The Wilier club

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

kapalek

by kapalek

i have question about wilier cento uno 2008 edition,
i found frame cento uno in very good price, it has a carbon patch between top tube and seatpost, i notioced that those frames have characteristic patch in this place, but they are little dfifferent. Can you tel me is this patch was made in factory or frame was repaired?
Attachments
DSCN3644.JPG

ItxinakoAtxak

by ItxinakoAtxak

Fluoro7 wrote:
ItxinakoAtxak wrote:Its a nice looking frame now but this kind of curvy parts like the seat stays make me think if it wont look outdated in a short period of time.

The Cento Uno is hardly a new frame these days, it went out of production in 2012 I think? But it still looks awesome IMO. I can't speak to the ride quality of it but looks wise I don't think you could go wrong. I had a very hard time deciding between it and the Zero 7, with only an unexpected good deal showing up on the 7 sealing the deal.

I say go for it! :twisted:

Yeah ! I did.
It was supposed to be built with a Rotor 3D24 crankset I got laying around but seems it was not compatible so i needed a cheap option. An updgrade to dura ace 9000 crankset would be my ideal choice. Lets see what future brings. Here it is built with spares:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doyler

by Doyler

That frame gives me the horn.

kgt

by kgt

kapalek wrote:i have question about wilier cento uno 2008 edition,
i found frame cento uno in very good price, it has a carbon patch between top tube and seatpost, i notioced that those frames have characteristic patch in this place, but they are little dfifferent. Can you tel me is this patch was made in factory or frame was repaired?

Welcome!
Early cento1 frames had some finish issues but this one looks strange. The weave is very different at this area, looks more like a patch added later.

Fluoro7

by Fluoro7

ItxinakoAtxak wrote:Image

Wow not just an SL but an SLR? That is one rare beast. Tell us what you think of the ride once you get to spend some time with it.... looks superb! :thumbup:
Wilier Zero7 (1st gen) Fluoro
RIP Cervelo R3 2012 White on Black

ItxinakoAtxak

by ItxinakoAtxak

Doyler wrote:That frame gives me the horn.

Yeah, its my favorite Wilier frame so far.

Fluoro7 wrote:Wow not just an SL but an SLR? That is one rare beast. Tell us what you think of the ride once you get to spend some time with it.... looks superb! :thumbup:

Thank you ;) Its pretty damn fast, lovely machine.

chazmtb

by chazmtb

This baby has been with me for 4 years. Second owner. It's been relegated to the back of the pack but gets an occasional use. Contemplated selling many times but could never do it. To me it's the sexiest frame ever made. The Carbon logo skin is amazing.

Fluoro7

by Fluoro7

chazmtb wrote:To me it's the sexiest frame ever made. The Carbon logo skin is amazing.

+1 :thumbup:
Wilier Zero7 (1st gen) Fluoro
RIP Cervelo R3 2012 White on Black

travs

by travs

Here are my two:

Winter/Wet bike is 2012 Izoard XP Ultegra. FSA cranks and brakes, Ritchey bars, Ultegra 10s groupset. Decided to upgrade and keep everything matching so bought an FSA SL-K carbon seatpost, a shorter FSA Wilier-branded stem (I think it probably came off a GTR). I originally bought Pro-Lite Bortola 21s as a light climbing wheel but currently rolling around on Campag Bullet 50mm (can't be bothered with different brakes etc. etc.). Continental Hardshells to avoid punctures (but they roll fairly well). Some odd Selle San Marco Aspide saddle but its not right so will swap that out at some point. Not sure on weight but guessing its about 9kg

Summer/Dry bike is 2012 101 SL Lampre/Petacchi colour-scheme. I bought the frame only in a warehouse sale so decided to build it all up myself and stick to the decals on the seatstays. Ritchey Superlogic Bars and Stem, Ritchey WCS stubby (seems a carbon version is rare as hen's teeth), Selle San Marco Concor Team FX Carbon seat, Campag Chorus groupset, Elite bottle cages, Ritchey bartape, Campag Bullet Ultra 50mm Wheels (same brake point) Vittoria Rubino Pro-Control tyres (again, can't be bothered with punctures), but ironically after moving back to Winter bike I find the Continentals roll better (although not as grippy) so will change those to Corsas or Rubino Pro-Speed perhaps; still to be decided. Weight was 7.6kg without bottle cages, call it 7.7kg.
Attachments
Winter
Winter
Summer
Summer

FredBloggs

by FredBloggs

Hi,

I have a 2014 Wilier Cento uno SR and am looking for a inline seatmast topper, as opposed to the stock Ritchey setback. Was hoping that maybe somebody knows of a viable option?

Would this fit from a Scott Plasma 2?

https://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/plasm ... mp-p201233

Thanks.

MikeJA

by MikeJA

Just finished building this up. Still need to cut the steerer.

CLEAR

by CLEAR

Nice.... (once the steerer cut :)

CLEAR

by CLEAR

chazmtb wrote:This baby has been with me for 4 years. Second owner. It's been relegated to the back of the pack but gets an occasional use. Contemplated selling many times but could never do it. To me it's the sexiest frame ever made. The Carbon logo skin is amazing.

What size is it? Medium/Large? What's your inseam or saddle.top - bb length?

Yeah I agree. They don't make them like they used to. Still keeping my SL 5 years since new. Only added a red Cento1 SL and currently the frame hanging in bedroom lol.

But recently, last year, added another superleggera... after many changes, itso back to shiny components as pictured.

Image*excuse the camera phone.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chazmtb

by chazmtb

Unfortunately I sold this baby to a friend, for another wilier. Still waiting for all the parts and a proper weighing of parts before I present it. The sl is size medium center bb to saddle was 71cm.