Parlez vous Parlee

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

AshesDust

by AshesDust

Here's the build list. I weighed it last night with my rubbish luggage scale and it was right at 15 lbs. (6.8kg).

Frame/fork: 2012 Parlee Z5 - Small
Shifters: DA 7900
Brakes: DA 7900
Rear derailleur: DA 7900
Front derailleur: DA 7900
Stem: Ritchey WCS C260 BB - 100mm
Bars: Ritchey WCS EvoCurve - 40cm
Bartape: Fizik Microtex
Cranks: DA 7900
Bottom bracket: DA 7900
Rings: DA 7900 - 50 / 34T
Pedals: Speedplay Zero Ti
Cassette: DA 7900 12-27T
Seatpost: Ritchey WCS Alloy - Zero setback
Saddle: Fizik Airone CX
Bottle cages: Profile Design carbon
Chain: DA 7900
Shifter cables: DA
Brake cables: DA
Wheels: DTSwiss 240s x Kinlin 270's with DTSwiss RWS Ti skewers.
Tires: Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX II - 23mm
Tubes: Vittoria latex
Last edited by AshesDust on Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tnc615

by tnc615

So a newby question. What is the appropriate wheel size to have on a Z4? I had some 88MM wheels and was told they belong on a Cervelo not a Parlee. I am in the market for either 38MM or 58MM wheels? Thoughts?

KWalker

by KWalker

Unless all you care about its looks, ride what wheels are most suitable for you.

FWIW the only tubular/aero wheels I run are Zipp 808 FC's and I run them on a CAAD10 in literally EVERY race I do. Doesn't matter if there are big climbs, its pan flat, or its windy. I'm about 160lbs and a taller rider so I can easily handle any wind gusts with the wheels, they're more than light enough for all but 1 or 2 races I do each year (and even then guys that are making the selection are climbing at .5 w/kg higher than I can so weight won't help much), and they're fast as all hell in flat races. Ride what works not what someone thinks looks the most appropriate.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

khdroberts

by khdroberts

I couldn't agree more. If it works for you and makes it more likely that you'll ride, makes you feel faster and gives you the 'edge' you need, ride what you like.

jsinclair

by jsinclair

he is talking about you khdroberts

khdroberts

by khdroberts

Funny, I thought he was responding to tnc615 who asked sPecifically what wheels people recommended for Parlees.

Then again, people always seem to be having a crack at me, so it wouldn't surprise me. Nor would it faze me. If he was talking about me, then it was pretty oblique and more than a little snide. But, people are welcome to their own opinions, sometimes opinions coincide, sometimes they don't. My care factor on this is exceptionally low. I'm interested in bikes and gaining experience, that's why I joined this forum.

LEC135

by LEC135

" My care factor on this is exceptionally low."

Very well said

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

khdroberts wrote:I'm interested in bikes and gaining experience, that's why I joined this forum.

:thumbup:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

KWalker

by KWalker

was responding to the poster right above me that asked about what size wheels go on Parlees
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

jsinclair

by jsinclair

Top of page 11 in this thread, tnc615 posted a photo of his bike and several people, including khdroberts, told him it looked crap.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

+1

His opinions may be his own but When your opinions are very pointy and other peoples have have no consideration then your gona attract unhealthy responses to these said opinions

Also qestioning some one else's sense of taste while painting a $20000+ custom bike purple :unbelievable: Yea :thumbup: dude.

For the record I'd drop the coin on a z1 over a Baum any day of the week but.. Publicly writing baums off they way Khdroberts has been is pretty puerile

IMO :mrgreen:

khdroberts

by khdroberts

jsinclair - don't misquote. If you know the page the comment was on, then you also know the contents of the comment. I didn't say it looked crap, I said the wheels would look better on a TT bike. And they would.

Sugarkane: Well, forgive me for standing behind my opinions. There would appear to be little point in holding an opinion if one is not willing to stand behind it and defend it.

As for my opinion on Baum, it's not the only maker I have a negative opinion about - if you've read the my comments you would know that. How can having a well considered and expressed negative opinion about something ever be considered puerile? Explain that to me please.

As for my tearing down Baum, I've actually said that Baum are responsive to issues, that I can't imagine Darren Baum allowing these types of issues to go unaddressed etc. how is that tearing them down? Here's the simple form: several frame sets that I know of have had issues that put ME off buying one. Does that say 'all Baums are rubbish'? Of course it doesn't, and they aren't. To suggest that this is what I'm saying could actually be considered... Well, puerile really.

As for painting a $20,000+ bike candy purple, I'd rather stand out for having my own style than be considered beige. But hey, it's okay to be beige if that's what you're in to. It's just not me.

If Parlee offered hot pink I probably would have picked that. I'm really not afraid of colour.

jsinclair

by jsinclair

pfft whatever. the guy showed his ride and you said they were the wrong wheels. he asks what wheels he should have and you say whatever he likes.

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Hehe ^

opinions auctally arn't that special cuz.. Every body has them and doesn't mean you Gota voice them all the time :roll:

Pink I could live with, infact jslincair's z3 has pink Tinted decals quite nice really :wink:

khdroberts

by khdroberts

I'm not sure if you're aware, but this is a forum - its expressly for the asking of questions and the giving of opinions.

Cuz.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com