Seek & Diverge! Let's see those Diverge builds

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

that is bad ass bike! what tires are you running? They look like ReneHerse... 700's? riding it primareily on road? Mixed?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

indeed they look like Barlow Pass.. I need to burn thru my all black ones... before I get to my tan wall ones..
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

tandemracer

by tandemracer

Tires are Rene Herse Bon Jon Pass. Nominal size is 35mm but on these wide rims they measure just over 38mm wide. I use these wheels/tires for most of my riding. I break out the Speedvagen road bike for some of the faster group rides. This setup handles most of my training miles and longer road rides (comfort!) as well as most gravel rides. When the rides include some singletrack or looser gravel I swap to a different set of wheels with Maxxis Ramblers.

I built up a set of 650b wheels to allow me to use a wider tire (Rene Herse Juniper Ridge) for offroad use but the low BB on the Diverge frame dropped down so low that I was getting way too many pedal strikes. The extra air volume was nice though.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I photographed this fully custom built S-Works Diverge a few weeks back... really awesome build with full GRX Di2 drivetrain and custom carbon hoops laced to Industry9 Hydra hubs. The stealth camo with the green pops looks great.

Slammed

by Slammed

That would be cooler if it was the right size. No bike can look cool with 60mm+ of spacers. You could get the exact same fit in the next size up while not have a terrifying amount of spacers.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Slammed wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:44 pm
That would be cooler if it was the right size. No bike can look cool with 60mm+ of spacers. You could get the exact same fit in the next size up while not have a terrifying amount of spacers.
It's actually only 15mm of spacers... the rest of the height is the Future shock set up for the stem.... I don't beleive this was the setup as the customer took it ome though... When I photographed it, the mechanic had just finished putting it togther. The customer was going to come in for a final fit and delivery.

parajba

by parajba

Does this bike take standard mudguards? I will need to replace my winter, commuting and training bike (strictly road, no gravel) soon so I am shortlisting 3 bikes that

a. Take wider road tyres (28mm I would say, maybe 30 at the back, don't know yet)
b. Have discs
c. Don't cost a fortune (low spec wheels and groupset will do). The only esotic thing will be the powermeter and perhaps a carbon handlebar and a tubeless set up
d. Have low (*normal) maintenance as the bike will be used daily in the U.K. Between training and commuting I do around 15000 km per year
e. Can still be ridden in anger as part of a chaingang.

I like the looks of the Diverge (I have a Venge).

Any thoughts? Thanks for reading.

tnkn

by tnkn

Any ideas when the updated Diverge might be released?

I'm trying my hardest to like my open mold gravel frame but have become a bit of a snob in my older age. It just doesn't cut the mustard against my s-works tarmac!

Trying to find a winter bike that can take mudguards, fit larger volume 650b tyres and feel fast/responsive on the road. Oh, it has to be light.

LegPower

by LegPower

tandemracer wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:58 pm
I built up my 2019 Diverge S-Works frame with eTap, Easton EC90 cranks, ENVE cockpit and ENVE 4.5 AR wheels. Over 11,000k on it so far and still loving it.

Any issues using the Enve stem with the future shock?

IamnotWiggins

by IamnotWiggins

Any tips for packing up the SWAT box on the 2020 versions? They come with so many random bits of plastic and no indication as to what they're for!

Meech

by Meech

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:55 pm
I finally got my Diverge all done.... well not totally, done, but it's a rideable bike.

2018 Diverge E5 frame set, limited edition copper colorway.

Very nice !!!!

I'm considering those Yoeleo wheels for my E5 as well.
1. How do you like them? Any problems?
2. What size are those? (Looks like 45s)

Thanks!

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Meech wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:24 pm
Very nice !!!!

I'm considering those Yoeleo wheels for my E5 as well.
1. How do you like them? Any problems?
2. What size are those? (Looks like 45s)

Thanks!
I have several sets of Yoeleo wheels... never given me any problems. They are 50's. I'm actually running Eastin 650b wheels as my gravel wheels now, and mountered 32 road tires onto these Yoeleo's to use as winter road wheels on this bike.

Meech

by Meech

👍😉

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jarett

by Jarett

My beloved Diverge Comp Carbon :)
9ezs20tcm8zgphq3becja62xgbzxrn63qbt85bh6.jpg
mokplj7i0i8yuvebz650gzcix6v8sye6gebsvf06.jpg