robertbb wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:25 am
RoadiefromMN wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:45 am
robertbb wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:45 am
RoadiefromMN wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:00 am

That couldn't be further from my experience. The rep I talked to was pleasant and helpful. I had a complete new bike in less than a week with very little trouble.
Great! Happy it worked for you... many others not so lucky.
Proof? I hate when people bash others with unsubstantiated claims.
Sure, I'll track down Canyon owners internationally who've had claims summarily rejected and obtain sworn affidavits from all of them. I'll then engage a legal team to collate them and do my best to obtain further evidence from Canyon for each one of those claims.

Wouldn't do it for anyone else, but only because it's you... a Roadie from MN.

Stand by. Please do check back here daily for updates.
Fear nothing!!! I am one of those hassled Canyon costumers, i had terrible experiences with Canyon custumer service (although i still own Canyon's)...

Feel free to sign me up for that legal team you were talking about. 8)

robertbb

by robertbb

Yeah but PROOF dude... PROOF. Where's your evidence.

(Am I doing this right?)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Same here, I bought an Ultimate EVO frame.
Service team said it was no problem to order a 'normal' headset so I coul duse a normal stem and handlebar instead of the one-piece Canyon cockpit. When I paid the extra money, the delivery time changed to january 2021 but the 'service team' said this was normal and they would ship within the week.
Now 8 weeks later still nothing...

RoadiefromMN

by RoadiefromMN

robertbb wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:11 am

(Am I doing this right?)
So edgy. You have a few anecdotal examples and no tact. I have no idea why you are trolling me, but it sure is proof you are a prick. Carry on, I have nothing else to say to you.

robertbb

by robertbb

RoadiefromMN wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:31 pm
robertbb wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:11 am

(Am I doing this right?)
So edgy. You have a few anecdotal examples and no tact. I have no idea why you are trolling me, but it sure is proof you are a prick. Carry on, I have nothing else to say to you.
:lol: Fruitloop.

ultreia

by ultreia

Hello, I have a H31 aerocockpit and I need to replace the spacers,do you know if H36 spacers fit this handlebar?

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

ultreia wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:45 pm
Hello, I have a H31 aerocockpit and I need to replace the spacers,do you know if H36 spacers fit this handlebar?
All Canyon's bikes with integrate cockpits use the exact same spacers AFAIK. The only part this is slightly different between some framesets is the headset dust cover.

ksjogo

by ksjogo

Got this older Ulimate CF SLX from Ebay in a very much unused state.
Will add some Campagnolo bottle cages and change the tires to GP5000 25 first.
Any 'must' fixes or recommendations for the older Ulimate models?

scico

by scico

Did anyone have Ultimate's saddle clamp issues? Mine saddle goes frequently out of bubble...I dosmounted everything several times and used 9Nm for the screws (as customer service told me).

RUNTHAT

by RUNTHAT

bruno2000 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:27 am
Same here, I bought an Ultimate EVO frame.
Service team said it was no problem to order a 'normal' headset so I coul duse a normal stem and handlebar instead of the one-piece Canyon cockpit. When I paid the extra money, the delivery time changed to january 2021 but the 'service team' said this was normal and they would ship within the week.
Now 8 weeks later still nothing...
Wow, this is something that I wasn't hoping to read. I'm working with their crash replacement team and the fork that I need is not in stock. I don't even have an ETA like you do. I'm already a month off my new bike, and losing all patience and motivation to keep it around. I've been riding my '14 Giant Defy and think that I'll just sell off the Canyon and pocket the thousands of dollars (once it's put back together). Hope your situation gets better.

/rant

kofsw4

by kofsw4

Hello,

Does anybody know what the difference between the H11 and H36 cockpits is?

I'm thinking about swapping the 100mm H11 from my size medium Aeroad rim brake which is a little too long and the 90mm H36 from my size small Ultimate disc which is a little short. Both have the Di2 junction box tucked under the stem. Anything I should be aware of or is it a straight swap?

Thanks

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

kofsw4 wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:32 am
Does anybody know what the difference between the H11 and H36 cockpits is?
Someone claimed in another thread that the H11 had a slightly rounder/more traditional bend to the H36 compact bend, but looking at Canyon's own sideview product shots (H36, H11) I sure can't see any difference. According to the numbers printed on the website and the cockpits themselves the H36 should have a tiny bit longer reach and drop than the H11 though, 74 vs 70 mm and 130 vs 128 mm. H36 is heavier which I believe is due to extra reinforcements to allow clip-on aerobars, which I don't think the H11 is intended to be used with.

kofsw4

by kofsw4

That's really helpful thanks, I hadn't noticed that they have different reaches but I think still worth swapping out even if it will only give me +/- 6mm on the two bikes.

Cubist

by Cubist

PaulJ wrote:Has anyone ever crossed their gear cables inside the frame? Or is that a massive ‘no no’ (my head says it probably is)?

I feel like I could get cleaner cable routing with the rear mech entering the down tube on the right, and the front on the left, this would mean the cables cross internally.

I’ve not got the integrated cockpit, however have a set of Easton EC90 aero bars coming which have internal routing, exiting on the underneath of the bar either side of the stem. I’m concerned the bends could be a little tight if going into the same side of the frame as they exit the bars... hope that all makes sense! Frame is a current model Ultimate CF SLX rim brake, for reference.
Not a problem. I did the same with my Easton EC70 aero bars.

Lewis

by Lewis

Got me a Grail it's Grrrrrrait! :beerchug:
EB513F92-1E6A-4E11-ABBB-E8800AD1FC98.jpeg
2020 Canyon Grail AL 6.0

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com