Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marin

by Marin

Robt57 wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:10 am
I dig the meat and potatoes build.

Curious as to the 1x shifter on the left side? south paw?
Yes, left handed. I'm switching to Double Taps though and will put a Corky mirror in the left barend.

10Caad

by 10Caad

Will throw my custom Rock Lobster in the mix. I still need to get a fit, cut down the steerer and sort out the stem / seatpost. The bike was built up with gravel events (handled this year’s US Grinduro event like a champ) and bikepacking in mind with the occasional CX race.
Attachments
08D218DF-BC55-4C08-B98F-4AD5366F573E.jpeg
83CBD183-DBF8-4BB7-AA27-FA8304E61344.jpeg

kode54

by kode54

Nice looking bike by Paul!
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

DOUG

by DOUG

How did I miss this thread? Anyway here my Cannondale FSi HiMod drop bar conversion. I absolutely love this bike, great option for when it's too wet for the trails but still want to get off-road.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Also not sure how I missed this thread. Nothing like a quarantine to dig it up!
Shamus wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:21 pm
Love this.

Here's my adventure setup. Need to get some more interesting photos apparently..

Kristof047

by Kristof047

FRAME: Titus Goldrush titanium (PlanetX) - chose the frame for the non-branding and geometry which is almost made for me. Nice quality finish but 2 kilo of rigidness 😉
FORK: Moquai carbon gravel fork
WHEELS: Alu Miche Graff
TYRES: Michelin Power Gravel 35mm (not too wide for keeping speed onroad)
GROUPSET: Dura-ace 9001 shifters, 9000 front derailleur, Ultegra RX800 rear derailleur, TRP Spyre mechanical brakes, Rotor 3d24 Power2Max NGeco crank, gearing 46-34 11-32
FINISHING: Zipp service course 70 gravel (love the little flare), Newmen 80mm stem, Van Nicholas titanium seatpost, Selle Italia Flite Bullit saddle, Shimano XT pedals, Titus aliexpress titanium bottle cages + topeak alu cage

+- 10 kilogram everything included

Rides really nice because of some mix of gravel, cyclocross and MTB geometry/components. Brings me fast to nice playgrounds in the (not so close) neighbourhood.

Only thing I noticed was the front end which wanted to 'unwheel' from the ground in technical climbs (steep with obstacles). Any ideas of why, front end light compared to rear end, geometry, stem length, ...? Not really a problem but just something I noticed.

GT3RS

by GT3RS

I'll add my little repainted Viner Strada Bianca (Planet X) to this gallery. Lauf fork felt a bit weird at first but works surprisingly well.
Attachments
6E2F24E3-B6C5-4951-9947-E1869D46CDE4.jpeg

toshi

by toshi

Keeping it old school.
:shock:

IMG_0523.JPG

Robt57

by Robt57

2015 Custom Strong. Early adoptor for a modern adventure monster CX. Had a Trekenstein 730 with 45 fireCX tires during the 2000s before all this was a thing...

Top pic winter mode before the fenders came off early this year... Day trek.

650b pic after dewinterized and a bar change to try the Condors out..

Robt57

by Robt57

Just to show what is possible on super low budget: This is the 730 in late 90s when I first started doing adventure woods exploring.

And the 2000s with 45c for more agressive woods use. I had tons and tones of fun on this breast for a decade or more...

Maximilian

by Maximilian

Here's my F3x CX/gravel bike. Its set up with Ultegra 6800 shifters and front mech, ultegra RX rear mech + wolf tooth hanger extender, 11-42 XT cassette and 50/34T Praxis rings.

The wheels are some uninteresting tubeless Alexrims with Novatech hubs. One of the hub disc bolt threads stripped last week so I will either run with 5 bolts (sketchy) or buy the new Zipp 303 S. The brakes are TRP HY/RD which aren't great and the frame is post mount which makes it a challenge to upgrade.

Overall I enjoy the bike a lot but the clearances aren't that good. I'm feeling that a new frame may be on the cards soon. Maybe and Aspero, Exploro or Diverge. I want something that I can ride gravel on, trails and also use for fast training & group rides on the road. I'm getting burnt out having to look after two road bikes, two mountain bikes and this bike. I want one that can do it all with a couple of wheelsets and some gearing changes. Any suggestions?

Jengaback

by Jengaback

Maximilian wrote:Here's my F3x CX/gravel bike. Its set up with Ultegra 6800 shifters and front mech, ultegra RX rear mech + wolf tooth hanger extender, 11-42 XT cassette and 50/34T Praxis rings.

The wheels are some uninteresting tubeless Alexrims with Novatech hubs. One of the hub disc bolt threads stripped last week so I will either run with 5 bolts (sketchy) or buy the new Zipp 303 S. The brakes are TRP HY/RD which aren't great and the frame is post mount which makes it a challenge to upgrade.

Overall I enjoy the bike a lot but the clearances aren't that good. I'm feeling that a new frame may be on the cards soon. Maybe and Aspero, Exploro or Diverge. I want something that I can ride gravel on, trails and also use for fast training & group rides on the road. I'm getting burnt out having to look after two road bikes, two mountain bikes and this bike. I want one that can do it all with a couple of wheelsets and some gearing changes. Any suggestions?
If you wanted full hydro brakes any shimano 2 pot caliper works with their hydraulic STIs. Despite the official shimano line they all use the same 22mm piston so are interchangeable. Alternatively Hope RX4 calipers are available as a post mount.

young

by young

here's my Crux with my buddies bmx urs

close up

Attachments
IMG_20200504_190910.jpg
IMG_20200504_190943.jpg

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Just came back from my Bike Packing vacation.
It's an Open Cycles WI.DE, mullet Group with SRAM FORCE eTAP AXS 1X 44T + Quarq DZero in the front and SRAM Eagle AXS XX1 Cassette and Deraileur in the rear. Bar and Stem are the Gravel specific ENVE parts. The wheel setup is my "summer setup" with 9th Wave Anath 700 Carbon Gravel Wheels with Maxxis Re-Fuse Tubeless 40c Tires. In Winter I ride Stan's Arch CB7 with Super wide Schwalbe RockRazor Addix 2.4Inch.

The weight is 8.4 as it is right now + semi permanent headlight from Lupine + Semi-Permanent Top tube bag + 0.8kg when I have my winter wheels on.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com