Sram 1190 Cassette(11-28)
Roval CLX 64 w/Lightweight Skewer's
Look Keo Blade 2 Ti.
S-Works Power
S-Works Turbo

Trying to get to 14lbs or better.
Attachments
IMGP3192.JPG
Last edited by tabl10s on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
2016 Orbea Orca OMR:

15.2lbs/6.89kg.

2013 Wilier Zero.7:

13.04lbs/5.91kg.

2016 Rca:

11.07lbs/5.048kg.

2015 Pinarello F8(build in-process).

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

2019 Orca OMR (preliminary build, college life)

R8000 gruppo and 9100 shifters

K-force crank, stem, bars, seatpost (employee discounts)

Stages left arm

look keo blades cause i went cheap

by Weenie

MrAnderson

by MrAnderson

Well my Orca OMR build has gone from lightweight 5.8kgs to a custom more aero setup.
From this..

To this very soon
Yes a Movistar blue fade, this is just a photoshop image but its off in the next 2 weeks.
Will have Black Inc finishing kit with Zipp 404's. I felt slighlt more aero was faster than weight weenie overall on a ride.

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

MrAnderson wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:34 pm
Well my Orca OMR build has gone from lightweight 5.8kgs to a custom more aero setup.
From this..

To this very soon
Yes a Movistar blue fade, this is just a photoshop image but its off in the next 2 weeks.
Will have Black Inc finishing kit with Zipp 404's. I felt slighlt more aero was faster than weight weenie overall on a ride.
The fade isn't that far off since there's a similar look you can do on MyO. going to be a good looking frame though

tarkus

by tarkus

Hi guys, sorry for intruding (first post even ;) but since this seems to be a "general" orca-thread...

I am on the fence for a "good" roadbike and torn between a Teammachine (maybe slr01/04 disc) and the Orbea Orca (M20Team disc; beauty!).
Problem: over here where I live, not so many Orbea dealers. At the two I went to (rather small ones) only OME and OMP were available - could only have a short test ride...OME to comfy (geometry), OMP feld quite good already :) However...no disc.

so...how would you compare the ride quality to your other bikes? Anything out of the ordinary (good OR bad)? Or just another bike with a pricey tag? :)
Every input is appreciated!

p.s.: I know, the specs on both bikes are not...well, nothing special (not for me anyway). But for now I want to ride and not build. That will come step by step. And hopefully the funds too :)

CraigKnobovitch

by CraigKnobovitch

tarkus wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:03 pm
Hi guys, sorry for intruding (first post even ;) but since this seems to be a "general" orca-thread...

I am on the fence for a "good" roadbike and torn between a Teammachine (maybe slr01/04 disc) and the Orbea Orca (M20Team disc; beauty!).
Problem: over here where I live, not so many Orbea dealers. At the two I went to (rather small ones) only OME and OMP were available - could only have a short test ride...OME to comfy (geometry), OMP feld quite good already :) However...no disc.

so...how would you compare the ride quality to your other bikes? Anything out of the ordinary (good OR bad)? Or just another bike with a pricey tag? :)
Every input is appreciated!

p.s.: I know, the specs on both bikes are not...well, nothing special (not for me anyway). But for now I want to ride and not build. That will come step by step. And hopefully the funds too :)
I bought my OMR relatively blind, I hadn't taken one out for a test ride (we didn't have in store), and I didn't even try out an OMP. That being said, I knew my sizing and looked at the geometry, I compared it to my previous bikes (CAAD 10, Wilier Gran Turismo) and others I have access to in-store. In terms of fit relative to geometry, I feel very comfortable. I've ridden it on relatively okay roads, mainly dealing with cracks, construction, and potholes (was using TC50s with 28mm Vittoria tubulars at 80psi) and the bike was a very smooth and comfortable ride even with it being more set up as a race bike. In my opinion, both brands are very good, each with their own sets of pros and cons (my store is a retailer for both brands), i honestly feel you'll be comfortable and happy with either model in your size.

tarkus

by tarkus

oh maaan, so I need to buy both, huh? ;)
But having 2 summer bikes would be decadent :)
Thanks a lot anyway!

well, I have a bike bike fitting in a couple of weeks and will take it from there then.