Show us your Dales

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Spinnekop

by Spinnekop

His and hers.
Attachments
2020-01-04 06.11.41-1.jpg
"In my experience, there is only one motivation, and that is DESIRE.
No reason or principle contain it or stand against it........"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

calv1n wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:53 pm
Jackofallgrades wrote:Richmond Park at golden hour yesterday...

Completely stock for now, 7.998kg (yes that 0.002kg matters :wink: )
Looks great, how do you like it? Currently got a SS 2nd gen and pondering an upgrade Image
I like it a lot, I had a 2nd gen SS as well so had nearly a back to back comparison. With better spec in general, this SS definitely 'feels' faster at speed on the flats, very subjective but comparing loops I think it's true. However, geometry wise it doesn't feel as intuitive to me as my 2nd gen when I point it upwards and get out the saddle. That may be partly down to some changes in fit though as well, so don't read too much into that. Not sure it's worth the outlay unless you're looking for something slightly different (disc brakes, more aero, more modern look...) as opposed to viewing it as a like for like upgrade, which it isn't so much.
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

calv1n

by calv1n

Jackofallgrades wrote:
calv1n wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:53 pm
Jackofallgrades wrote:Richmond Park at golden hour yesterday...

Completely stock for now, 7.998kg (yes that 0.002kg matters :wink: )
Looks great, how do you like it? Currently got a SS 2nd gen and pondering an upgrade Image
I like it a lot, I had a 2nd gen SS as well so had nearly a back to back comparison. With better spec in general, this SS definitely 'feels' faster at speed on the flats, very subjective but comparing loops I think it's true. However, geometry wise it doesn't feel as intuitive to me as my 2nd gen when I point it upwards and get out the saddle. That may be partly down to some changes in fit though as well, so don't read too much into that. Not sure it's worth the outlay unless you're looking for something slightly different (disc brakes, more aero, more modern look...) as opposed to viewing it as a like for like upgrade, which it isn't so much.
Nice one, cheers for your thoughts Jack. In fact I am looking for something more aero, as I race a bit and am wondering how much difference it will make. Also waiting to see the new Aeroad and maybe trying a Venge. Disc brakes too are hopefully a plus (though I don’t like the noise they seemingly all make in the wet).

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

calv1n wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm

Nice one, cheers for your thoughts Jack. In fact I am looking for something more aero, as I race a bit and am wondering how much difference it will make. Also waiting to see the new Aeroad and maybe trying a Venge. Disc brakes too are hopefully a plus (though I don’t like the noise they seemingly all make in the wet).
[/quote]

The Aeroad was one I had my eye on, but a deal made the Dale a much better idea in the end. For ref when I talk about it feeling faster, anything over 30kph already I could feel something. As for the brakes in the wet, I've only had some contamination at the rear cause squealing, otherwise they're quiet even in the wet. But it is hard keeping them clean riding out in the winter...
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

calv1n

by calv1n

Jackofallgrades wrote:
calv1n wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:41 pm

The Aeroad was one I had my eye on, but a deal made the Dale a much better idea in the end. For ref when I talk about it feeling faster, anything over 30kph already I could feel something. As for the brakes in the wet, I've only had some contamination at the rear cause squealing, otherwise they're quiet even in the wet. But it is hard keeping them clean riding out in the winter...[/quote]
That’s very useful info Jack, thanks very much. Great that you can feel a difference over 30kph; which is convincing me I need to go aero. Also, nice to hear that brakes only squeal with contamination - I’ll look into how to clean / maintain them Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theStig

by theStig

Here is my supersix himod
IMG_20200118_172459_278.jpg
IMG_20200118_122916.jpg

10Caad

by 10Caad

My old CAAD10. Nothing too fancy, but it has served me well the last few years. Upgrades include: 3T ARX II Team Stealth, Thomson Masterpiece, S-works Power saddle and Hambini bottom bracket. Groupset is Ultegra 6800, but I upgrade the cranks and RD to Ultegra 8000. Currently in the process of selling this as I recently got a great deal on a 2019 Supersix Evo. The plan is to slowly build up a budget friendly weightweenie build.
Attachments
IMG_0351 (1).jpg

nooski

by nooski

Almost finished. Right now 6,995 Kg as pictured.

Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

Verbal

by Verbal

My nearly Vintage Dale :arrow:
Not really weight wennies but still a really nice bike to ride.
Was my birthday present for my eighteen
Caad5
Dura ace 7700 9 speeds (crankset not matching because now I can't ride with a 39/53..)
Original wheelset was Ambrosio Crono F20 with Da hubs (keep it for bad weather)
Spinergy Rev-X superstiff finally found from a friend twenty years after...

Up coming : elite cuisi gel and maybe a selle italia flite.
Attachments
58375630-200E-468B-B9C5-45191F37210A.jpeg

nooski

by nooski

Finished

Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

aqualelaki

by aqualelaki

nooski wrote:Finished

Looking really good. May I know what model is that? Did you change the fork?

C36

by C36

Upgraded R4000Si when was Junior / Espoir
Used as bike in summer house, few pieces waiting next summer for installation: dura ace crankset, woodman 110g seatpost, carbon seatclamp...

With the Spinergy configuration I am yet to test a better crit configuration, I don’t think any actual wheel reach its stiffness value (>80N/mm when actual stiffest wheels barely reach 60N/mm and many lay in mid 30s...)

——————
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I seem to have forgotten to reply here

Here are my last two

Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

Verbal

by Verbal

C36 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:44 pm
Used as bike in summer house, few pieces waiting next summer for installation: dura ace crankset, woodman 110g seatpost, carbon seatclamp...

With the Spinergy configuration I am yet to test a better crit configuration, I don’t think any actual wheel reach its stiffness value (>80N/mm when actual stiffest wheels barely reach 60N/mm and many lay in mid 30s...)

——————
I had the same setup in my summer house and it's also my junior bike :beerchug:
Need to be in shape to climb fast but it's stunning on flat roads.

C36

by C36

Verbal wrote:
C36 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:44 pm

——————
I had the same setup in my summer house and it's also my junior bike :beerchug:
Need to be in shape to climb fast but it's stunning on flat roads.
Image indeed, for climbing I have Campa Hyperion or Neutron... that help :) I have it around 7.2kg in tubulars.
But on fast circuits, I really love it. This summer should have the SSevo2HM at the same place to compare!

——————

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com