All Specialized Tarmacs

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

CrimsonKarter21

by CrimsonKarter21

Here's my 2016 S-Works Tarmac. I got it in September of '16 and it was the last one from Specialized in this color scheme. I've got some Specialized Roubaix 25/28mm tires stuffed in there and handbuilt White Industries T11 + H Plus Son Archetype rims. The crank is still Ultegra because it's got a power meter on it and I haven't had the drive to replace it with a Dura Ace.
After a bit of searching I found some NOS Dura Ace 7810 pedals to put on there, having clipped my pedals a few times in local crits they give a bit more confident feel.
Despite how awesome this bike is I'll probably be selling it this summer and upgrading to something new!

raggi

by raggi

CrimsonKarter21 wrote:Here's my 2016 S-Works Tarmac. I got it in September of '16 and it was the last one from Specialized in this color scheme. I've got some Specialized Roubaix 25/28mm tires stuffed in there and handbuilt White Industries T11 + H Plus Son Archetype rims. The crank is still Ultegra because it's got a power meter on it and I haven't had the drive to replace it with a Dura Ace.
After a bit of searching I found some NOS Dura Ace 7810 pedals to put on there, having clipped my pedals a few times in local crits they give a bit more confident feel.
Despite how awesome this bike is I'll probably be selling it this summer and upgrading to something new!

Nice bike! What power meter are you using for the Ultegra crankset?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrimsonKarter21

by CrimsonKarter21

Thanks! I'm running a Stages.

franbolos

by franbolos

tarmac pro dura ace 2017
Attachments
image1-5.JPG

lovemyway

by lovemyway

Nice bike, congrats! I just realized they upgraded the Tarmac lineup with the Dura-Ace models. Especially this one reminds me of the SuperSix Evo frame posted few days ago.

franbolos

by franbolos

lovemyway wrote:Nice bike, congrats! I just realized they upgraded the Tarmac lineup with the Dura-Ace models. Especially this one reminds me of the SuperSix Evo frame posted few days ago.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Tarmac updates ******http://imgur.com/a/XX4w1***** 6.77kg

[url]Image[/url]
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Euch

by Euch

My custom painted Tarmac, thermo paint, turns yellow at 22 degrees C...

Haven't ridden it yet, hopefully this weekend...

PittHammer412

by PittHammer412

here is mine!

DaReef

by DaReef

Euch wrote:My custom painted Tarmac, thermo paint, turns yellow at 22 degrees C...

Must see pics mid and full color change! I think I see a hint of yellow in a few pics. Is it similar to the Torch paint scheme?

Euch

by Euch

DaReef wrote:
Euch wrote:My custom painted Tarmac, thermo paint, turns yellow at 22 degrees C...

Must see pics mid and full color change! I think I see a hint of yellow in a few pics. Is it similar to the Torch paint scheme?

Like this you mean?

Can't show full yellow, too cold in Belgium for now [emoji6] Paint is the same as the normal torch, I got a replica (misunderstood that that doesn't change colour) and had it repainted in the torch paint but with a unique design based on Sylvain Chavanel's tarmac.

DaReef

by DaReef

It turned out great. I've got a Torch and the color changing makes riding just a little more fun.

liam7020

by liam7020

Very nice indeed! Who did the respray for you? And where did you get the little grommets to plug the down tube cable ports? Ta.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Euch

by Euch

liam7020 wrote:Very nice indeed! Who did the respray for you? And where did you get the little grommets to plug the down tube cable ports? Ta.

I'm in Belgium and M-level did the re-paint, the grommets came from the Specialized store where I bought the frame (Shifting gears is the name).

It is cool indeed when it's in the transition zone, however today was my first ride but it's a little too cold right now... I especially like the design on the top tube my brother made for me and the contrast between the black of the wheels and all the rest and the orange/yellow of the frame. I have a black Trek Domane too that I also love so whats really nice is the contrast between the 2 frames.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Euch wrote:I'm in Belgium and M-level did the re-paint, the grommets came from the Specialized store where I bought the frame (Shifting gears is the name).

It is cool indeed when it's in the transition zone, however today was my first ride but it's a little too cold right now... I especially like the design on the top tube my brother made for me and the contrast between the black of the wheels and all the rest and the orange/yellow of the frame. I have a black Trek Domane too that I also love so whats really nice is the contrast between the 2 frames.

Yep M-Level, David Meirhaeghe. I contacted him once about having a Colnago re-sprayed but in the end I didn't go ahead. Your frame is really beautiful. I take it M-Level stripped it back to the bare carbon before re-spraying?
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen