THM Classic
Roval CLX 64 w/Lightweight Skewer's
Look Keo Blade 2 Ti.
Gelu P1
S-Works Turbo

Trying to get to 14lbs or better.
Attachments
IMGP3192.JPG
Last edited by tabl10s on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:49 am, edited 7 times in total.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

2019 Orca OMR (preliminary build, college life)

R8000 gruppo and 9100 shifters

K-force crank, stem, bars, seatpost (employee discounts)

Stages left arm

look keo blades cause i went cheap

MrAnderson

by MrAnderson

Well my Orca OMR build has gone from lightweight 5.8kgs to a custom more aero setup.
From this..

To this very soon
Yes a Movistar blue fade, this is just a photoshop image but its off in the next 2 weeks.
Will have Black Inc finishing kit with Zipp 404's. I felt slighlt more aero was faster than weight weenie overall on a ride.

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

MrAnderson wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:34 pm
Well my Orca OMR build has gone from lightweight 5.8kgs to a custom more aero setup.
From this..

To this very soon
Yes a Movistar blue fade, this is just a photoshop image but its off in the next 2 weeks.
Will have Black Inc finishing kit with Zipp 404's. I felt slighlt more aero was faster than weight weenie overall on a ride.
The fade isn't that far off since there's a similar look you can do on MyO. going to be a good looking frame though

tarkus

by tarkus

Hi guys, sorry for intruding (first post even ;) but since this seems to be a "general" orca-thread...

I am on the fence for a "good" roadbike and torn between a Teammachine (maybe slr01/04 disc) and the Orbea Orca (M20Team disc; beauty!).
Problem: over here where I live, not so many Orbea dealers. At the two I went to (rather small ones) only OME and OMP were available - could only have a short test ride...OME to comfy (geometry), OMP feld quite good already :) However...no disc.

so...how would you compare the ride quality to your other bikes? Anything out of the ordinary (good OR bad)? Or just another bike with a pricey tag? :)
Every input is appreciated!

p.s.: I know, the specs on both bikes are not...well, nothing special (not for me anyway). But for now I want to ride and not build. That will come step by step. And hopefully the funds too :)

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

tarkus wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:03 pm
Hi guys, sorry for intruding (first post even ;) but since this seems to be a "general" orca-thread...

I am on the fence for a "good" roadbike and torn between a Teammachine (maybe slr01/04 disc) and the Orbea Orca (M20Team disc; beauty!).
Problem: over here where I live, not so many Orbea dealers. At the two I went to (rather small ones) only OME and OMP were available - could only have a short test ride...OME to comfy (geometry), OMP feld quite good already :) However...no disc.

so...how would you compare the ride quality to your other bikes? Anything out of the ordinary (good OR bad)? Or just another bike with a pricey tag? :)
Every input is appreciated!

p.s.: I know, the specs on both bikes are not...well, nothing special (not for me anyway). But for now I want to ride and not build. That will come step by step. And hopefully the funds too :)
I bought my OMR relatively blind, I hadn't taken one out for a test ride (we didn't have in store), and I didn't even try out an OMP. That being said, I knew my sizing and looked at the geometry, I compared it to my previous bikes (CAAD 10, Wilier Gran Turismo) and others I have access to in-store. In terms of fit relative to geometry, I feel very comfortable. I've ridden it on relatively okay roads, mainly dealing with cracks, construction, and potholes (was using TC50s with 28mm Vittoria tubulars at 80psi) and the bike was a very smooth and comfortable ride even with it being more set up as a race bike. In my opinion, both brands are very good, each with their own sets of pros and cons (my store is a retailer for both brands), i honestly feel you'll be comfortable and happy with either model in your size.

tarkus

by tarkus

oh maaan, so I need to buy both, huh? ;)
But having 2 summer bikes would be decadent :)
Thanks a lot anyway!

well, I have a bike bike fitting in a couple of weeks and will take it from there then.

tarkus

by tarkus

Hi guys! Well, if anybody should be interested. I am a little bit lost now ;) According to the bike fitting neither of the bikes is perfectly suitable for me. The Orca more so then the Teammachine but not really...Honestly, I am somewhat surprised.
Especially about the sizes which I should look at. With 170cm (5'7") and inseam of 79cm (2'7") the guy suggested 53 with the Orca and 54 with the BMC.
In both cases I thought one size down would be perfectly suitable. But what do I know, right?!
Well, the quest goes on...

dominikk

by dominikk

tarkus wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:14 pm
Hi guys! Well, if anybody should be interested. I am a little bit lost now ;) According to the bike fitting neither of the bikes is perfectly suitable for me. The Orca more so then the Teammachine but not really...Honestly, I am somewhat surprised.
Especially about the sizes which I should look at. With 170cm (5'7") and inseam of 79cm (2'7") the guy suggested 53 with the Orca and 54 with the BMC.
In both cases I thought one size down would be perfectly suitable. But what do I know, right?!
Well, the quest goes on...
I'm 178 cm, inseam of 86 and Orbe Orca Aero size 53 fits OK.
So for U, I suggest size 51. Like U thought.
Riding Paniagua - The Future of cycling!

MrAnderson

by MrAnderson

I'd go for size 51, im 5ft 7 and with a 130mm stem its perfect.

tarkus

by tarkus

well, 130mm is perfect? Seems quite extreme for my liking...i think, but what do i know :)

DcGrady

by DcGrady

Orbea Orca Bronze 2013
OO.jpg

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

tarkus wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:21 pm
well, 130mm is perfect? Seems quite extreme for my liking...i think, but what do i know :)
compare it to your frame and stem now, what's the length? I had the same kind of issue when i got my Orca, I went from having a 100mm stem to 120mm. I though was kind of crazy to have something longer but compared top tube length and stem length. I'm also 178cm and 81cm inseam. I could've gone for either a 53 or even a 51 frame depending on my combination of crank length and stem length.

boilerup

by boilerup

Here is my 2017 Orca M20i. Bought the bike for $1775 brand new, so I couldn't turn down that deal. Been changing stuff out on it slowly since.

Ultegra 6870 FD/RD
Ultegra 6800 Brakes
Stages R8000 LR 52/36 Crankset
Ultegra 11-28 Cassette
KMC X11SL chain
Older Duraace pedals
Recently swiched from the PRO Stealth to a Specialized Power Expert saddle (Love the Power)
PRO Vibe Aero handlebars with Lizard Skins
Zipp 303 Firecrest Clinchers
Conti GP4000 tires

Been contemplating getting an Orca Aero or switching to aluminum, but who knows, I am pretty happy with this build considering how much I paid for it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zitter

by Zitter

Changed it up and went 1x on my Orca (42 x 9-32 3T Bailout cassette)

7.12kg without computer

https://i.imgur.com/QWtEoKm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/3PlLqT7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ykPVISv.jpg
Last edited by Zitter on Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.