Show us your Pinarello

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

crux

by crux

sfo423 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
Anyone know if there is any difference between 2018 and 2019 F10 disc (other than colors)?
Only the color

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sfo423

by sfo423

I just ordered a F10 disc and now starting the build spec. On the cockpit, is anyone riding the Most XFC 1K Aero Carbon or the XC Aero 3K bar? I currently ride Pro Vibe bars in a 42 (c-c) and the Most are all o-o measurement. Curious to hear from those riding Most bars in a 40 and how they stack up to a 42 c-c bar as well as hand feel. I think the areo 3k bar has flat tops and slight sweep back.

I will mate it to a Most stem; not sure which yet.

Then, on to wheels. 40mm-50mm.

cwdzoot
Shop Owner

by cwdzoot

sfo423 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:00 pm
Anyone know if there is any difference between 2018 and 2019 F10 disc (other than colors)?
Color is the biggest difference but we have noticed some of the new frames are coming in with different grum screws for the seatpost.
Instagram - stylish square bike pics
Flickr - over 20 million views for good reason
Facebook - friends get the good info & coupons first

sfo423

by sfo423

For those that built their F10 w/di2; what is cleanest set up for battery & box) (bar end unit, seat tube, etc).

tembikaisusu

by tembikaisusu

sfo423 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:51 pm
For those that built their F10 w/di2; what is cleanest set up for battery & box) (bar end unit, seat tube, etc).
I have the battery installed at seat post, it requires a special holder from Pinarello though. It's also much neater to have the junction box installed at the downtube instead of the bar end.
Specialized Allez E5 | S-Works Tarmac SL6 | Pegoretti Marcelo | Pinarello Dogma F10

TonyM

by TonyM

sfo423 wrote:For those that built their F10 w/di2; what is cleanest set up for battery & box) (bar end unit, seat tube, etc).
Battery in the seatpost.
Charging plug in the down tube.

sfo423

by sfo423

Question for F10 owners;

I've never owned a bike w/an Italian BB (or threaded, for that matter); does the shell need any prep before install? Facing? Also, what is everyone using on the threads? Tape or waterproof grease? Other?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Super easy. Both cups thread in clockwise (no left hand thread). Just make sure you put the right cup in the drive side, left cup in the non drive side. Normally I’d always face the shell where possible but with your Pinarello due to the raised carbon around the shell just assume it’s faced already and ok to go. Use some anti seize for the threads. You can use grease if you don’t have any, probably what most people do anyway. I used to always use a copper based antiseize but that stuff can be so hard to remove if you get the least little bit on your frame etc. Now I use Morgan Blue Aquaproof Paste for all those kinds of things. I wouldn’t use tape of any sort. Just makes it messier to clean off when you have to remove it. Do torque it to spec. If you don’t have torque wrench make sure it’s “real tight”. Threaded Campy cups get 37Nm of torque.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

sfo423

by sfo423

:thumbup: Thanks!

Now just need to figure out disc wheel decision. Tough to find a do-it all wheelset for <$2k. Want tubeless, was looking at the DT Swiss ARC 1100 48DB or have Fairwheel build FSE 45mm w/cx-r and Carbon-ti hubs.

What is the forum F10 disc owners wheelset of choice under 50mm?

Calnago wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Super easy. Both cups thread in clockwise (no left hand thread). Just make sure you put the right cup in the drive side, left cup in the non drive side. Normally I’d always face the shell where possible but with your Pinarello due to the raised carbon around the shell just assume it’s faced already and ok to go. Use some anti seize for the threads. You can use grease if you don’t have any, probably what most people do anyway. I used to always use a copper based antiseize but that stuff can be so hard to remove if you get the least little bit on your frame etc. Now I use Morgan Blue Aquaproof Paste for all those kinds of things. I wouldn’t use tape of any sort. Just makes it messier to clean off when you have to remove it. Do torque it to spec. If you don’t have torque wrench make sure it’s “real tight”. Threaded Campy cups get 37Nm of torque.

Calvaire

by Calvaire

Loved both of these.....finally decided these were both too small but would love another magnesium Dogma!
Attachments
Dogma - Copy (2).JPG
Prince.jpg

sfo423

by sfo423

Anyone w/F10 hydro?

I just got my frame and started to prep. The internal cable guides (you get a kit with multiple widget options; mechanical, electric, grommets, etc) does not seem to be complete. I am setting up eTap so I use the block off widget for the drive side and the NDS the only option is a double (high/low) cable guide widget. Should there be a single cable guide widget? I am not running anything else through the NDS guide; just the rear brake hose.

Ideally, I would have this option (top picture only) but it was not included

Anyone?

caad4rep

by caad4rep

ImageIMG_20190320_170208_059 by Dustin Gaffke, on Flickr

Just built up this K8. I still need to do some tweaking but I'm very impressed after the first ride.

AZR3

by AZR3

caad4rep wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:29 pm
ImageIMG_20190320_170208_059 by Dustin Gaffke, on Flickr

Just built up this K8. I still need to do some tweaking but I'm very impressed after the first ride.
:shock: :thumbup:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

One of a few iterations so far. Seatpost just got stripped, Rotundos are coming back off, and still waiting for a new BB so I can mount my THM M3.

This bike is still pretty new to me but one of my favorites to date

survivor

by survivor

Still loving my Wiggo edition F8. Small revision each year to make it fresh :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com