πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

kgt

by kgt

Back to simplicity in terms of logos and colors:

Let's hope a new Scylon comes soon

LewisK

by LewisK

Nice! Reminds me a little bit of the RXR Ulteam from a few years back, just less in your face!

nafaiutb

by nafaiutb

They do look good but I still wouldn't buy another Time now that they're no longer made in France.

kgt

by kgt

I agree that not made in France is disappointing but still in terms of manufacturing quality these frames are ahead of most others. They still weave their own carbon, they still use the same machinery and technology (RTM), and they still keep their production in Europe (Slovakia) in their own factory.

nafaiutb

by nafaiutb

kgt wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:47 pm
I agree that not made in France is disappointing but still in terms of manufacturing quality these frames are ahead of most others. They still weave their own carbon, they still use the same machinery and technology (RTM), and they still keep their production in Europe (Slovakia) in their own factory.

I agree completely - better Time from Slovakia than anything from the interchangeable made in China/Vietnam brands like Specialized / Pinarello / Trek / Cervelo / BMC / etc. etc.
I just wish (a vain hope I know) that there could be more mainstream brands still made in Europe.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

I'm looking to buy new/used, but am struggling with color choice. Green/black plasma or Graphite with red accents. The graphite looks somewhat dull in the pictures, but it is growing on me. The one I really want is the black label, but I guess that was special order color and I doubt will pop up in the used market anytime soon.

kgt

by kgt

A recent review of Time Osmos 15:
https://road.cc/content/review/268685-t ... s-15-shoes

"Great-looking, super-performing pro-level shoes that put an iconic brand right back at the top of the cycling footwear game"

Kumppa

by Kumppa

nafaiutb wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:54 am
They do look good but I still wouldn't buy another Time now that they're no longer made in France.
Same time people buy just as expensive frames which are made in China/Taiwan and it's ok. Working conditions and labor costs is still way ahead in Slovakia

AdH still surprise how well it's made and you can propably still find these for good price.

JCrider

by JCrider

Finished off the build late Sept after coming back from France where used my 2009 RXR in late August.
Put about 1500km on the new AdH disc in 2 months and this bike just loves to climb and descend. Wheels just keep on pulling on flats.

This bike climbed Mt. Ventoux 3 days in a row from all sides last month, made it to San Fran Bay area, local roads in Marseille and back home around NYC!

Very happy so far. Build came out to 6.7kg without going stupid light.
Attachments
IMG_0353.jpg
IMG_0285.jpg
IMG_3648.JPG
IMG_3603.JPG
IMG_3519.JPG

kgt

by kgt

Beautiful!

JCrider

by JCrider

kgt wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:47 pm
Totaly agree with your statement. It bothered me at first when my new AdH arrrived with made in Slovakia tag but after riding it for 2 months I don't even think about it. I guess the disappointment felt worse because I was not aware of the factory move. The ride quality with vectran tubes still take the AdH very supple and this bike is way too stiff and fast compared to my older Time frames made in France. I am getting many PRs on strava.

I wish Time made these new frames just like some of the Specialized or the new Wilier zero SLR with hidden cables.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

jzinckgra wrote:I'm looking to buy new/used, but am struggling with color choice. Green/black plasma or Graphite with red accents. The graphite looks somewhat dull in the pictures, but it is growing on me. The one I really want is the black label, but I guess that was special order color and I doubt will pop up in the used market anytime soon.
I'm picking up a lightly used Skylon frame in red/ black combo. As with all my bikes, will be going full campy. I've got Bora ultras 35 on my TCR but thinking of going 50s for the Time. Is this a solid choice for rim depth or should I go deeper?

kgt

by kgt

Scylon is an aero frame but 50mm Bora is aero enough IMO. You can go deeper but you will start making compromises in terms of weight, handling etc.

by Weenie

m4k1

by m4k1

found a NOS aliante carbon basically free and put in a 130mm stem