Show us your Dales

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I might as well contribute... :thumbup:

My main road bike, Evo Hi-Mod eTAP 2017 with Enve 3.4 wheels, SISL2 with Stages PM crankset, ee brakes. 6.3kg as pictured.

My gravel bike, Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Di2 2014, normally shod with tougher Panaracer GravelKing 700x32 tires and the crank is temporary, the bike was re-built in a hurry ahead of a trip and the SRAM Red was the only uninstalled BB30 crankset I had laying around at the time, I need to put a Hollowgram back on and I could do with a longer and lower, steeper angled stem to mirror my Evo's position but it's close enough, fine for gravel riding. It's around 7.7kg I think.

My CX bike turned commuter/bad weather bike is an old CAAD9 Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com team issue cross bike. I actually got it from Tim Johnson, it was in the pits at the CX Worlds in Treviso 2008, the sharpied #2 has since faded away. He gave it to me fully built with Generation 0.9 SRAM Red, Ksyrium SL's, FSA finishing kit and a few years worth of Michelin Mud clinchers but pretty much everything except the frame and fork are not original now...

I also have an old Scalpel and Prophet mountain bikes... but they're permanently loaned to a friend and a nephew as I don't ride mountain bikes much these days.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

markb2392

by markb2392

Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:32 pm
I might as well contribute... :thumbup:

My main road bike, Evo Hi-Mod eTAP 2017 with Enve 3.4 wheels, SISL2 with Stages PM crankset, ee brakes. 6.3kg as pictured.

My gravel bike, Synapse Hi-Mod Disc Di2 2014, normally shod with tougher Panaracer GravelKing 700x32 tires and the crank is temporary, the bike was re-built in a hurry ahead of a trip and the SRAM Red was the only uninstalled BB30 crankset I had laying around at the time, I need to put a Hollowgram back on and I could do with a longer and lower, steeper angled stem to mirror my Evo's position but it's close enough, fine for gravel riding. It's around 7.7kg I think.

My CX bike turned commuter/bad weather bike is an old CAAD9 Cannondale-Cyclocrossworld.com team issue cross bike. I actually got it from Tim Johnson, it was in the pits at the CX Worlds in Treviso 2008, the sharpied #2 has since faded away. He gave it to me fully built with Generation 0.9 SRAM Red, Ksyrium SL's, FSA finishing kit and a few years worth of Michelin Mud clinchers but pretty much everything except the frame and fork are not original now...

I also have an old Scalpel and Prophet mountain bikes... but they're permanently loaned to a friend and a nephew as I don't ride mountain bikes much these days.
Hi mate, random one. I really like the pics behind your supersix at the top of the page!! any chance of sharing the artist/where to get the prints?

cheers

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

markb2392 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 12:52 pm
Hi mate, random one. I really like the pics behind your supersix at the top of the page!! any chance of sharing the artist/where to get the prints?

cheers
You can buy these and other nice stuff from The Handmade Cyclist.

markb2392

by markb2392

excellent, thanks!

gangbang

by gangbang

Must look way better with Spiderings or some classic style rings, but still cool with K-Force.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Work in Progress....

5kg on the nose as it is here...

Just awaiting the power meter to land then will finish cabling etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Jesus wept, stem length?!

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

What bars?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Wookski

by Wookski

Nefarious86 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:43 am
What bars?

ImageImage

Zero100, the greatest bar shape ever created

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Zero 100 SHALLOW, to be specific. Very different than the Zero 100, which is actually shorter reach with less drop than the SHALLOW version, and has an RHM bend without the nice long flat section on the drops. And the hoods end up more level with tops of the bars. But the SHALLOW is hands down my favorite bar and is as classic as classic gets. 3 distinct positional heights (top, hoods, and drops). And the flat section in the drops, an elusive thing these days with the current crop of bars, most all of which are also much “shallower” than these. As with many things Italian, the description of “SHALLOW” is not very relevant, except in terms of their old “DEEP” (or “Belgium”) version of the same bars which had a drop of over 140mm (145 I think) and reach of ~95mm.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Very tempted to try a pair....
How much drop is there from the tops to the hoods with them?

Using Tapatalk

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nefarious86 wrote:Very tempted to try a pair....
How much drop is there from the tops to the hoods with them?
Kind of depends on the angle you have the drops at, with the most drop (from tops to hoods) achieved when the drops are parallel to the ground. I don’t run the drops parallel to the ground however, as it cocks the wrist forward. A much more natural position is a tilt so that the drops, if extended, point downwards to the rear. Aesthetically, if you match that angle with the angle of your stem (let’s assume a range of -6 to -10 stem angles) that really works well for me and looks the best too. I briefly tried a -17 stem, and matched the bars as I just said (following the angle of the stem) but then you’re in a parallel to the ground position, and while that may have looked ok in catalogues from the 80’s and beyond with quill stems virtually all at -17 (~parallel to ground) I think you’d find a lot of riders still prefer a slight tilt to the flat drops, even back then.
So, to finally answer your question, with the drops set to match the angle of my preferred -8 Deda stems, the drop from the tops to the hoods is just shy of 2cm (between 1.5-2.0mm) depending on the exact angle you set them at.

But @Nefarious... I’ve seen some of your bar setups where you have the lever hoods set with an extreme inward slant, and I don’t think you’d be able to accomplish that with these bars if that’s what you’re thinking.
Anyway, the bars themselves, being alloy, are fairly inexpensive relative to most of today’s carbon bars but they are nice and stiff with really nice ergonomics. Almost identical side profiles to the 3t Rotundo but with an important difference (at least for me). The curve from the tops out to the hoods starts sooner on the Dedas and it makes a noticeable difference if you’re say sprinting and have a tendency to bang your wrists against the bars in that area. Think wide squarish aero bars like on the Madone. That edge can really be obnoxious, even when you’re just cruising along in the drops, let alone sprinting.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

For $100 it's worth a punt :)

Using Tapatalk

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Closer to being completed.

Still have to do;
Bar Tape
Set up rear brake (missing a washer for the brake shoes)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KB

by KB

dale hi-mod 56. weight 6.06kg. etap; hylix seatpost; enve stem; old dale sisl. the wheels are tune hubs, cx rays, enve rims with arenburg tubs. brakes are far&near. With my Mavic's it will come in at 6.4kg. the cassettes a mixture of 2 shimano's to give me gears of 14-32.

I put my extralite stem on it and it came in just under 6kg, but switched stems and put the extralite on my colnago extreme c. the enve's a boat anchor compared to the extralite, but it looks better on this bike.

No ride report as I only picked up today. Colour is odd. Indoors it looks red. In the sushine it looks orange (which i prefer). bought the frame off the bay.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com