The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Westbank wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 pm
Anyone has the Canyon mountain logo in high resolution (transparent background would be a bonus). I want to make some decals out of it. I emailed Canyon and they only have the CANYON logo available, not the mountain logo.
Sure do. The mountain symbol is available as part of a custom font used on their website. I downloaded the font file along with all of their other custom fonts straight from the webserver, then converted them into standard TrueType for use on custom decals when repainting my Ultimate Disc frameset. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Westbank

by Westbank

Smart ! Do you mind sharing the TTF file ?

slake21

by slake21

Westbank wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 pm
Anyone has the Canyon mountain logo in high resolution (transparent background would be a bonus). I want to make some decals out of it. I emailed Canyon and they only have the CANYON logo available, not the mountain logo.
can't you just resize this one and sharpen the edges?

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Westbank wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:59 pm
Smart ! Do you mind sharing the TTF file ?
Unfortunately it seems the forum itself does not allow attaching TTF or ZIP files. Anyone have a temporary file hosting service to suggest? Would rather not put it on my personal Dropbox or something in case Canyon should object :shock: (though the files are downloadable directly from their website, all I've done is simply convert them into more easily usable file formats…)

CanyonIcon contains all icons used on the website, including the wordmark and mountain symbol.
CanyonLogo is a full alphabet for the logo font, also used on the toptube for ULTIMATE CF SLX etc.
CanyonText is the font used across their website, printed manuals etc.
Last edited by MayhemSWE on Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Westbank

by Westbank

Thanks for sharing the file. Much appreciated. I will try this option later today.

rexyi1990

by rexyi1990

dananch wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:58 am
my new bike !

canyon ultimate cf slx size s
sram red , roval clx 50 clincher
6.35kg
Nice bike, love the color, sexual!

mogwaiboi

by mogwaiboi

Not sure I have a lot of love for Canyon at this point in time, but has anyone else been waiting for a bike to ship lately? I ordered my 'in stock' Ultimate on the 12th Sept. It was originally meant to ship between 17th-21st September, but that went by and no shipping notification. I spoke to them on live chat and they said there is no hold ups, it should ship in a few days. Then I got an email on the 25th saying sorry for the delay but it's now estimated to ship 1st-5th October. Another shipping ETA passes and not a peep. Other people I have spoken to are onto their 3rd shipping ETA and have been waiting up to 6 weeks for an 'in stock' bike. Doesn't fill me with confidence....
Canyon Ultimate CF SL
Canyon Grizl CF SLX
Open U.P.

hanakuso1

by hanakuso1

Are these Aeroad oval clamps? I'll post these in the FS section for free, but the "buyer" pays the shipping.

FrankG

by FrankG

What do you guys think of the new 2019 colour schemes? I like the larger name on the down tube especially on the silver Aeroad.

Also I see they have introduced a new Aeroad CF SL

https://www.canyon.com/en-ie/road/aeroad/#filter1=DISC
8) 2023 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 8.0 Di2
:D 2021 CANYON Ultimate CF SL 8.0 Di2 Aero

Sold
2017 Specialized Tarmac S-Works SL5
2016 CANYON Aeroad CF SLX 9.0 DA Di2 TEAM KAT
2013 Specialized Venge S-works (1st Gen)
2010 Trek Madone 4.5
2010 Trek 1.2

bigfloor

by bigfloor

And a new Ultimate CF SL (marked ‘new’).
Has the same seatpost clamp as the CF SLX

robertbb

by robertbb

bigfloor wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:20 pm
Same mould as the SLX?

slake21

by slake21

bigfloor wrote:
that was always like that, at least for the disc ones https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/14683376/

bigfloor

by bigfloor

slake21 wrote:
bigfloor wrote:
that was always like that, at least for the disc ones https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/14683376/
Yep, but until now not for the rim brake version

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

Unfortunately it seems all the lower grade CF SL bikes/frames had their forks downgraded. For example the Ultimate/Endurace CF SL Disc used to come with the same OneOneFour SLX Disc fork as on the higher grade bikes listed as 325 g, while the new OneOneFour SL Disc is instead 390 g.

Despite the lower grade fork the Ultimate CF SL Disc frameset has gotten a lot more expensive. At least the weight is offset by a lighter cockpit, as most Ultimates now ship with a new CP10 AeroCockpit at claimed weight 320 g (previously with H36 AeroCockpit at 390 g).

sfo423

by sfo423

Has anyone successfully exchanged an integrted bar-stem unit or are buyers relegated to purchasing a separate bar stem unit if they need a different size? Looking at an Endurace but would need diff. bar-stem (than the unit offered on my size).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com