Le club Time

Moderator: Moderator Team

tofumann

by tofumann

kgt wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:49 pm
@JKolmo
No, I don't have this one. I will ask my dealer.
See picture of the Manual that came with the bike. it comes with both #3 and #5. I was messing around with it and realized having a 5mm spacer sitting under the stem doesnt look too bad either--in case they can't get you the "Bowl Cover" as what they call this piece. Good luck.

kgt

by kgt

I see, thanks!

by Weenie

kgt

by kgt

Luescher's latest video confirms what we Time fans already knew: Time's RTM technology is the most advanced and sophisticated carbon frame construction method, miles ahead of anything else; no voids, no delaminations, no porosity just perfect control of the frame's dimensions, thickness and overall characteristics to the smallest detail. 8)

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Was searching for commments on that video and discovered this thread.. What a surprise! TIME really deserves more recognition for all their impeccable hardwork. Really hope their new owner will do the brand justice.

@Kgt Did you manage to obtain that special cover for slamming the stem?

I have a rim brake Skylon, and considering going disc; a bit tempted by Ad'H (trying something different, though not sure about how the ride experience would differ) but wouldn't mind sticking with Scylon either as I'm very happy with it. Will share some pics if the switch happens..

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Llanberis wrote:Was searching for commments on that video and discovered this thread.. What a surprise! TIME really deserves more recognition for all their impeccable hardwork. Really hope their new owner will do the brand justice.

@Kgt Did you manage to obtain that special cover for slamming the stem?

I have a rim brake Skylon, and considering going disc; a bit tempted by Ad'H (trying something different, though not sure about how the ride experience would differ) but wouldn't mind sticking with Scylon either as I'm very happy with it. Will share some pics if the switch happens..
Welcome friend ! Stay with Skylon! For me it is the best all round bike I have ever ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Thanks miltmaster3! Just went through all 44 pages of this thread, your bike looks awesome, very neat bar end junction work :thumbup: We have the exactly same setup (XS / 100 stem), but I'm a bit shorter at 167 cm and sometimes I struggle a bit with the reach. That said, I've indeed never regreted the choice of getting Skylon back then (I maintain a "one bike at a time" policy). It brings me so much fun whether on flats or hills.

I do wish I had the translink seatmast though. :wink:

kgt

by kgt

I had the Skylon and I went for the AdH. Overall the AdH is more comfortable and approx. 200 gr lighter. Skylon feels slightly stiffer overall because of its fatter seatstays and aero seatpost. Bb and head tube stiffness are similar. Stiffness/ weight is higher in AdH.

I am not a fan of discs or fat tires on road bikes but the disc version of AdH is also compatible with fat tires (like 30mm fat) if this is something you need.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Got you, thanks for the detail Kgt. I'm not a huge fan of fat tyres either and generally run 25 mm max so clearance won't be a major concern for me. I do appreciate the simplicty of maintaining a hydraulic brake system (though I know this is purely subjective), having had positive experience with MTB ones. Will do a search on frameset availability first as it's rather hard to get TIME in the UK.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Skylon in action

πατα τραβα ρε

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Anyone sees a Scylon Disc TL in XXS for sale, please let me know.. I scoured the internet but couldn't see any available; approached Bellati and was told Time is not making Scylon anymore (despite being still on their website?). I'm currently leaning towards swapping my rim brake Skylon for a disc version, or stick with rim brake and get a Ad'H. The later is currently only available in red, which is not really my cup of tea.. I heard there may be new colour coming soon though.

Guardian

by Guardian

NOS Time RX Instinct. This will be my first carbon bike and first new bike in 14 years...

IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

I can’t wait to see it ready !!!!!!
By the way KGT Is ban for a week I don’t know why?

πατα τραβα ρε

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Guardian wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:44 pm
NOS Time RX Instinct. This will be my first carbon bike and first new bike in 14 years...
That paint job is quite refreshing, very nice! Definitely gonna look great; what wheels are going on this beauty?

by Weenie

Guardian

by Guardian

Thanks! I've always had a thing for the white Time frames... Wheelset will be Bora One 35's