Le club Time

Moderator: Moderator Team

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Yeah I so those too. I'm still reading up on the difference between the iterations. After @maverick_1 comment I started researching the ZXRS too, so I added that to my list :) . Not sure if the exact differences, but it seems like the RXR and RXRS were their racing frames until the introduction of the ZXRS, with the first two being fully lugged, and the latter only having lugged seat stays.

There are a lot of people on forums who complain of TIME bikes being 'flexy'. I'm not concerned by this for a couple reasons. I believe what they deem flex might also appropriately be called liveliness and spring. No doubt *some* power will be lost on a frame with flex BUT one will thereby gain some comfort, liveliness, and have an easier time on rougher roads and long distances. You also don't need to sacrifice race geometry.

Anyway, I'm definitely either a size XL or L. My Cipollini is XL but it's designed with a very short head tube for its size, and my Trek 5200 is a size 60. So first I've got to dial in which TIME I should go for, either a L or XL.

Anyone else have comments or input re: RXR vs RXRS vs ZXRS?

MiddMan

by MiddMan

And yes, Skylon is still on the list; however, I'm really looking for something that will be quite different from my Cipollini. Still racing geo, albeit more compliant ride, more tuned feel in the carbon. (If you want to call it flex go ahead, I'm still interested :) ) I'm about 90kg so I don't want a noodle, as they say, but I woukd like a bit of spring, or *engineered* flex-by-design.

by Weenie

kgt

by kgt

Riders on Time vxrs had won everything, from Paris-Roubaix to Worlds and Olympic Gold, so the lower stiffness in comparison to contemporary standards will not hold you back.
The closest to a Cipollini will be the Scylon which is a super stiff, aero, sprinter's frame, no doubt.

m4k1

by m4k1

to be clear, the rxr and the vxrs are really a bit flexy. the rxr as much as the vxrs. if you don´t have a problem with that i would go for it. the ride quality is superb. they need a strong and steady hand on descends though, but once you are confident with this it´s all good. the vxrs is my favourite descender, no corner is ever too tight

dmgdroid

by dmgdroid

Not sure if this has been shared before, but this is about the first video I saw that really shows how labour-intensive TIME's production is (handlebars and forks). It also briefly shows how the unit looks like after the epoxy injection / RTM process.

https://youtu.be/66ffKebNPbs?t=107

By the way, this shop appears to have a lot of TIME frames on sale, though only listed on their eBay shop and not on their own website. Never use them before so not sure if it's legit. Quite tempted..

nafaiutb

by nafaiutb

That eBay shop has a black & green Izon for sale (it was a custom colour scheme). I bought the same one from a Time dealer in France 4 years ago & my chainstays are different - theirs might be genuine but I know mine is....
Theirs: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TIME-Bici-da ... nav=SEARCH
Mine:
Attachments
C37EEFEA-77B1-4BBE-87D6-A0AD5ED39ABC.jpeg

dmgdroid

by dmgdroid

Interesting, this is theirs.. Most IZONs I saw have RD cable routed externally like yours, but I did find some that have internal routing; two versions?

I did try to drop them a message few days ago but no reply yet..

m4k1

by m4k1

i fitted a zipp vuma quad to my vxrs, only to find out that it is brocken :cry:
but it looked oh so sweet....

plus....here is me with my finished rxr

JLiukkonen

by JLiukkonen

Broken? VXRS or Zipps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
www.rex.fi/en/bike

m4k1

by m4k1

The zipps

kgt

by kgt

Who made the Time crankset? Stronglight?

m4k1

by m4k1

I have the tsx on the rxr. Made by fsa i think.
On the vxrs i have the asx, which was made by stronglight

deelymc

by deelymc

I'm trying to decide between a small or extra small scylon frame. I currently ride a small size Merida Scultura CF4 with a 530 top tube, 74 seat tube angle, 15mm setback, 100mm stem and 70mm reach. It is a little short in the drops but great on the tops. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Merida 7000e 2017 size.png
Time Scylon.png

by Weenie

kgt

by kgt

IMHO both could work but if I were you I would go for the XS with a 110mm stem