Le club Time

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Jrtyoung wrote:
Jrtyoung wrote:
Jrtyoung wrote:Seat clamp on the ADH 01, 12 or Scylon?

Scylon is rock solid - no issues.

ADH 01 is a “plate” setup.
ADH 12 is normal seat post collar (can’t thing of this being a problem)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ADH 01 seat post “plate”

ADH 12 “seat post “collar”

Scylon’ chunky “aero” seat post w collar

by Weenie

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

tacos8910 wrote:
Jrtyoung wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:08 am

Hi Mate, I have the current Scylon and first gen Scylon (actually spelt Skylon, until Time changed the K->C cause there is a tower in Asian with the same name).
Thanks for the reply! I have been digging through the forums and there seems to be an issue with the seat clamp. Is that something to worry about? And if it is, is there a fix?
Maybe get the Scylon, this review talks about the flex in the seat post, which may put too much undue stress on the bike if a heavier rider

https://www.lavelocita.cc/la-velocita-r ... -01-review

tacos8910

by tacos8910

Jrtyoung wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:22 am
Seat clamp on the ADH 01, 12 or Scylon?

Scylon is rock solid - no issues.

ADH 01 is a “plate” setup.
ADH 12 is normal seat post collar (can’t thing of this being a problem)

For Scylon there is some type of saddle slippage issue?

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Nah, but there are two types of saddle clamps: carbon rails vs metal rails (both come w the frame).

I’ve had Fizik Antares saddles on mine and currently running a Specialized Power saddle for racing. Never had an issue and put them through absolute hell.

It can be fiddly to adjust if someone doesn’t know what they are doing though, cause the saddle clamps “cup” on the seat post. First time fitting saddle, just spend a minute or 2 looking at how it works first, it’s super simple and effective but unique to Time (as is most stuff on the bike, which is part of their charm)

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Jrtyoung wrote:Nah, but there are two types of saddle clamps: carbon rails vs metal rails (both come w the frame).

I’ve had Fizik Antares saddles on mine and currently running a Specialized Power saddle for racing. Never had an issue and put them through absolute hell.

It can be fiddly to adjust if someone doesn’t know what they are doing though, cause the saddle clamps “cup” on the seat post. First time fitting saddle, just spend a minute or 2 looking at how it works first, it’s super simple and effective but unique to Time (as is most stuff on the bike, which is part of their charm)

Here is the seat mount from my spare parts box, the seat mount has 5x parts and a single bolt that goes through all of them. The “trick” is to unwind the bolt enough that parts 2 &4 can move freely from the hub they sit on. Sounds complicated but really isn’t. What a lot of people do by mistake is they loosen the bolt enough to move only parts 1&5, but then wonder why the saddle can’t be pitched up/down. When they tighten it all back up. The reason for the design is it makes the saddle rock solid once setup so there is zero movement even under high power efforts

kgt

by kgt

@tacos8910
In your case Scylon is a better choice.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

tacos8910 wrote:Hello Time Club! I need help to choose how I want to join the club.

I right now have a choice between these two frames, the 2016 Skylon vs the 2019 Alpe d'Huez, and I wondering a few things.

I'm 90kg and I do powerlifting and I sprint quite a bit (my sprint is around 2200w on the gym bike so reliability is kinda questionable). Weight is not the biggest deal to me.

Which one is better? Anything I should be aware of?

Also, does anyone know what the difference between the older skylons vs the new scylons? Should the older ones deter me and get the newer designed Alpe d'Huez?

Please help haha.
Welcome to the club! Skylon is the perfect bike for your need ! Is the perfect bike for sprint and fast avg speed laps ! But believe me if you want to climb it keep nice and fast rhythm ! The clump is solid rock no sound at all !

πατα τραβα ρε

par

by par

Hello everyone from le club TIME.
I have purchased an Alp d'huez 21 and as soon as I can finish the build I will show it here.

I try a few brake nuts from different length and no one fit on the Aktiv fork, after ask TIME they told me is a special nut that they will send me as comercial gesture...

I work with composite materials in the aeronautical industry and I also do carbon frame repairs.

After many frames used, repaired and investigated, I was curious about TIME as something different in the cycling industry. Its interior finish is excellent, as well as its tolerances in BB and headset .

I hope that the frame will give me the confidence to descend as I like and then I will be very happy with it.

No weight weenie build for the moment.
Ultegra 8000 with 6800 brakes.
Modified Cannondale SAVE 1 seatpost.
3T Arx II stealth stem ( Ulteam Carbon Monolink when possible).
Bontrager Elite Aero handlebar.
For the wheelset will start with Aksium or Ksyrium ( with Vittoria Corsa G+) until I can build a light wheelset with carbon rims.
Last edited by par on Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Welcome to the club

πατα τραβα ρε

kgt

by kgt

Welcome par!
I am sure that you will enjoy AdH’s exceptional quality and excellent performance.

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Welcome Par, can’t wait to see your build :)

alistaird

by alistaird

All

Planning on running Nokon on my ZXRS. Question on the rear brake. Do I run full length outer of Nokon or are there cable stops where it enters the frame? Current Campy outer cable runs full length I think.

Thanks

A

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

one60

by one60

ZXRS uses full length housing for rear brake

alistaird

by alistaird

one60 wrote:ZXRS uses full length housing for rear brake
Thanks... Here's hoping Nokon won't rattle.

A

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

by Weenie

one60

by one60

IIRC, the housing is contained in a plastic (guide) tube which runs between the two rubber guides on the top tube.