All Specialized Tarmacs

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

rOYk

by rOYk

And this is my brand new 2014 Tarmac SL4. I love this new bike
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4py59x731qx9s8y/22.jpg

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Upgrading from a SL2 to the SL4 must be nice.
Having owned 4 Tarmacs (SL, SL2, SL3, SL4) the SL4 is definitely the best riding out of the bunch.
Good looking ride!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I need to change out the brakes, but I had a good first ride after putting it back together.
Thanks to Ube Urban @Ube's Icecream Shop for getting the ride looking great, carbonLORD for helping me out with the Specialized logos, madcow for dealing with my questions about the wheels and my good friend, WW member 3delis

CBJ

by CBJ

looks great!

MacDAD_98391

by MacDAD_98391

Not new to WW but I want to share my latest SW. Sorry about the bad phone pic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ride hard or not at All
S-Works SL4/Campy 11 spd/Rapide SL Carbon Clinchers

alastairb

by alastairb

Anybody know the weight of an 2012 SL3 Expert frame set? Mine's a standard build (Ultegra and FSA SL-K chainset), but with the wheels swapped out for Fulcrum Racing Zeros - haven't had an opportunity to weigh it, but reckon it can't be much over 7.25kg? Cost effective suggestions to get the weight down would be appreciated; I'm thinking S-Works bars (don't know what the stock ones weigh but can't imagine they're great!)

gotgame

by gotgame

subscribe :) really nice tarmacs here. will post a pic whit mine,s when i finish it...
Colnago e1 gazzetta dello sport - sz52s / Pinarello gan RS ulterga di2 - sz52 / Caadx 2019 vulcano green sz54

bobshumway

by bobshumway

Update for 2014, changed from Campy Record 10speed to Dura Ace 9000, crank is a customized Rotor 3D, Lightweight Clincher wheelset. Weight is 6.610kg incl. pedals.

GT8

by GT8

I think you'll really like the DA9000 - I've not ridden the Campy stuff but heard it works and last well but I defiantly feel the shifter grips on the DA are better suited to my hands.

KWalker

by KWalker

tonytourist wrote:Upgrading from a SL2 to the SL4 must be nice.
Having owned 4 Tarmacs (SL, SL2, SL3, SL4) the SL4 is definitely the best riding out of the bunch.
Good looking ride!

I've owned all the same bike and firmly disagree- SL3 in team geo was the best frame. SL4 feels muted and soft and the internal cable routing is just awfully designed. Also, having seen both an SL3 and SL4 cut open the SL4s seem a lot more sloppy inside.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

This is my 2013 Specialized Tarmac Expert w/ Ultegra Di2

WillC9

by WillC9

New SL4, hasn't been ridden yet but she looks beautiful, non?

http://imageshack.com/a/img837/1052/1usx.jpg

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

Just started a thread for my Vino LTD SL4 but thought I'd add it here as well.

6.12kg ready to ride/as seen. I've got a few other SL4's I'll get some pics of soon and post.
Attachments
Vino side.jpg

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

.....then I got to looking. This has been my main bike all fall/winter but for whatever reason I only have this instagram pic of it when I was building it. Anyway, great bike. Has the same ENVE 45 tubbies on it in this pic that the Vino has now. Zipp stem and carbon SL bars with ENVE post (I know, I know.....). It's semi torn down now as a friend is taking it off my hands to make way for my new "spare" bike which is a 2014 SL4 in the Red/Black color way. I'll post that up here in a few weeks.

Oh, Molly (Ringwald.....is what I call her) weighed right at 14lbs if I remember correctly.
Attachments
MR1.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

maissi wrote:My one year old S-Works SL4 got some updates after a crash in race. Luckily nothing was totally broken, just cosmetic damage. Got a good reason to change wheels from chinese carbon tubulars to Enve 65 tubular wheels and handlebar to Enve Compact from 3T Ergonova (did not like the ergonova anyway). Weight is now somewhere 6.9kg. This was one mean machine before, but now it is flying.

Perfection! I'm not a specialized fan, but this gets my Mojo going :beerchug: