Show me your track/fixed wheel bikes!

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

aserota

by aserota

I'm looking for some WW inspiration for a lightweight track bike build (with drilled forks for road use aswell). Please post up your fixed wheel and dedicated track bikes.

Here are my current fixed wheel bikes;

Specialized Langster 08;

Cannondale Track Bike;
WIP however frameset is on the small side so will be changed shortly

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NextRiot

by NextRiot

boom
Attachments
fixedgear  010.jpg

mitre_tester

by mitre_tester

This can be built up quite light, although it's currently at 7.2kg for track and 7.4kg for TT because it has to be fast, cheap and bomb proof first.

grymg

by grymg

Waiting for a thread like this! Here's mine, comes out to 15.3 lbs w/everything you see here.

old codger

by old codger

Hello, here's mine 20yr old frame new respray and new equipment,now my training bike.
forgot to add, its not very WW though.
Attachments
C64 4 1.jpg

Triple5

by Triple5

Bone Stock Avanti Pista Pro

My first track bike, Avanti Pista Comp ... came with brakes, they are back on there as im trying to get rid of it, although it seems like a bad time to sell being a southern hemisphere winter.

seppkuss

by seppkuss

fix5.jpg

My custom painted cannondale fixie. Nothing too special just built up with some parts from the garage.
Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

astardotcom

by astardotcom

Here is my Specialized Langster Steel.

Used for commuting and sometimes for training.

Not weight weenie at all at 20.2 pounds but I think it looks great :)

bJay

by bJay

Track

Commuter

later
B dizzl.e
a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in lycra

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

BmanX

by BmanX

My old Langster build. Sort of miss her but damn was she light. 13.00 LBS bang on the button.

BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

hari4270

by hari4270

1954 Bates Volante.Now has a front brake.
Attachments
Bikes are like beers there's no such thing as a bad one but some are better than others.

Hi|ikus

by Hi|ikus

Traitor Ringleader in the raw colourway. Not superlight, but not heavy either.

Shut up legs and do what I tell you!

notTOOlight

by notTOOlight

I finally got some decent pictures of my fixed bike, although this setup is more for riding at work than the light race setup. I'll try to get some Pics with the Zipps, speedplays and the new outboard bearing track cranks. total weight in these pics is like 16 or so, "racey" weight is somewhere around 13 or 14.
This frame is unbelievably stiff and has an incredibly over sized bi-ovalized downtube.
Frame: Custom merlin track frame with engravings. Fork: Custom wound up, no decals, 35mm of offset.
thanks.

Timo

by Timo

old codger wrote:Hello, here's mine 20yr old frame new respray and new equipment,now my training bike.
forgot to add, its not very WW though.

Are Pista rims strong enough to be used with brakes?
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

I've build this with the frame from the geared racing bike I owned 15 years ago. In 1999 I passed it on to a room mate when I bought a new bike. Much to my surprise I ran into him a few months ago and found that he still owned the bike. Nostalgia got the better of me and he actually gave me the bike back for free. I stripped it of all the old Shimano 8sp stuff and got some old (80s/90s I hope the experts in this forum can tell me?) Campagnolo Record Pista stuff - crankset, bottom bracket headset, seat post, chain - several wheelsets (some FG, some SS) and old 80s Campa Record front brake and dug up my 20 years old Rolls saddle. Pedals are Shimano and have to be changed to Campa in the near future, wheels are Record hubs with Sapim spokes and Mavic GP4 tubular rims. Stem and handlebar are Cinelli A1 and Criterium. Still looking for a small brake lever for the front brake and a Cinelli A2 Pista stem but that will be solved soon.

Presto is a bike shop in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. They used to have a line of Columbus tubed steel frames. They were build in the factory of Andrea Pesenti in Italy, painted in Belgium and build up in Amsterdam. Not weightweenie at all, I know.

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.