 pm
Here is my 2019 Canyon Endurace CF SL 8.0 in Flash Blue - loving it so far. Changed out seat to Spec Toupe, and changed cranks to 170mm and stages PM. IMG_6357.jpg
Nice! this color looks much better with a black logo than with a white one.
I agree! As I told my wife, this was the longest impluse decision I ever made. Had been eyeing the bike for a year, but was underwhelmed with the US color schemes. Then this color was introduced, it was in stock, and they have a free shipping promotion which pushed me over the edge. The women's purple is also a fantastic color, but the geo is different than the men's/unisex. Thank you!

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

I made rerouted the electric wire, and shortened hydraulic cable.

Hw44

by Hw44

Canyon stuff..But in bad way
If your local Canyon Customer Service is friendly, you´re a happy person.
I love Canyon but I´ve had problems with nearly all my orders via Canyon Czech Republic. One and only order without any issues has been my Ultimate CF SL, but then I bought Kask Valegro in shiny black colour and then the matt black one arrived. Customer service told me the fault was on their side because of different photo on web. But I kept that matte one because It maybe suited my bike better. One week ago I ordered expander set (expander, top cap and screw for that) Canyon worker ordered me it for about 400 Kč (15.5 Euro) So I was waiting. After some days It arrved from Germany. But Only expander without screw nor top cap. After some mails where that worker told me that I failed my order because of missunderstanding what I actually need, I was forced to introduce him what Acros Ai70 actually is and why I need that expander to slam my stem. He really did not know anything about how it works. So today He sent me a last mail with new order (hopefully top cap+screw) which I needed so badly. Then He told me that He does not understand why I cannot order it from any other cycling store. So I reply him "Sorry that I want the original parts for my bike"
Yes, I could buy It from any other cycling store but this issue really show how my local Canyon Customer Service actully works. If there is a way, I will only buy other stuff only via international site of canyon not my local one.
Thank you for reading ;)

RedbullFiXX

by RedbullFiXX

kampiakseli wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:00 pm
Super Nice !
Cyclocross, in general, is about riding the wrong bike for the conditions.

MrWings

by MrWings

Hey guys, some lovely bikes in this thread! Does any one know the paint code for Cherry Pepper please?

dcorn

by dcorn

kampiakseli wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:00 pm
Did you DIY? How simple is the hydro cable shortening? The ones on my Aeroad are also absurdly long.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Yes I did it my self. Easy, if you are handy. You need bleeding kit and olives for hydraulic cables. Heat shrink for putting hydraulic hose and Di2 cable together. There will be a leftover hole for Di2 cable wich I covered with a tape.

FrankG

by FrankG

Hw44 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:46 am
Canyon stuff..But in bad way
If your local Canyon Customer Service is friendly, you´re a happy person.
I love Canyon but I´ve had problems with nearly all my orders via Canyon Czech Republic. One and only order without any issues has been my Ultimate CF SL, but then I bought Kask Valegro in shiny black colour and then the matt black one arrived. Customer service told me the fault was on their side because of different photo on web. But I kept that matte one because It maybe suited my bike better. One week ago I ordered expander set (expander, top cap and screw for that) Canyon worker ordered me it for about 400 Kč (15.5 Euro) So I was waiting. After some days It arrved from Germany. But Only expander without screw nor top cap. After some mails where that worker told me that I failed my order because of missunderstanding what I actually need, I was forced to introduce him what Acros Ai70 actually is and why I need that expander to slam my stem. He really did not know anything about how it works. So today He sent me a last mail with new order (hopefully top cap+screw) which I needed so badly. Then He told me that He does not understand why I cannot order it from any other cycling store. So I reply him "Sorry that I want the original parts for my bike"
Yes, I could buy It from any other cycling store but this issue really show how my local Canyon Customer Service actully works. If there is a way, I will only buy other stuff only via international site of canyon not my local one.
Thank you for reading ;)

I'm not 100% sure of what you are looking for as your English is a little broken (but a hell of alot better than my Czech! :mrgreen: ). I assume you have the CANYON CP10 AEROCOCKPIT CF and you want to slam it. You can do this without having to order a new expander, top cap etc. See the attached and it shows you how to reset the assembly on your bike. I hope this answers your question?
Attachments
FB_IMG_1535390955190.jpg
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

FrankG

by FrankG

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road/aeroa ... -0-sl.html

New colour scheme and now with SRAM's latest RED eTap AXS 12-speed groupset
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

95s10nj

by 95s10nj

Contemplating purchasing a Canyon Ultimate in size small. 177.5cm tall with an inseam 86.5cm. I ride with my saddle aproximately 77cm. I recently test rode a giant tcr in size medium that felt nice with about 8cm of drop but the giant has a pretty tall spacer stack. Since I'm more leg I think the small is the best fit but what drop would I have with the Canyon with all 27.5mm of spacers? Thanks

crux

by crux

95s10nj wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:48 pm
Contemplating purchasing a Canyon Ultimate in size small. 177.5cm tall with an inseam 86.5cm. I ride with my saddle aproximately 77cm. I recently test rode a giant tcr in size medium that felt nice with about 8cm of drop but the giant has a pretty tall spacer stack. Since I'm more leg I think the small is the best fit but what drop would I have with the Canyon with all 27.5mm of spacers? Thanks
I'd suggest a size medium for you. With that you can decrease the spacers and it would still have a nice drop.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com