The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

BernieV

by BernieV

gravity wrote:mate, you're a giraffe? that saddle height...

My inseam = 96 cm, saddle height <-> bracket = 85 cm :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Woops...I did it again....BACK TO THE DARK SIDE!!!

....Coming soon is a murdered out Ultimate Slx that I'm mounting up w/ Sram Red/Black...pretty sure this will be hovering around 6kgs w/ my Reynolds MV32T's. :twisted:

They're clearing out the framesets for cheap to make room for next year's updated model, get them fast!

sjc166

by sjc166

Hi all,

Post mine on the "introduce yourself" section so i thought i might put it here as well. Love Canyons...thinking of getting a MTB before i return home to Australia because once i am there the chances of getting one is slim.
DSC01177 by sjc166, on Flickr
DSC01176 by sjc166, on Flickr
DSC01175 by sjc166, on Flickr

incandenza

by incandenza

I am very very close and inching closer by the minute to letter the canyon website have its merry way with my credit card in the form of an ultimate al 9.0...

i am horribly caught between the di2 (an almost sexual longing at the sound of those gear shifts, love the deep black and ti colour) but also tempted by the SL with SRAM force...(cheaper by £200, better wheels with elites instead of equipes, lighter, not as big a fan of the white saddle/bar tape but aesthetics come last anyhoo)....any advice/personal experience would be much appreciated.

p.s. Have been a long time reader and is a great forum here.

Privileged

by Privileged

Here is my Canyon Ultimate CF 7.0

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Nice, which size? 54?

Privileged

by Privileged

majklnajt wrote:Nice, which size? 54?

Thanks, size is 54

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Size 56, right?
Jman wrote:Here's mine in its current condition:

Juggler

by Juggler

incandenza wrote:I am very very close and inching closer by the minute to letter the canyon website have its merry way with my credit card in the form of an ultimate al 9.0...

i am horribly caught between the di2 (an almost sexual longing at the sound of those gear shifts, love the deep black and ti colour) but also tempted by the SL with SRAM force...(cheaper by £200, better wheels with elites instead of equipes, lighter, not as big a fan of the white saddle/bar tape but aesthetics come last anyhoo)....any advice/personal experience would be much appreciated.

p.s. Have been a long time reader and is a great forum here.

You will absolutely LOVE the electronic gear shift. I just bought an Aeroad CF8.0 Di2... never going back to mechanical.

Waiting for the last pieces of the puzzle to fall into place, and then I will get some pics of it. Until further it upgraded with SLR Ltd Black Edition, 3T carbon stem and handlebars, Enve 1.65 and Rotor crankset. A little more different stuff in the pipeline... hoping to get below 7 kg's (if not already).
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

Juggler

by Juggler

A single shot... there are more pics in the "introduce yourself" thread...

2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

mattyb95

by mattyb95

I've recently joined the Canyon club with an Ultimate CF frameset that I've built up and will post a few pictures later.

Do the little rubber tubes Canyon provide actually work and prevent the cables from scratching the frame headtube or will I need patches too?

CarlTroy

by CarlTroy

They work a treat

giant man

by giant man

Damn shame they have changed the geometry on the 2013 CF SLX, bloody S-M-L now instead of 2cm increments, might have to grab one now instead ...

TashkentTerror

by TashkentTerror

Link to my Grand Canyon 29 al. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=81983

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

giant man wrote:Damn shame they have changed the geometry on the 2013 CF SLX, bloody S-M-L now instead of 2cm increments, might have to grab one now instead ...

The new SLX geo is the same as the 2012 Ultimate AL; 'Sport Pro Geo'. The same 73.5 STA with increments in stack and reach through 7 sizes.