Pictures of Colnagos

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

shipley

by shipley

Popped some Potenza on my trusty C59 for next months trip to the Pyrenees - Spring's coming !!

Last edited by shipley on Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matvalse

by matvalse

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Seedster

by Seedster

really clean build. Love it

taylorpetie

by taylorpetie

Last edited by taylorpetie on Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PSC88

by PSC88

Here's my latest purchase....

To say I love it is an understatement and I've always wanted a colnago.... I was looking a c60 but then I decided my canyon would be just as good if not better for the type of riding I do.

So in my head I justified that this was the essence of what a colnago is, as far as I can tell it's a super/Mexico the difference eludes me, but from about 1978/9.

It's a bit unusual in some senses.... has three top tube mounts and an SP (27.0mm) diameter seat tube. I'm also a bit confused as to it's exact age as it's lugs look to be 78 ish but the rear brake bridge and under bottom bracket cable routing make it more early 80's.

I know it's not eroica ready but I get all the advantages of a retro look but a new gruppo, it's also had a repaint but it's been superbly done.... anyway...I'm over the moon to be in the colnago club!

Pete

Current Bikes:

S-Works Tarmac SL6, Colnago Super 1979, Planet X Pro Carbon

Old bikes:

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX (RIP) , Ribble R872, Ribble Winter 7005

Calvaire

by Calvaire

Once upon a time I owned three different C50's.....all wonderful bikes but wound up selling for different reasons. Really wish I still had the black one....it was the best of the three.

Almost forgot.....also have a C40 Mapei :-)
Attachments
1930719_48734022485_9484_n.jpg
C50.jpg
IMG_0482.JPG
C40 Mapei.jpg

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Why was the black one the best of the three?
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Not sure, but because of the logos all over the place, and I think maybe even oversized, that black one may be a custom layup for the likes of Roubaix back in the day?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Calvaire

by Calvaire

Nah, it just fit the best of the three. The Ale Jet was way too small but I am a sucker for an aerospace paint job. Pretty sure it was a 59 or maybe even a 58.

the black version was a 62cm. All were same era of HP C50s, although the black and Ale-Jet versions were short lugs while the Rabobank version was the earlier, longer lug.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Yes, I noticed it was a larger frame, but I was wondering if perhaps it was some odd one-off that made it special. They are all very nice.

Every time is see a post about someone pining for a long lost colnago that they regret selling, it reminds me to never, ever sell my Extreme Power.
Image.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

AJS914

by AJS914

I love the Saronni red paint and the old school logos. If I ever repaint my C59 I'm going Zabel blue with those logos.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Love that Saronni red and the Zabel blue so much I have actually looked for a c50 or eps in my size to repaint it those colors!!

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

When I purchased this frame I thought that if I had the option of getting the Zabel blue version, I would have gone with the Zabel Blue. However as time has passed, I think that the Saronni Red (PR82) is really the one to have. While I prefer stealthy, low key graphics generally, the Saronni Red is so dramatic while remaining very classy. I smile every time I grab it from the rack.

crn

by crn

c60 48s

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Pierrotdu37

by Pierrotdu37

My official "garage door" contribution, just wheighted@7,3 kgs C59 Italia in size 50s