Show us your Pinarello

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

Merovingian wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 pm

This thing is beautiful! What size tires are you running? I just ordered the maglia nera gan rs and want to swap the wheels and put 25mms on, but the pinarello website states 23mm is the max.
Thank you! I really wanted the Maglia Nera but, unfortunately, my local shop could only get the La Rossa from their distributor. The red is growing on me slowly though. You can definitely fit 25mm tires. You probably could fit 28mm tires if you wanted to. I'm running 25mm currently. Please post pictures of your build!

Merovingian

by Merovingian

Thank you for the info! I dig the black/red color scheme and those wheels add so much personality to the bike.

As for the pics of my bike and build, I most definitely will post them! Looks like I should have it in about two weeks (hopefully). The online retailer I ordered it from has been taking its sweet time getting it to me, but I can't complain, considering the deal they gave me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

Merovingian wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:28 am
Thank you for the info! I dig the black/red color scheme and those wheels add so much personality to the bike.

As for the pics of my bike and build, I most definitely will post them! Looks like I should have it in about two weeks (hopefully). The online retailer I ordered it from has been taking its sweet time getting it to me, but I can't complain, considering the deal they gave me.
What components will it be built with? Did you order from Competitve Cyclist?

avispa

by avispa

There's my rig... Don't see a reason to spend money on a F8.5, sorry I meant an F10. :mrgreen:

And have to wait and see what Pinarello is going to do in 2020 with their disc brake implementation; there are no changes for 2019. A few brands are coming out with really clean setups on disc, but the current Pinarello offerings is terrible with all the exposed cables and so on.
Attachments
MY PIN.jpg

Merovingian

by Merovingian

HarrisonK wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:20 am

What components will it be built with? Did you order from Competitve Cyclist?
I dont have anything set in stone yet, just know that I will be replacing the wheels, bars and saddle to begin with. Still in the info gathering stage of each choice and am going to order new items once the bike actually arrives. How do you like your wheels? Some of the roads nearby can be a bit rough so I am worried about pinched flats and gravel flats, which is going to influence my wheel purchase.

I ordered through Glory Cycles. They made an error on my initial order and to make up for it offered a deal on the Gan RS.

LionelB

by LionelB

HarrisonK wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:24 am
Does anyone have an integrated bar stem? I like the Talon but it's really expensive. The Vision Metron is half the price and almost as nice. Does anyone here have that setup?
I have the Talon and really like it. CAn be found around 500euros I think.

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

LionelB wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:47 am
HarrisonK wrote:
Does anyone have an integrated bar stem? I like the Talon but it's really expensive. The Vision Metron is half the price and almost as nice. Does anyone here have that setup?
Do you have any pictures you can post? I've only seen the Talon in person once and really like it but its $1,000USD which seems outrageously expensive when the Vision Metron 5D competitor is half the price.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Hey @LionelB. On your Talon, is the sleeve that clamps around the headtube solid alloy or carbon if you can remember. You’d have to look at the inside of it to tell probably, but just wondering if you remember. Had the misfortune of trying to work with a fake Talon handlebar... what a pain in the ass, from the holes by the levers where the cables are meant to route to the steertube bolts, and to the piece of glued on tin foil on the inside of stem collar (that clamps to the steertube) to make it look like it’s alloy, or perhaps it’s put in after the fact to take up sloppy tolerances, I don’t know. Didn’t take too much convincing to toss them into the garbage.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

LionelB

by LionelB

HarrisonK wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:49 pm
LionelB wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:47 am
HarrisonK wrote:
Do you have any pictures you can post? I've only seen the Talon in person once and really like it but its $1,000USD which seems outrageously expensive when the Vision Metron 5D competitor is half the price.
Here are a few pics when it was on my F8, moved it to my F10 since

LionelB

by LionelB

Calnago wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:36 pm
Hey @LionelB. On your Talon, is the sleeve that clamps around the headtube solid alloy or carbon if you can remember. You’d have to look at the inside of it to tell probably, but just wondering if you remember. Had the misfortune of trying to work with a fake Talon handlebar... what a pain in the ass, from the holes by the levers where the cables are meant to route to the steertube bolts, and to the piece of glued on tin foil on the inside of stem collar (that clamps to the steertube) to make it look like it’s alloy, or perhaps it’s put in after the fact to take up sloppy tolerances, I don’t know. Didn’t take too much convincing to toss them into the garbage.
I do not quite recall, I think it's carbon. But on a fake what do you expect anyway. I saw a guy working on a fake F8 and he could not slide the front wheel on the fork.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I didn’t know it was a fake when I started working on it but everything was so wonky and ill fitting that I finally checked with the US distributor who confirmed its fakeness. I convinced the owner to get rid of it and we got a Pro one piece bar instead. The reason I was asking about the inside of the stem column was that on this one it had a little piece of foil stuck to the inside to, I presume, make it look like it was alloy, which I’m assuming the real ones are.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Merovingian

by Merovingian

Just picked her up last night...Will be posting more photos when I have more. So amped!!
Attachments
IMG_1737.jpg

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

Merovingian wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:19 pm
Just picked her up last night...Will be posting more photos when I have more. So amped!!
Looking forward to more pictures. Looks a lot like my set up. What wheels are those?

vlastrada

by vlastrada

Very nice, looks perfect :) enjoy!
here is mine, hope the pics are not completely useless...always have black tape, so i experimented with something errr... different....back to boring black soon
The frame weighed ~925g (54) and the fork ~393 (uncut), I wonder how this compares to other F10s... :?:
Thanks to LW Obies (~934g) it’s approx 6kg incl mount but w/o PC8 head unit...~ 6.7kg w training wheels. Cheers
Attachments
B5560D65-CE6F-4428-B24E-3E628547E558.jpeg
B0A5C4D0-9FAA-472D-8211-0709B077E278.jpeg
DF82E6EA-453F-4B00-B556-C9185A366E36.jpeg
Last edited by vlastrada on Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HarrisonK

by HarrisonK

Cut steerer tube today. Still thinking about adding an integrated bar/stem combo but for now this is how it sits: