Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

moonoi

by moonoi

chunky666 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 pm
Lovely Morning for some laps of Regents Park in London.

Still not my actual bike as it hasnt turned up yet but not bad for a loaner!
Have you had any update on when your actual bike will arrive? I was told mine went in to paint end of last month, and based on that are quoting early June now for it to arrive...so yet another months delay!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

chunky666

by chunky666

moonoi wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:27 am
chunky666 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 pm
Lovely Morning for some laps of Regents Park in London.

Still not my actual bike as it hasnt turned up yet but not bad for a loaner!
Have you had any update on when your actual bike will arrive? I was told mine went in to paint end of last month, and based on that are quoting early June now for it to arrive...so yet another months delay!
The importers had a shipment sent from italy beginning of last week and aparently when they got the inventry as to whats on that container my frame was on it. They are saying maybe next week. Fingers crossed because I am off to thr Alps on the 26th may and it would be nice to have a bike I actually want. Regardless I have there Demo one until it turns up.

MiddMan

by MiddMan

That’s awesome! I’m only 193 cm with an inseam of 92, so I really appreciate good looking bikes above 60cm (I’d be a 61ish Colnago). Wish they still made trad geo...

We ought to start a thread for big bikes of tall riders if there isn’t one already :D
Ehrmantraut wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:28 pm
MiddMan wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:08 am
Ehrmantraut, beautiful proportions. Is that a size 61?
I’ll never get tired of trad frames!
Thanks a lot!

Ha, it‘s a 64 traditional. I‘m 2,01 meters tall with an 98cm inseam :D

guyc

by guyc

Took mine down to the shop to have the steerer cut down. Still running the higher top-cap but it's slammed otherwise. I doub't I'll go lower now, and it's dropped 10mm since picking it up, along with moving from a 110mm stem to a 120mm one. So longer and lower and more aggressive overall, and the top cap is flush as I prefer.

The keen-eyed will notice it's changed from a 3T stem to an Enve one. Why? Because the QC on the 3T ARX Ltd stems seems ropey AF. The first one blew a steerer retaining nut as I re-tightened it after changing a spacer. Against a max-torque of 5.5NM I was applying just over 4NM and the nut head ripped clean off. I removed the second bolt and that showed a clear fatigue line on that one, in exactly the same place. Both on the steerer. Pretty poor.

Replacement arrived - tried to remove the faceplate for fitting and one of the 4 bolts was clearly cross-threaded and would have needed massive torque just to remove it. Needless to say it went straight back and I was done. To be honest I wasn't overly trusting of them after the first issue anyway and had the Enve as an alternative. No such problems and the steerer bolts thread directly into the stem rather than a retaining nut. It does mean a mis-matched stem/bar but I don't really care and it's stiff as hell. The bike can really be muscled around. I know some people dislike the look of these stems but I love it. It's quite a muscular looking frame IMO and it works well with it. I popped it on my steel bike just to see how it looked and it didn't work on those slim tubes.

Just iphone photos for now as pushed for time but they show what it looks like obviously.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yeah, 3t certainly had some stem bolt issues in the past but I would think that was sorted out now with steel bolts instead of Ti. Also, sometimes they apply so much blue threadlocker on the bolts that it may seem like it’s crossthreaded when in fact it just has to cut it’s way through the hardened threadlocker. I’ve certainly second guessed myself a few times when threading a new stem bolt because of that.
Last edited by Calnago on Wed May 16, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

guyc

by guyc

I couldn't even get this bolt out - let alone re-thread it. Regardless, I'm done with the ARX Ltd's - shame as I liked the look. These still use Ti bolts as well.....

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

3T stuff is just whack now, I wa so disappointed with the kit I bought. Feel bad even selling it to someone

guyc

by guyc

Zakalwe wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:01 pm
3T stuff is just whack now, I wa so disappointed with the kit I bought. Feel bad even selling it to someone
I love the new SuperErgo bar and that's staying but the stem was a real disappointment. I've still got an Apto on my steel bike and that's a solid unit. But yeah, I hear you.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

What I don’t understand about the Apto is why the -17 Is in some sort of Z configuration
Attachments
AF2BF3F1-F509-4512-BE19-3AE8BEC3EBF7.jpeg

guyc

by guyc

That's just bloody odd.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Isn’t it just! I blame the odd decisions on the takeover by that Vroonen bloke, the most overrated man in cycling

MattN

by MattN

My lowly CLX3.0, Chorus, Deda 100 finishing kit and FFWD F6R DT240 wheelset with Corsa G+ tubs.
Attachments
image.jpeg

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Lowly or not, that's a lovely build.

themidge

by themidge

Nice build! I think the frame shape and colour scheme look quite tasteful, it's easy for something of that vintage to feel a bit dated, but this looks very fresh. Care to share the weight?

MattN

by MattN

It's no weight weenie, my old Tarmac SL4 was lighter at 6.85kg but this rides so much nicer.

I weighed it when first built with Archetypes and DT240, 7.28kg, so with the FFWD it should be just over 7.1kg.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com