The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

TheSledge

by TheSledge

Hi folks, my first post - hopefully this is the right place.

I'm about to hit the 'place order' button on a 2017 Ultimate SLX from the factory outlet store and would like to add a shorter stem (100mm v13) to the order. I spoke to someone at Canyon yesterday on Live Chat and they confirmed that the factory wouldn't fit the alternative stem to an outlet bike prior to despatch.

The stem is £45.95 but, according to the website, the price is £40.95 when purchased with a bike: unfortunately, when I go through the ordering process, the higher price stays on there. Is this because the lower price only applies for bikes at full cost? If so, that seems poor. I've looked through the website and can find no reference to this condition and have been unable to connect with anyone on Live Chat.

Any advice appreciated - looking forward to engaging with the forum more often once my Ultimate arrives!

Sledge

kidrob

by kidrob

TheSledge wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:20 pm
Hi folks, my first post - hopefully this is the right place.

I'm about to hit the 'place order' button on a 2017 Ultimate SLX from the factory outlet store and would like to add a shorter stem (100mm v13) to the order. I spoke to someone at Canyon yesterday on Live Chat and they confirmed that the factory wouldn't fit the alternative stem to an outlet bike prior to despatch.

The stem is £45.95 but, according to the website, the price is £40.95 when purchased with a bike: unfortunately, when I go through the ordering process, the higher price stays on there. Is this because the lower price only applies for bikes at full cost? If so, that seems poor. I've looked through the website and can find no reference to this condition and have been unable to connect with anyone on Live Chat.

Any advice appreciated - looking forward to engaging with the forum more often once my Ultimate arrives!

Sledge
Just call them ;) That's what their service is for and it's great!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheSledge

by TheSledge

Thanks Kidrob - been trying but couldn't get through. Maybe they're all snowed in like the rest of us...
Anyway, I took the plunge and ordered, thinking I can always chase up the £5 over-charge later. Didn't need to worry - the lower price has been charged on the invoice.
Now it's just a case of sitting tight and waiting for delivery of my Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 di2 in Gran Tourismo blue. #giddyasakipper! Let's hope we're due some decent weather once the Beast from the East buggers off!

hanakuso1

by hanakuso1

Does anyone know if they lowered the price on the Endurace SLX 8.0 and SLX 8.0 Di2 on the US site? I'm pretty sure they were more expensive.

dinesh2988

by dinesh2988

Bike Complete :)

Got one question .. Anyone using a Saddle with a Carbon rail as the clamp that comes with the bike looks like it only supports metal rails. I am using a Fizik R1 which comes with Carbon rails .. Do I need to buy a new new clamp for carbon rails ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankG

by FrankG

Yes, You need the following replacement seat clamp -

Material No. 123913

S27/S28 outer parts (7x9) for 7x9 rails
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

dinesh2988

by dinesh2988

FrankG wrote:Yes, You need the following replacement seat clamp -

Material No. 123913

S27/S28 outer parts (7x9) for 7x9 rails
Thanks mate ... Ordered the same from Canyon.

cnyn

by cnyn

dinesh2988

by dinesh2988

cnyn wrote:Image
Looks great ... How are the DTSwiss ? I have ordered the 62MM ARC.

bouldersport

by bouldersport

hanakuso1 wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:20 am
Does anyone know if they lowered the price on the Endurace SLX 8.0 and SLX 8.0 Di2 on the US site? I'm pretty sure they were more expensive.
Both bikes were reduced by $500. I just got the SLX 8.0 mechanical. There's nothing else like it for the price - especially in 2XL.

slake21

by slake21

how the hell should you adjust the headset? (regular type, not the aerocockpit)
the fork still moves when I hold the front brake.
I tightened the plug, then the cap but it still moves.

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

slake21 wrote:how the hell should you adjust the headset? (regular type, not the aerocockpit)
I had the same issue so raised a support call with Canyon. This is what they advised me which worked for me.

The adjustment on the headset of your Ultimate actually has the same adjustment process as a standard aheadset system. The only difference being the upper bearing cover has an additional pinch bolt in it- meaning you will need undo both the stem bolts AND the pinch bolt in the headset cover you have ordered. Once these are loose simply tighten down the top cap bolt carefully until headset play is removed. Finally torque your stem pinch bolts back to 5nm and the top cover bolt to 2-3nm (max is 3nm- so you can run it a little lower). This helps lock everything in place. What the headset cover pinch bolt does not do is loosen or tighten the headset- like on the old acros adjusters- it is simply a pinch bolt to hold everything in place- this is useful for us particularly during shipping so the forks do not drop out in the box and damage anything. I hope that makes sense. Myself or one of the customer service team are happy to clarify the process further. Thanks, Jack

hidefguy

by hidefguy

probertsqbe wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:28 pm
slake21 wrote:how the hell should you adjust the headset? (regular type, not the aerocockpit)
I had the same issue so raised a support call with Canyon. This is what they advised me which worked for me.

The adjustment on the headset of your Ultimate actually has the same adjustment process as a standard aheadset system. The only difference being the upper bearing cover has an additional pinch bolt in it- meaning you will need undo both the stem bolts AND the pinch bolt in the headset cover you have ordered. Once these are loose simply tighten down the top cap bolt carefully until headset play is removed. Finally torque your stem pinch bolts back to 5nm and the top cover bolt to 2-3nm (max is 3nm- so you can run it a little lower). This helps lock everything in place. What the headset cover pinch bolt does not do is loosen or tighten the headset- like on the old acros adjusters- it is simply a pinch bolt to hold everything in place- this is useful for us particularly during shipping so the forks do not drop out in the box and damage anything. I hope that makes sense. Myself or one of the customer service team are happy to clarify the process further. Thanks, Jack
Thanks. I am having the same issue after cutting the fork. I will give this a try.

slake21

by slake21

probertsqbe wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:28 pm
The only difference being the upper bearing cover has an additional pinch bolt in it
the problem is mine doesn't have any bolts. it's the 2016 version CF SLX
I'll keep trying but I'm seriously considering just getting a normal expander plug... As I see Pro makes one in 1 1/4"

ok. now managed to fix it. just needed some more torque.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

crux

by crux

kazmazx wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:05 pm
hi! im a cayon user, me too
Hello :) Show us yours