All Specialized Tarmacs

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

9tarmac

by 9tarmac

My third Tarmac. Loving the feel and look of this bike. Would have liked to have a wider choice of colours but the black has really grown on me. It's a whole lot easier to keep clean than my white tarmac. Nearly a month old...

2019 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL6 Frameset - Monocoat Black/Black Reflective (56cm)
Shimano Dura Ace 9100 Mechanical Groupset (52-36 chainset / 11-30 cassette)
Roval CLX50 Carbon Clincher Wheelset
Specialized S-Works Romin Saddle (size 143)
Specialized S Works Aerofly Handlebars (42cm)
Shimano Dura Ace 9100 SPD SL Pedals
Specialized S-Works SL Stem (90mm)
Specialized S-Works Carbon Rib Cages
Lifeline Titanium Quick Release Skewer Set
Pirelli P Zero Velo 700C 25mm Tyres
K-Edge Pro Braze-On Road Chain Catcher
K Edge XL Garmin Combo Mount
S-Wrap Roubaix Bar Tape
Continental Inner tubes (60mm stems)

6.67 kg / 14.93 lbs
Attachments
IMG_3167.jpg
Last edited by 9tarmac on Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

Your RD housing is 2x longer than it should be and theres no barrel adjuster needed for the FD. Nice whip otherwise.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fporter

by fporter

Hello, I've got a 56cm SL3 and am considering an upgrade to the SL6. But I'm concerned about the stack height. Spesh geo charts say the SL3 and SL6 have the same stack height at 565mm. But i'm skeptical because the SL6 has both a shorter fork (thanks to direct mount brakes) and a shorter head tube than the SL3.

Would anyone with a 56cm SL6 be willing to measure the plumb (vertical) height of the head tube directly above the ground (just to the top of the HT, not including the headset top cap) and let me know what that height is? And also the plumb height of the center of the BB above the ground? Then i could figure the stack height and compare the actual height of the HT to my bike.

thanks!

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

fporter wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:21 am
Hello, I've got a 56cm SL3 and am considering an upgrade to the SL6. But I'm concerned about the stack height. Spesh geo charts say the SL3 and SL6 have the same stack height at 565mm. But i'm skeptical because the SL6 has both a shorter fork (thanks to direct mount brakes) and a shorter head tube than the SL3.

Would anyone with a 56cm SL6 be willing to measure the plumb (vertical) height of the head tube directly above the ground (just to the top of the HT, not including the headset top cap) and let me know what that height is? And also the plumb height of the center of the BB above the ground? Then i could figure the stack height and compare the actual height of the HT to my bike.

thanks!
Stack height has nothing to do with the fork height and the relation to the ground... Stack height is measured off the bottom bracket. I haven't compared the geometries of the two bikes you're asking about, but perhaps the BB height differs and that's why they have different fork height but the same stack height.

fporter

by fporter

You are so right, that's why I also asked for the bb height measurement. (HT height above ground) - (BB height above ground) = stack.

Do you have a 56cm SL6 you could measure?

The geo charts of the two bikes says the SL6 BB is 3mm lower than the SL3. This is not enought to make up for the combined shorter fork & shorter HT, hence my skepticism and request for the actual measurements.

fporter

by fporter

Hello,
Luckily today I had the chance to measure a 56cm SL6.
BB height above ground 268mm,
Top of HT above ground 835mm,
Stack: 835 - 268 = 567mm (very close to specified 565 stack from geo chart)
The HT and fork are 163mm and 363mm respectively.

The measurements from my 56cm SL3 are:
BB height above ground 271mm (3mm higher as spec'd in Spesh geo chart),
Top of HT above ground 843mm,
Stack: 843 - 271 = 572mm (definetly higher, not the same as specified by Spesh)
The HT and fork are 170mm and 374mm respectively.

Appologies for sidetracking a bit.

Here's my 7yr old SL3 that i recently upgraded w/ Red 22 & CLX32 wheels setup tubeless w/ ProONE tires. The wheel tire upgrade was a huge improvement in every way :thumbup: Inspiring more confidence while railing the DH!
It weighs 14.37lbs (6.52kg) as it sits with bottle cages, speedplay zero pedals, a computer mount & Garmin speed/cadence sensor.

To make up for the lower stack I can run a zero degree rise stem instead of the -6 on my SL3. The stack height would probably be near perfect on a 58 SL6 but then I'd have to go down to a 100mm stem from 110mm on the SL3. I used to ride 58cm frame back when I was almost 6'2" tall, but now I'm right at 6', my torso having shrunk almost 2 inches. Age and alpine skiing compressing my discs :cry: Seat height hasn't changed in over 20 years tho.
Attachments
My speed machine!
My speed machine!
Clearance for 25mm ProONE that becomes 29.5mm on the CLX rim.
Clearance for 25mm ProONE that becomes 29.5mm on the CLX rim.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I broke out the good camera for some pics of the new Tarmac.... really loving this bike. It just does EVERYTHING so well.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:29 am
I broke out the good camera for some pics of the new Tarmac.... really loving this bike. It just does EVERYTHING so well.

Nice! Looks like a 135mm F/2?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

CrankAddictsRich wrote:85mm f/1.2L
Are they up to v3 yet.. been not keeping up with that gear. Love v2 and v1 for that matter ... but @ 1.2 your subjects have to be frozen ... focus speed is not that hunk of glasses strong suit.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:51 pm
Are they up to v3 yet.. been not keeping up with that gear. Love v2 and v1 for that matter ... but @ 1.2 your subjects have to be frozen ... focus speed is not that hunk of glasses strong suit.
No still V2 with the same chromatic aberration wide open :x I just ordered the gigantic Sigma 105 1.4 and look forward to using it right away.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Noctiluxx wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:20 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:51 pm
No still V2 with the same chromatic aberration wide open :x I just ordered the gigantic Sigma 105 1.4 and look forward to using it right away.
you dont like purple ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

diogovelosa

by diogovelosa

Hello guys, I have this tarmac 2016 sport... Shimano 105 except crankset, an old FSA gossamer 50/34 .. I have this fabric wheels Axis 2.0 and a mavic ksyrium elite, who is same weight more or less. The bike weight is 8.4kg and I will start to upgrade now..

By the way, does anyone know where can I find mechanical Sram Red 2x10 to buy??

Jugi

by Jugi

diogovelosa wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 pm
A complete groupset may be hard to come by, but the parts can be sourced individually from large retailers. By the way, why 2x10? If you want new components, there aren’t any real bargains to be had by hunting for 10spd. SRAM Red 22 is a current groupset and if I recall correctly, it isn’t heavier than the old 2x10.

diogovelosa

by diogovelosa

Jugi wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:13 pm
diogovelosa wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 pm
A complete groupset may be hard to come by, but the parts can be sourced individually from large retailers. By the way, why 2x10? If you want new components, there aren’t any real bargains to be had by hunting for 10spd. SRAM Red 22 is a current groupset and if I recall correctly, it isn’t heavier than the old 2x10.
too much budget for me now.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com