Le club Time

Moderator: Moderator Team

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Very sexy bike ! In the Next update put time stem !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

dmgdroid

by dmgdroid

She's an absolute beauty.. Yeah some TIME bar / stem would definitely elevate the aesthetic! I'm also planning mine and was looking at ENVE's bar for a cleaner cockpit, but feel it just doesn't look "right" to me after seeing some pics (Skylon + Enve Aero bar / stem). Ride-wise should also be a better choice, considering the materials..

By the way, how's the saddle clamp working out for you? I can see you have Fizik Arione with braided rails fitted; are they working fine with the original saddle clamps, or do you have to use updated ones?

by Weenie

nachetetm

by nachetetm

kgt wrote:Time moved production to Slovakia in 2019, so every frame made before 2019 is made in France.
Without being certain, maybe this is a sign of recognition: older, made in France frames' label is TIME France (first two photos); newer, like 2020 models, just TIME (last photo).

I think the one you are interested in is made in France.
Keep in mind that in any case all frames follow the same constructions, the machines used to weave the carbon tubes are the same, the RTM proccess is the same etc.
Certainly the status, 'pride', and exclusivity are not the same...
What model is the one in the first photo? I love exposed carbon fiber frames.

kgt

by kgt

It is the Alpe d'Huez 'French edition'. You may take a look at mine:
viewtopic.php?t=155748

steezymark

by steezymark

dmgdroid wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:45 am
She's an absolute beauty.. Yeah some TIME bar / stem would definitely elevate the aesthetic! I'm also planning mine and was looking at ENVE's bar for a cleaner cockpit, but feel it just doesn't look "right" to me after seeing some pics (Skylon + Enve Aero bar / stem). Ride-wise should also be a better choice, considering the materials..

By the way, how's the saddle clamp working out for you? I can see you have Fizik Arione with braided rails fitted; are they working fine with the original saddle clamps, or do you have to use updated ones?
The saddle clamp has been working great so far. I've only done two rides with her and no issues experienced. Perhaps, I'm still in the break in period? I'll post updates in the coming months.

steezymark

by steezymark

miltmaster3 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:46 am
Very sexy bike ! In the Next update put time stem !

Thank you! Definitely do plan on putting a TIME stem eventually.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on which powermeter I should try out? I was looking at the record stages crank arm and thought it would be a nice blend to add. I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steezymark

by steezymark

kgt wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:16 pm
It is the Alpe d'Huez 'French edition'. You may take a look at mine:
viewtopic.php?t=155748
My goodness. First time seeing this post. That's a beauty. Would you ever consider going back to a Scylon? Or is the Alpe d'Huez your preferred choice from here on out?

kgt

by kgt

For me AdH is better. If I were much stronger or if I were riding only flat courses on nice tarmac I would probably prefer the Scylon.

dmgdroid

by dmgdroid

steezymark wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:40 pm
The saddle clamp has been working great so far. I've only done two rides with her and no issues experienced. Perhaps, I'm still in the break in period? I'll post updates in the coming months.
Would be good to know! :thumbup:

MiddMan

by MiddMan

I'm so enamoured with TIME that I'm on the hunt for a new-old-stock frame of theirs. My first choice would be the RXR like below because it's absolutely beautiful and, although not as stiff as newer bikes, will I think offer a nice balanced ride. (Stiffness is not always everything to everyone.) However I don't know if I'll have much luck because I'll need a L or XL. I could probably make either work. The paint job is so awesome.
m4k1 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 8:45 am
finished bike
My second choice would maybe be a first generation Skylon Aktiv (I prefer the paint job) in yellow, or a second generation (Scylon) in edition français colour scheme, also in either XL or L.

Anyway, apart from my colour preference (which is half the battle!) what would you guys say about the RXR vs Skylon Aktiv? How does the ride compare? What are the pros and cons to each frame?

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@MiddMan,
I'm comparing ZXRS vs Scylon Activ, so may not be exactly what you want?

Handling wise, both are equally great especially on the front end. The feel is direct, there's no disconnection of sorts. Confidence inspiring I would say.
The ZXRS seems to be a tad more comfortable especially on longer rides. Not saying the Scylon is uncomfortable though..
As for power transfer, it's rather apparent that the Scylon is a stiffer frameset, definitely a better platform for sprints or short burst of speed.

Can't go wrong with either, so please get both!!

Cheers

kgt

by kgt

maverick_1 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:35 pm
Can't go wrong with either, so please get both!!
8)

MiddMan

by MiddMan

@maverick_1
Your ride report is really helpful, thank you for that. I'm pretty tall so I love to have a solid and planted feel. Especially on the downhill where my weight brings me to speed very fast (and I don't hold back) I like to have a stable descender, and it sounds like TIME is a winner here.

If I a white or red RXR in that awesome colour scheme (in my opinion) I'll pull the trigger. I do love euro flare and some colour pop hence it speaks to me aesthetically. Otherwise like you said, you can't not wrong with a Skylon/Scylon.

Now that TIME has moved production, I'm keen to get one their France frames from last year or earlier. I know that quality is the same, but personally I prefer to support 'local' cycling heritage and jobs with bikes made in France, Italia, USA.

I

kgt

by kgt

A few Time bikes on sale here:
https://www.merlincycles.com/new-catego ... 83fd06537e
(most at size small which is like 53-54)

by Weenie

m4k1

by m4k1