The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

natetg57

by natetg57

I have a 2018 Endurace CF SLX 8.0. I've owned the bike for about a year. I just noticed today a crack on the right seat stay near the top. A representative from canyon suggested getting it repaired or buying a new frame. Maybe the bike got bumped from the side somehow. I'm thinking that maybe it's just the paint with the crack. What do you all think?
Attachments
IMG_20200821_170713.jpg
IMG_20200821_170455.jpg

RoadiefromMN

by RoadiefromMN

natetg57 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:16 am
I have a 2018 Endurace CF SLX 8.0. I've owned the bike for about a year. I just noticed today a crack on the right seat stay near the top. A representative from canyon suggested getting it repaired or buying a new frame. Maybe the bike got bumped from the side somehow. I'm thinking that maybe it's just the paint with the crack. What do you all think?
Your canyon comes with a six year warranty. I suggest you use it. I got a new bike after I had my frame crack

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

RoadiefromMN wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:12 am
natetg57 wrote:
Your canyon comes with a six year warranty. I suggest you use it. I got a new bike after I had my frame crack
Agreed. Canyon is likely to give you a hard time and accuse you of mishandling the bike though. Don't accept it from them.

natetg57

by natetg57

Thanks, but I got the bike second hand and so I don't think the warranty transfers unfortunately

zmjones

by zmjones

natetg57 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:53 am
Thanks, but I got the bike second hand and so I don't think the warranty transfers unfortunately
yea... i'd probably get it inspected by a repair place at least. that said a seat stay crack likely won't result in a failure that makes you crash, so you could just monitor it.

iamraymond

by iamraymond

The Endurace SLX was on of my top contenders for a new bike a few years back. I was turned off when I saw photos on IG of frames cracking at the seatstay. The 2 or 3 cases I saw were all the SLX model and always in red.

I found one on IG:
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bba5KEAn1h9 ... yneq77txrl

robertbb

by robertbb

And, just like I said a few posts above, the IG poster wrote Canyon told them it was their fault...

RoadiefromMN

by RoadiefromMN

robertbb wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:41 am
RoadiefromMN wrote:
natetg57 wrote:
Agreed. Canyon is likely to give you a hard time and accuse you of mishandling the bike though. Don't accept it from them.
That couldn't be further from my experience. The rep I talked to was pleasant and helpful. I had a complete new bike in less than a week with very little trouble.

scico

by scico

Rider27 wrote:
slake21 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 pm
RUNTHAT wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:47 pm
Rider27 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:40 am
:D
New bike day.
Not specially weightweenie but damn fast.
I'll put a p2m/rotor on it.
Ideas to shave some weight?
Congrats!
I really like this. For some reason I thought it was an SLX framed bike.

Edit: My poor attempt for a suggestion on weight savings is ligher saddle, Dura Ace cassette, lighter MTB rotors.
yep.
plus Dura Ace brake rotors
KMC x11sl chain (or other brand)
lighter tires/tubes (latex?)
some really light bottlecages
lighter bar tape

and if you don't mind it, cutting the steerer, maybe slam the stem
DA rotors I'll definitely do this (almost for look I'll admit)
Lighter chain is a good idea
Tires are already quite good gp5000 and I don't know the tubes but some latex might be nice
Bar tape once this one is out I'll put some lizard skin
For bottle cage do you have ideas? Not to expensive and usuable?
Consider Canyon Cf sl cages 25gr

Inviato dal mio SM-A405FN utilizzando Tapatalk

robertbb

by robertbb

RoadiefromMN wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:00 am
robertbb wrote:
RoadiefromMN wrote:
natetg57 wrote:
That couldn't be further from my experience. The rep I talked to was pleasant and helpful. I had a complete new bike in less than a week with very little trouble.
Great! Happy it worked for you... many others not so lucky.

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

scico wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:48 am
Rider27 wrote:For bottle cage do you have ideas? Not to expensive and usuable?
Installed a pair on my Ultimate about a week ago. Really nice, holds the bottle well and obviously fits right in with Canyon's design language. The only thing I am not a huge fan of is that they require proprietary screws with low profile head.

