The Canyon love thread

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

sfo423

by sfo423

I just received an Endurace SF SLX. It fits and rides fine, but front fork is a noodle. (this is an XL).

Does anyone have insight into their carbon (SLX)? I understand its their 'extreme' and lightest tubeset. But, compared to my TCR Advanced SL, which I'd say is "beefy" the SLX seems super fragile and thin.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

slake21

by slake21

if anyone wants to switch to aerocockpit, the H11 and H31 are €100 off, so you can get one with the spacer kit and a GPS mount for less then the origal price.

mine is on its way already.

Nikisthirdwheel

by Nikisthirdwheel

Just finished mine after a year of sourcing bits, touching up minor paint issues on frame and generally pumping money into unnecessary mods. Very happy with it though!

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

nonamed

by nonamed

Nikisthirdwheel wrote:Just finished mine after a year of sourcing bits, touching up minor paint issues on frame and generally pumping money into unnecessary mods. Very happy with it though!

What issues with paint exactly?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro

Nikisthirdwheel

by Nikisthirdwheel

nonamed wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:22 pm
Nikisthirdwheel wrote:Just finished mine after a year of sourcing bits, touching up minor paint issues on frame and generally pumping money into unnecessary mods. Very happy with it though!

What issues with paint exactly?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk Pro
Some damaged lacquer marks on the handlebars where previous owner had used an iPhone mount, so had to get them repaired. Nothing wrong with the bike! Although trying to keep matt paint clean is a full time job in itself.....

tw88

by tw88

kampiakseli wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:05 am
Nice bike! What size? :D

I ordered my stealth black AEROAD CF SL DISC 8.0 DI2 last friday. The PPS told me size L was the right size for me after entering the following measurements:

Body size: 188.00 cm
Shoulder width: 50.0 cm
Inside leg length: 93.0 cm
Torso length: 69.0 cm
Arm lenght: 77.0 cm
Body weight: 79 kg

I think I'm quite close to an XL looking at the geometry sizes on Canyon's website. What do you guys think; is L the right size for me?
Last edited by tw88 on Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moonoi

by moonoi

tw88 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

What do you guys think; is L the right size for me?
Your measurements are pretty much the same as mine, and I had a size L aeroad, was definately the right size, an XL would have been too big.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

This is size M and my inseam is 87cm.

crux

by crux

kampiakseli wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:05 am
Wow ...

tw88

by tw88

moonoi wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:44 pm
tw88 wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:46 am

What do you guys think; is L the right size for me?
Your measurements are pretty much the same as mine, and I had a size L aeroad, was definately the right size, an XL would have been too big.
Thanks for the feedback guys. Bike will be delivered tomorrow already. Can't wait :D

tw88

by tw88

So I received the bike yesterday within 3 days. Everything was packaged very well. Thumbs up for Canyon in that regard :thumbup:

However, when I removed the stickers with the size labeling I discovered there were some scratches underneeth it. They are quiet deep ones (I can put the top of my nails in them). See following pictures:

Luckely they are in an unobtrusive place at the down section of the frame in between the crankset. When I put the bottle cages on there they will be even harder to spot. And I can also repair them with a paint pen or something like that...

Still it is an expensive bike and it doesn't feel right to receive a bike like this. I send an email to Canyon support to see what they come up with.
I'm still awaiting Canyon's answer but what would you guys do; send it back or be ok with a compensation? :noidea:

tw88

by tw88

Update:

I received a reaction from Canyon. They give me 2 options:

-Send the bike back and they will send a new one.
-I can get a voucher of 100 euros. I told them for a bike which costs 4700 euro's that's quite a low figure and I had a compensation of 200 euro's in mind.

I now await their response and will take it into consideration.

probertsqbe

by probertsqbe

tw88 wrote:Update:

I received a reaction from Canyon. They give me 2 options:

-Send the bike back and they will send a new one.
-I can get a voucher of 100 euros. I told them for a bike which costs 4700 euro's that's quite a low figure and I had a compensation of 200 euro's in mind.

I now await their response and will take it into consideration.
This is really poor quality control from Canyon.

Firstly you need to get them to confirm how long will it take to ship the replacement bike to you. Don’t assume they have it in stock. Would hate you to be waiting for the replacement if you decide to go down that route.

Looking at your photo you won’t notice it when you’ve fitted the bottle cages and have bottles in there. However if it was me I wouldn’t accept the bike and send it back. Every time you clean it you’ll notice it and it would bug the hell out of me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Send it back.

If they've managed to damage the frame there, what other issues are hidden away inside the frame?