Le club Time

Moderator: Moderator Team

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

deelymc wrote:I'm trying to decide between a small or extra small scylon frame. I currently ride a small size Merida Scultura CF4 with a 530 top tube, 74 seat tube angle, 15mm setback, 100mm stem and 70mm reach. It is a little short in the drops but great on the tops. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
In spesialized I was 52 no in skylon I have Xs with 10cm stem it fit perfect ( I am 1.70cm )
I Merida I was small ( test ride for 1 week )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

deelymc

by deelymc

Thanks for the feedback. I decided to get the small size complete bike from Merlin Cycles. It should be here in a few days and I'm very excited.

Miltmaster3, I think we have the same Rotor 3D crank. Do you know if it is a 30mm BB or does it use adaptors for 24mm? I have a 30mm ALDHU crank I want to install. Also, did you have to cut the seat mast? Thx.
Attachments
67818_time_scylon_tl_aktiv_ultegra_di2_road_bike_ex_display.jpg
67791_time_scylon_tl_aktiv_ultegra_di2_road_bike_ex_display.jpg

by Weenie

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

deelymc wrote:Thanks for the feedback. I decided to get the small size complete bike from Merlin Cycles. It should be here in a few days and I'm very excited.

Miltmaster3, I think we have the same Rotor 3D crank. Do you know if it is a 30mm BB or does it use adaptors for 24mm? I have a 30mm ALDHU crank I want to install. Also, did you have to cut the seat mast? Thx.
Use to have now I have a sram quark!
The rotor was a 30 mm axle (rotor 3d+)
You have to check the axle meter to see if it fit to bb386 evo !

πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Check to see if you have 86.5 mm Image

πατα τραβα ρε

deelymc

by deelymc

Quarq-very nice! I'm using Favero Assiomas.

Yes, it's a BB386 crankset so it should be the right length.

I also plan to upgrade to Shimano 9150. I already have the parts on another bike, but I need to get the RS910 handlebar junction.

I'm hoping to get the weight down to 6.8kg with pedals and cages.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

deelymc wrote:Quarq-very nice! I'm using Favero Assiomas.

Yes, it's a BB386 crankset so it should be the right length.

I also plan to upgrade to Shimano 9150. I already have the parts on another bike, but I need to get the RS910 handlebar junction.

I'm hoping to get the weight down to 6.8kg with pedals and cages.
As you see run with di2 9150 zipp 303 and quark . You have to make a small drill to handle bar to run handle bar junction

πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

I have time handle bar . If you need extra help I am hear

πατα τραβα ρε

tofumann

by tofumann

delete
Last edited by tofumann on Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

tofumann

by tofumann

tofumann wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:53 am
solid ride. not a weight weenie, yet it's something about the TIME LOL

NEW FRAME arrived. pictures will be up as soon as the the parts arrive and built.
Here we go. Finally put it together and put about 120 miles on it... feels solid. This is a different world so i stopped lying to myself that i didn't need a new bike... new technology is cool and thats what makes cycling fun. I was tired of looking at the same bike for three straight years, so I sold one of my kidneys to fund this new ride LOL

This is my first thru-axle bike, first time on Etap and RED AXS gears, first time to try SRAM, first time to try Tubless and first time to try 28mm tires, not the first set of Zipps but very first time to roll on NSW hubs.

Finishing of the this frame does not disappoint, but i have not seen other color schemes in person to compare so I'm bias. The clear coated carbon mixed with flat back and jet-black is quite cool. I love those little triangles on the top tube as I think they are the mountains?

size M with 120 stem hooked on MCFK bar. Zipp NSW 202 (2020 model).

I'm a TIME fanboy....this is my fifth TIME in the past 11 years so if you ask me..go get one!

Thanks to Excel Sports, Contendar and Fairwheels, Merlins. These guys are solid as they customer service is top notch even during the most difficult time. The fore-mentioned guys are great in communications, professional and MUCH BETTER than the ones i've been dealing with from Germany.

Last edited by tofumann on Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Wow very impressed! Art bike

πατα τραβα ρε

kgt

by kgt

It is fantastic indeed!
Can you please take a photo of the plastic headset cup that you slammed your stem on? Were two headset cups included in the kit? I wonder cause I would like to try slam my stem too but I cannot do it on the headset cup I have.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

@kgt: you need the ”slam dedicated” cap with the stem cut out. Didn’t you get that with your frameset?

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Double post (lag issues)

kgt

by kgt

@JKolmo
No, I don't have this one. I will ask my dealer.

JKolmo

by JKolmo

Yeah do that. It’s included (along with the specific headset tension tool etc) when you purchase it as a frameset.

by Weenie