Rider27

by Rider27

scico wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:48 am
Rider27 wrote:
slake21 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:05 pm
RUNTHAT wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:47 pm

Congrats!
I really like this. For some reason I thought it was an SLX framed bike.

Edit: My poor attempt for a suggestion on weight savings is ligher saddle, Dura Ace cassette, lighter MTB rotors.
yep.
plus Dura Ace brake rotors
KMC x11sl chain (or other brand)
lighter tires/tubes (latex?)
some really light bottlecages
lighter bar tape

and if you don't mind it, cutting the steerer, maybe slam the stem
DA rotors I'll definitely do this (almost for look I'll admit)
Lighter chain is a good idea
Tires are already quite good gp5000 and I don't know the tubes but some latex might be nice
Bar tape once this one is out I'll put some lizard skin
For bottle cage do you have ideas? Not to expensive and usuable?

Inviato dal mio SM-A405FN utilizzando Tapatalk
Thx for the proposal
I finally went with some ''xxx'' ok Ali and so far so good, only 19 and 20gr and keep the bottle tight. Not mentioning the really low price 😁

RoadiefromMN

by RoadiefromMN

robertbb wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:45 am
RoadiefromMN wrote:
robertbb wrote:
RoadiefromMN wrote:

Proof? I hate when people bash others with unsubstantiated claims.

LegPower

by LegPower

95s10nj wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:35 pm
Henry wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:34 pm
Thank you, yes, I ordered that too as a temporary/race day solution but wanted something that also carries the light. Can you please post a few pics of the CP10, specially from underneath would be really interesting to see.
95s10nj wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:30 pm
Henry wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:37 pm
I have the Ultimate CF SLX 9.0 SL on order and was a bit confused by the new CP10 Aerocockpit. I want a really nice solution for fitting my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt and a light out front (gopro type adapter).

Will this mount fit the CP10 aerocockpit, (screw dimensions as well as hole spacing in the mount? The mount was designed for the H31 aerocockpit.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Lezyne-GPS-Compu ... 3283390926

EDIT: Answering my own question:

This mount seems to work with both the H31 and CP10 so that should work.
https://www.canyon.com/sv-se/accessorie ... 6#id=60442

/EDIT

My idea was to pair it with this adapter:

https://www.trekbikes.com/se/sv_SE/cyke ... Code=black

Have you seen any better/lighter option than the Ebay mount above? My idea is then to put this light underneath:

https://www.trekbikes.com/se/sv_SE/cyke ... Code=black
I just got a new ultimate with the cp10 bar and I purchased the canyon mount from them with the bike then purchased the 15 dollar wahoo garmin adapter to use with my bolt. Wahoo also sells a complete mount that will work with the canyon. Haven't thought about my plans for a light yet.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/ac ... olt-aero-2

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/ac ... ter-elemnt

MarekBns wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:16 pm
Hi,
I have H36 on my Aeroad.... How do you guys find this cocpit? I am quite happy with it for riding. But what I do not really like is the Di2 Junction Box placement and handling. I understood Canyon do not sell the CP10 as separate component yet... Anybody changed the H36 for different integrated one or even for stem + handlebar combo? Thanks for your ideas and feedback.
Cheers
The new cp10 with the bar end junction box is pretty sweet. It was unexpected since I thought they were still using the bars with the junction box underneath the stem.
Here you go. They also seem to be shipping with 37.5mm of spacers instead of 27.5. I dont know if this is do to the rumured new fork for the cf sl or not.
Did you ever weigh it? On the new CFR they list the cockpit as 270g, but I can't find any real life weights.

robertbb

by robertbb

RoadiefromMN wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:45 am
robertbb wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:45 am
RoadiefromMN wrote:
robertbb wrote:

Proof? I hate when people bash others with unsubstantiated claims.
Sure, I'll track down Canyon owners internationally who've had claims summarily rejected and obtain sworn affidavits from all of them. I'll then engage a legal team to collate them and do my best to obtain further evidence from Canyon for each one of those claims.

Wouldn't do it for anyone else, but only because it's you... a Roadie from MN.

Stand by. Please do check back here daily for updates.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com