Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Given how proud the majority of true cyclists are, (and only people with more than a passing interest in cycling know about these prestige brands anyway) I'm not sure that even 1 in 100 people who actually want a Colnago would even think about buying a knockoff just because its cheaper than the real thing. The real impact to sales for potential customers of genuine frames must be so minimal that its not remotely worth the expense and effort to challenge the fakers.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Mockenrue wrote:One would assume Colnago Srl are aware of these knockoffs? I wonder why they don't do something about it. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that, but surely all this crap floating about doesn't help the brand.

I remember as a teenager in the late 80's us kids being told by the local shop owner that Colnago (or local distributor) regularly threatened to sue anyone seen with Colnago 'copy' decals on their bikes...apparently someone was successfully sued for this but it was word of mouth so not sure if this was true...anyway the scare tactics seemed to work back then. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Wingnut on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@Wingnut: that's pretty funny. I doubt if it it's true. But for the record, I will beat your ass to a pulp if I ever see you on a fake Colnago. Or send my mafia friends to have a chat with you. Lol.
Unless its one of those molded frame C59's, I'm which case I will just laugh and know that you just didn't know any better.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Calnago wrote:@Wingnut: that's pretty funny. I doubt if it it's true. But for the record, I will beat your ass to a pulp if I ever see you on a fake Colnago. Or send my mafia friends to have a chat with you. Lol.
Unless its one of those molded frame C59's, I'm which case I will just laugh and know that you just didn't know any better.

There's no mafia in the Pacific Northwest. :D I'm looking forward to crossing paths with you sometime on a ride and putting faces to names and comparing 'nagos.
Colnago e Campagnolo

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Does anyone know what the head angle and BB drop of Colnagos is - specifically 58cm traditional or 54s?

I'm currently being tempted by a just-about-affordable NOS Extreme-C (and a couple of not-at-all-affordable C59s for that matter!) and I'm trying to work out what the fit would be like for me, but without these measurements I can only guess to within certain parameters based on the seat angle, top tube and head tube.

(sorry to ask on a pic thread btw!)

Wingnut

by Wingnut

Vagabond wrote:
Calnago wrote:@Wingnut: that's pretty funny. I doubt if it it's true. But for the record, I will beat your ass to a pulp if I ever see you on a fake Colnago. Or send my mafia friends to have a chat with you. Lol.

There's no mafia in the Pacific Northwest. :D I'm looking forward to crossing paths with you sometime on a ride and putting faces to names and comparing 'nagos.

Lol...one day!

I was accused of being in the Russian mafia once due to my numerous purchases... :wink:

LionelB

by LionelB

BikeTart wrote:Does anyone know what the head angle and BB drop of Colnagos is - specifically 58cm traditional or 54s?

I'm currently being tempted by a just-about-affordable NOS Extreme-C (and a couple of not-at-all-affordable C59s for that matter!) and I'm trying to work out what the fit would be like for me, but without these measurements I can only guess to within certain parameters based on the seat angle, top tube and head tube.

73.3 HTA and 73mm BB drop

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Thanks Lionel.

kov79

by kov79

my mapei build

majklnajt

by majklnajt

I wonder how it would look with horizontal top tube and other botlle cages.

Why did they change the fonts?
Its like Ferrari would go from a prancing horse into a sunset staring horse...

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Re the Mapei C59... I want to like it, because I've really liked the Mapei's of old, but... just can't seem to get there fully on this one. I've given it some time for the outlined fonts to sink in, but it's still a cheapening look in my mind. And those cages... :noidea:
Still, a very nice bike.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

LionelB wrote:
BikeTart wrote:Does anyone know what the head angle and BB drop of Colnagos is - specifically 58cm traditional or 54s?

Regarding the 73.3 degree head angle on a 58cm frame... Lionel, where did you come up with that? I don't know for sure, but I kind of doubt the head angle gets to greater than 73 before about a size 60 on a Colnago, but I could be wrong. I know on another thread where someone is saying their 61 has a 73.3 head angle, which seems fair (I know it's greater than 73 for sure). It's been a long time since Colnago has published their head tube angles. And difficult to really measure without some pretty accurate frame jigs etc.

BxEddie

by BxEddie

Mapei C59
I don´t know about the bottle cages either.
But don´t worry, this bike is special!
I like it. Great!

LionelB

by LionelB

Calnago wrote:
LionelB wrote:

Regarding the 73.3 degree head angle on a 58cm frame... Lionel, where did you come up with that? I don't know for sure, but I kind of doubt the head angle gets to greater than 73 before about a size 60 on a Colnago, but I could be wrong. I know on another thread where someone is saying their 61 has a 73.3 head angle, which seems fair (I know it's greater than 73 for sure). It's been a long time since Colnago has published their head tube angles. And difficult to really measure without some pretty accurate frame jigs etc.

That's a fair point. I used to have an older catalog with the HT angles. I ride a 61 so I took a note of this one for sure. 58 may be less than 73.3.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shoopdawoop

by shoopdawoop

I think that Mapei is pretty cool, just isn't quite so classic cool like most colnagos on here.

On another note is there anywhere where you can see all currently available c59 paint jobs? I'm ordering one on Friday to replace my cervelo and I'm leaning towards the new art decor blue but wanted to see everything available. Also has anyone noticed the Adar paint looks different in every pic (different levels of white)?