The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Sammutd88

by Sammutd88

The new Grizl AL has a much nicer looking frame finish!

G1032

by G1032

markusz wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:44 pm
question for owners of Canyon bikes with Kyrsium Exalith wheels...

we are supposed to using Mavic Exalith brake pads with these wheels but when i got my Ultimate CF SLX the pads were marked with Swissstop Flash branding..
is it ok to use Swissstop Flashpro pads again or should i be using Mavic own branded Exalith pads?

Exalith 2
https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... %5B21%5D=1
Swissstop Flashpro
https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8; ... 5B192%5D=1

thanks in advance.
Sorry to bring up an old post but just wondering if it's the Swissstop Flash Pro original or BXP that I need for Exalith rims or does it matter?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romanmoser

by romanmoser

i've seen zabel on instagram months ago with the new ultimate slx all integrated
didn't saw it from all angles but except the full integration a la aeroad , i didn't noticed anything particular

the frameset ultimate slx tested very well in rim and disc versions
it was a precursor and still is a benchmark like the sl6 but went out sooner I think

It is getting a bit long in the tooth now in the disc version I find
What 4 5 years ? And they have well used and paid for the molds with all their ltd editions, cfr versions etc

the rim one is a modern classic I would say
Like the tarmac sl6
The last superbike in rim brake from canyon

3phase

by 3phase

I have a 2018 Aeroad Mechanical Rim Brakes and was wondering with the new Shimano R8150 Di2 12 speed Groupset, would the existing hole for the FD be large enough for the now smaller wires for the FD. Shimano says the new EW-SD300 cord diameter is 2.4mm while the plug is 3.45. I'm guessing it's still too small but anyone fitted the new 12 speed to a mechanical frame Canyon? Thanks!

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

3phase wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:26 am
I have a 2018 Aeroad Mechanical Rim Brakes and was wondering with the new Shimano R8150 Di2 12 speed Groupset, would the existing hole for the FD be large enough for the now smaller wires for the FD. Shimano says the new EW-SD300 cord diameter is 2.4mm while the plug is 3.45. I'm guessing it's still too small but anyone fitted the new 12 speed to a mechanical frame Canyon? Thanks!
All Canyon's for mechanical shifting I've worked on have been designed to only have the bare cables pass through the frame and nothing more. The cable entry holes weren't even large enough to pass through the liner of Jagwire Link housing. I definitely cannot see any Di2 wire going through the cable entry ports without enlarging them with a drillbit, not even if you cut the wires so the connectors don't have to go through the frame.

Klaster_1

by Klaster_1

MayhemSWE wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:46 am
I definitely cannot see any Di2 wire going through the cable entry ports without enlarging them with a drillbit, not even if you cut the wires so the connectors don't have to go through the frame.
My FM079 was not a Canyon (even though some people though so on the first glance), but I successfully routed Di2 wires through mechanical shifting cable holes - one at the head tube and other at the seat tube. To do this, you have to cut the outer wire cover, exposing red and white inner wires, cut the wires, route the plug-free end and splice the wires back together.

3phase

by 3phase

MayhemSWE wrote:
3phase wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:26 am
All Canyon's for mechanical shifting I've worked on have been designed to only have the bare cables pass through the frame and nothing more. The cable entry holes weren't even large enough to pass through the liner of Jagwire Link housing. I definitely cannot see any Di2 wire going through the cable entry ports without enlarging them with a drillbit, not even if you cut the wires so the connectors don't have to go through the frame.
Thanks for your reply. So an enlargement of the existing hole is required then. :(

Klaster_1 wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:33 pm
MayhemSWE wrote:
I definitely cannot see any Di2 wire going through the cable entry ports without enlarging them with a drillbit, not even if you cut the wires so the connectors don't have to go through the frame.
My FM079 was not a Canyon (even though some people though so on the first glance), but I successfully routed Di2 wires through mechanical shifting cable holes - one at the head tube and other at the seat tube. To do this, you have to cut the outer wire cover, exposing red and white inner wires, cut the wires, route the plug-free end and splice the wires back together.
So I cut the shimano wire and splice it once its through the hole. I guess I'm better in splicing wires than enlarging holes.

MattBeOne

by MattBeOne

Quick question: Just received my Canyon Ultimate SL8 *yeah!*.
However, I always rode with a zero-offset seatpost and I immedeatly feel stretched out on the bike.

Do you know if you can install any odd 27.2mm seatpost in the Canyon bikes? Or should it specifically be from Canyon (and why?).

jayjay

by jayjay

MattBeOne wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:12 pm
However, I always rode with a zero-offset seatpost and I immedeatly feel stretched out on the bike.

Do you know if you can install any odd 27.2mm seatpost in the Canyon bikes? Or should it specifically be from Canyon (and why?).
You can choose any 27.2mm seatpost :)
Last edited by jayjay on Thu May 05, 2022 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

MattBeOne wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:12 pm

While you can use any seatpost, I really would not switch to zero setback. Moving the saddle forward will most likely increase pressure on your hands by a whole lot.

The Ultimate SL8 should come with the S13 VCLS CF seatpost which has adjustable setback. Its lowest setback of 15 mm, at worst having the saddle rails pushed forward rather than in the center of the clamp, should be more than enough.

If not, I'd instead perhaps exchange the cockpit for one with a slightly shorter stem. In most locations (but unfortunately not all) Canyon will do that free of charge within the first 30 days from delivery.

caballero

by caballero

Sounds like you need to work out your fit, then set about adjusting saddle height, setback, stem length, bar height etc.. to get you where you need to be.

RPMfr

by RPMfr

My canyon Ultimate evo rim brake. In remplacement of my ultimate slx (crash with a car)

Canyon doesn't sell ultimate slx rim brake. They offered to sell me a SL version.

So i looked second-hand market and I found an Ultimate evo.

The change :
- Size S instead of M (I’m in between sizes)
- di2 instead of mecanical

Weight : 6,8 kg ready to ride. (7,1 kg for the old one)

I have to cut the steerer tube.

The old one :

https://i.servimg.com/u/f14/12/26/45/60/canyon10.jpg
https://i14.servimg.com/u/f14/12/26/45/60/c410.jpg
https://i14.servimg.com/u/f14/12/26/45/60/c210.jpg

jonCycling

by jonCycling

Hello, does anyone know the color code (RAL, Pantone, ... or equivalent) of the Canyon Aeroad 2019 CF SLX Di2 Stealth color scheme?
I need to repaint some little chips in top tube gray painted area.
I was thinking to use Montana Colors Gold series acrylic can or similar...

CN2000

by CN2000

MayhemSWE wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:43 am
Unfortunately it seems all the lower grade CF SL bikes/frames had their forks downgraded. For example the Ultimate/Endurace CF SL Disc used to come with the same OneOneFour SLX Disc fork as on the higher grade bikes listed as 325 g, while the new OneOneFour SL Disc is instead 390 g.

Despite the lower grade fork the Ultimate CF SL Disc frameset has gotten a lot more expensive. At least the weight is offset by a lighter cockpit, as most Ultimates now ship with a new CP10 AeroCockpit at claimed weight 320 g (previously with H36 AeroCockpit at 390 g).
In this test the SLX fork weighs 370g. I saved 10g by cutting the steerer tube.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Has anyone stripped 2020-2022 Ultimate CF SL 8? I wonder if the frame is pushing 900 grams.
Per Canyon, stock build is 7.02 kg. I just want the frame!

Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com