Le club Time

Moderator: Moderator Team

MichaelK

by MichaelK

It's for clearance on larger (160mm) rotors no?

by Weenie

AJS914

by AJS914

If they only made this....

kgt

by kgt

The thing is that they can make this! 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

dmgdroid

by dmgdroid

MichaelK wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:51 pm
It's for clearance on larger (160mm) rotors no?
Mate you are a genius! So I went through this thread and the only mention of similar thing is on the chainstay. But you are right, as Kgt pointed out earlier, carbon tubes don't dent so it is most likely to make room for 160 mm rotor like you said.

I will post a pic of how it works with the wheel (rotor) fitted if I pull the trigger.. Thanks chaps!

kgt

by kgt

Which is the best carbon frame ? Yes, you guessed right! Live on youtube:

kgt

by kgt

In a nutshell:

- frame with no defects, no voids, exceptional manufacturing quality
- RTM: difficult technique that very few can master, more expensive, more exclusive (used in aerospace manufacturing), much less likely to get voids, much stronger than prepreg
- practically perfect bb shell:

- Time Scylon is 'the lick'; the highest quality product that hambini ever tested (including other frames, wheels, components etc.)

:thumbup:

robbosmans

by robbosmans

The fsa crankset on the other hand lol

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

+1
The first time I tried an FSA crankset, back in 2003, was the last one too.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Yeah baby yeah! Wild dog rocks !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

kgt

by kgt

New announcement (bolds are mine):

"Dear TIME Partners,

The ROSSIGNOL Group has just separated from the TIME brand (pedals / frames / bikes / accessories) by selling it to the creators of WhaTTfornow, a new brand of innovative e-bikes. It is with pleasure that we introduce to you François Guers, former R&D Director at Salomon, and Pierre Tognet, both were born in the Northern French Alps. They are the new owners of TIME, supplemented by financial investors, all passionate about cycling.

Very proud of this acquisition of this emblematic brand, their primary ambition to restore TIME to nobility.
Reactivate Innovation and Technology to propose you innovative products: this will be “back to the origin” and big R&D efforts will be made for this purpose.

From September, almost all of the current team will join the team of the start-up WhaTT in Rumilly, in the former premises of the Salomon factory which produced SALOMON skis and MAVIC wheels until 2008.

Together, we will restore TIME DNA and heritage to make it grow again.

Regarding products:

> 2 launches will be made in the coming weeks: the new “Cyclo” pedal and a new XC range
A new project “Top Secret” is also in the boxes of our R&D Team.
> RTM frameworks: R&D will be reinstalled in France and production will continue in our Slovak factory which has all ISO certifications and highly skilled operators.
> Reintroduction of the 4 families of existing frame / bike products:
SCYLON / FLUIDITY / AH 01 / AH21.
> Continuation of 2020 catalog colors in 2021 and additions of new designs which will be unveiled in July.
> Start of R&D for the development of a new high-tech totally new frame that will be launched in 2022.

On after-sales service: no break in service, the person currently handling your files and repears is part of the new team. A new person will be hired.

Our goal is also to revive Time with a reactivated Marketing and Digital Communication plan.

For the whole Time Team, see you soon,

François Guers
President WhaTTfornow & TIME"

JKolmo

by JKolmo

alistaird

by alistaird

kgt wrote:New announcement (bolds are mine):

"Dear TIME Partners,

The ROSSIGNOL Group has just separated from the TIME brand (pedals / frames / bikes / accessories) by selling it to the creators of WhaTTfornow, a new brand of innovative e-bikes. It is with pleasure that we introduce to you François Guers, former R&D Director at Salomon, and Pierre Tognet, both were born in the Northern French Alps. They are the new owners of TIME, supplemented by financial investors, all passionate about cycling.

Very proud of this acquisition of this emblematic brand, their primary ambition to restore TIME to nobility.
Reactivate Innovation and Technology to propose you innovative products: this will be “back to the origin” and big R&D efforts will be made for this purpose.

From September, almost all of the current team will join the team of the start-up WhaTT in Rumilly, in the former premises of the Salomon factory which produced SALOMON skis and MAVIC wheels until 2008.

Together, we will restore TIME DNA and heritage to make it grow again.

Regarding products:

> 2 launches will be made in the coming weeks: the new “Cyclo” pedal and a new XC range
A new project “Top Secret” is also in the boxes of our R&D Team.
> RTM frameworks: R&D will be reinstalled in France and production will continue in our Slovak factory which has all ISO certifications and highly skilled operators.
> Reintroduction of the 4 families of existing frame / bike products:
SCYLON / FLUIDITY / AH 01 / AH21.
> Continuation of 2020 catalog colors in 2021 and additions of new designs which will be unveiled in July.
> Start of R&D for the development of a new high-tech totally new frame that will be launched in 2022.

On after-sales service: no break in service, the person currently handling your files and repears is part of the new team. A new person will be hired.

Our goal is also to revive Time with a reactivated Marketing and Digital Communication plan.

For the whole Time Team, see you soon,

François Guers
President WhaTTfornow & TIME"
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

steezymark

by steezymark

Hey guys! I just wanted to share my new build with the Time Skylon. Thank you all for providing great feedback and advice that led me to finish this build. I already took her out on two rides and I'm in love. I apologize in advance for not taking the best/proper "bikes against a wall" pictures. Still fairly new to the cycling community. Hope everyone has been well. Cheers!

kgt

by kgt

Awesome!
This is a 100% made in France Time btw

by Weenie

steezymark

by steezymark

kgt wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:19 am
Awesome!
This is a 100% made in France Time btw
Glad to hear! Definitely special :D