Show off your restomod bikes!

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Juanmoretime
Administrator

by Juanmoretime

[quote=kroem post_id=1728674 time=1643195695 user_id=78166]
My "restored" Crescent. Now put back into pieces thou.
IMG_4082.JPEG
[/quote]

A beautiful bike. It looks like down tube shifters would make it a 10 for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kroem

by kroem

Juanmoretime wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:27 am
kroem wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:14 pm
My "restored" Crescent. Now put back into pieces thou.
IMG_4082.JPEG
A beautiful bike. It looks like down tube shifters would make it a 10 for me.
EPS v1 shifters :)
Current
Waltly Gravel (stolen... and found!)
P-X Spitfire Ti
Fairlight Strael

Old
Canyon Ultimate SLX 6.7kg (crashed)
Tantan GR039 7.2kg (sold)

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Freshly resprayed 30 year-old Roberts running 10 speed SRAM Red, v2 eeBrakes, painted Rotor 3D24 cranks with Praxis rings, InniCycle conversion headset and HED Stinger 3 tubbies:

Etienne

by Etienne

RichTheRoadie wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:53 am
InniCycle conversion headset
Very nice bike, indeed :thumbup:

How easy is this InniCycle conversion to install and adjust ... cutting to the right length in particular ?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

Etienne wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:05 pm
How easy is this InniCycle conversion to install and adjust ... cutting to the right length in particular ?
No cutting of the fork required unless you're currently using a spacer in your threaded headset.

Press out old cups, press in InniCycle cups. You then thread on top portion of the InniCycle unit - this has the threadless stem mount section on it and a 'quill' replacement that doubles as the threadless top cap. Screw that down hand tight, then tighten the top cap/quill section with a 6mm allen key. Mount the threadless stem and you're done.

If you need to trim the threadless portion (which may be what your question was about?) you'll need to install it fully, then un-install the stem and whole threadless portion. You then take out the quill/top cap part, cut the threadless top portion, re-install the quill/top cap part, then thread the top portion back on. If you measured correctly, the stem and top cap should be flush. :beerchug:

Etienne

by Etienne

RichTheRoadie wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:50 am
Etienne wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:05 pm
No cutting of the fork required unless you're currently using a spacer in your threaded headset.

Press out old cups, press in InniCycle cups. You then thread on top portion of the InniCycle unit - this has the threadless stem mount section on it and a 'quill' replacement that doubles as the threadless top cap. Screw that down hand tight, then tighten the top cap/quill section with a 6mm allen key. Mount the threadless stem and you're done.

If you need to trim the threadless portion (which may be what your question was about?) you'll need to install it fully, then un-install the stem and whole threadless portion. You then take out the quill/top cap part, cut the threadless top portion, re-install the quill/top cap part, then thread the top portion back on. If you measured correctly, the stem and top cap should be flush. :beerchug:
Thanks, exactly what I needed to know ... :thumbup:

manystyles

by manystyles

2011 Moots Vamoots CR

Bought it 2nd hand back in 2015, and recently had the cable guides removed by TiCycles and then Black Magic Paint lay down Honda Championship White on half of the frame.

Completed the all Moots Ti cockpit and picked up some eeWing cranks, both also media blasted to match the frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xsnailx

by xsnailx

Look Kg 281 Restomod :)

Full thread here : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=170512

Total weight - 6,15 kg

basilic

by basilic

manystyles wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:48 pm
2011 Moots Vamoots CR
Very nice! I like how the chain echoes the tan sidewalls
How did you fit the eeWings on a 68mm road bb? did you use spacers, or do they make a suitable axle?

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

basilic wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:41 am
How did you fit the eeWings on a 68mm road bb? did you use spacers, or do they make a suitable axle?
The 'All-Road' version fits road bikes.

basilic

by basilic

Thanks !

manystyles

by manystyles

basilic wrote:
manystyles wrote:
2011 Moots Vamoots CR
Very nice! I like how the chain echoes the tan sidewalls
Thanks!

I have a set of ENVE 2.2’s and some GP5K STRs that I’ll run soon.

Smaller details, but after checking to torque on the silver chain ring bolts, I snapped one, and swapped out with some black ones I had laying around. That cleaned up the look of the drivetrain a little bit.

Also FINALLY converted to carbon road bars. I had no idea how much road buzz was being transferred through my stiff Al bars!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theStig

by theStig

manystyles wrote:
2011 Moots Vamoots CR

Bought it 2nd hand back in 2015, and recently had the cable guides removed by TiCycles and then Black Magic Paint lay down Honda Championship White on half of the frame.

Super clean! Is that the ITR color? Looks a bit brighter in your photos

manystyles

by manystyles

theStig wrote:
manystyles wrote:
2011 Moots Vamoots CR

Super clean! Is that the ITR color? Looks a bit brighter in your photos
Thanks! Yup, Championship white = Type-R. Probably just the lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rj70

by rj70

My first drop bar bike from 1982. It's been through many updates over the years, but hadn't been used much for some time as modern equipment is just nicer to ride.
Decided to bring it up to date, had the frame blasted and repainted. Originally bought a Shimano Ultegra groupset as I wanted a nice clean look and with the new Shimano being wireless thought this would be nice... until I actually got it to find the only the hydraulic brake version is wireless, rim brake version is still wired. I ended up with a mix a SRAM Red and Ultegra, works just fine, just had to use a SRAM Eagle chain. Made up the wheels with Lightbicycle rims, CarbonTi hubs and Sapim SuperCX Ray spokes. I'm just working on a nicer bottle cage adapter to finish it off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com