Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

RobJ

by RobJ

C64 Disc PKRD (52s) with Campy H11 EPS and Colnago R41 cockpit. Going with the Enve's for now, but considered the Bora 50 DB's to drop some weight and keep the Italian build whole. But it is nice running some wider tires tubeless. If I switch there are some 30mm tubulars out there...

2020 BMC TeamMachine SLR 01

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

For the sage of your wrists as well as aesthetics, please sort your lever position out!
https://goo.gl/images/mAoaaS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

ultimobici wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:05 pm
For the sage of your wrists as well as aesthetics, please sort your lever position out!
When I first looked at the bike I thought exactly the same thing and was going to say something then just moved on to leave well enough alone thinking if the owner is happy with it why spoil the party, but now that you've commented I'll give my thoughts.
Some bar/lever combinations simply do not work well together. I'm going to say this is one of them. Here's why... Those levers are screaming to be higher on the bars for sure. It's just a very awkard transition from bars to hoods as is. Trouble is, with that very tight radius right at the clamp area, I would bet that moving the levers up even a small amount would have the blades pointing so far forward and further away that reaching them from the drops would be difficult, or very awkward at best. As such, I would not have gone with this combo of bars and levers. These same bars probably work very well with Shimano levers however.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Gary71

by Gary71

it has to be the bars fault! Que Campy / Shimano argument ;)

All jokes aside. That is an impressive rig. i bet it would ride like butter with those Schwalbes.........., there is a lot of wire protruding from the rear derailleur however. Is that normal? It looks like it could get caught something if your not careful

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Gary71 wrote:, there is a lot of wire protruding from the rear derailleur however. Is that normal? It looks like it could get caught something if your not careful
Looks like the Campagnolo supplied rear outer casing has been fitted uncut.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

But it's EPS - surely the wire just needs to be inserted a little more into the chainstay?

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Mockenrue wrote:But it's EPS - surely the wire just needs to be inserted a little more into the chainstay?
Doh! Should learn to read!!

RobJ

by RobJ

Mockenrue wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:14 am
But it's EPS - surely the wire just needs to be inserted a little more into the chainstay?
I agree though the Colnago routing in the rear chainstay is tight. The EPS connector would not fit unmodified. This is my first EPS build so needed to read some more on what else could be done.
2020 BMC TeamMachine SLR 01

gtv18

by gtv18

Nick W.
Veni, Vidi, Velcro
(I came, I saw, I stuck around)

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase either a rim brake version of Time Alp D Huez or Colnago C64 frameset by the end of this year. I've seen Merlin Cycles having sales on the C64 frameset at prices below $4K. Other dealers that have good pricing are Sigma Sports and Cicli Corsa. Any other legit places I should consider? I'm based in the U.S.
Thanks!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

RobJ wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:10 pm
Mockenrue wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:14 am
I agree though the Colnago routing in the rear chainstay is tight. The EPS connector would not fit unmodified. This is my first EPS build so needed to read some more on what else could be done.
I'm not understanding what needed to be modified in order for the EPS connectors to fit. Looks like the eps connector on your build is not even on the inside of the stay, is that correct?
Here's a couple pics I took when doing my C64 thread and the naked frame....

Just curious what needed to be modified? I haven't actually built one myself yet, but this is the first I've heard of the routing ports not being sufficient to route an eps connector. Are you using the cable magnet routing tools, like the Park cable routing kit or equivalent? Because yes, without these routing kits, some frames can be next to impossible to route the connectors through.

Also, have you got an exact weight, to an accuracy of +/-10grams or so, for the complete build as shown right there in your photos. Not expecting it be a lightweight by any means, again... just curious.

And one final thing, and I realize it's totally an aesthetic choice, but might not the taller top cover for the headset work a bit better here, given the spacers. I just think it might be a bit smoother transition from the top of the headtube to the stem.

Thanks,
Cal
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Cal, Rob's dialing in the fit but also averse to limiting the frameset's resale potential. :P

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I’m not suggesting modifying the frame in any way, just that I don’t see what needs to be modified as the hole in the end of the chainstay seems plenty large enough to accommodate the EPS connectors. But I haven’t actually built one yet. That’s why I’m asking what modification would be needed.

Martinez

by Martinez

My old friend. Five seasons with me...

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Martinez wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:15 pm
My old friend. Five seasons with me...

Yes! Great build!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