Le club Time

Moderator: Moderator Team

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Any one has any trick to close the hole? It is very annoying for an expensive bike like time not to have the cup for di2 !

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@miltmaster3: You should have received the grommets with your “electric kit” from Time. They have a couple plugs for the downtube mechanical cable ports and grommets for the driveside chainstay exit port for the Di2/EPS wires. The diameters of the wires are different so there are two plugs... one for Di2 and one for EPS. Good luck getting it fitted properly.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Calnago wrote:@miltmaster3: You should have received the grommets with your “electric kit” from Time. They have a couple plugs for the downtube mechanical cable ports and grommets for the driveside chainstay exit port for the Di2/EPS wires. The diameters of the wires are different so there are two plugs... one for Di2 and one for EPS. Good luck getting it fitted properly.
You are right but the di2 kit is sold after market ! The thing is that it is very hard to find it ( the local dealer live in his planet ) so I am trying through e mail to time ( no luck ) to find a e shop to buy !

πατα τραβα ρε

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes, I appreciate that it is sold after market and doesn’t come with the frame. I also know full well how difficult getting something from TIME can be. Took a few weeks for me to get the electric kit. And literally months to get a “new” saddle clamp, which was nothing more than the old one with some grit glued to its surfaces. Where are you located?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Calnago wrote:Yes, I appreciate that it is sold after market and doesn’t come with the frame. I also know full well how difficult getting something from TIME can be. Took a few weeks for me to get the electric kit. And literally months to get a “new” saddle clamp, which was nothing more than the old one with some grit glued to its surfaces. Where are you located?
Greece ! One thought is to put silicone

πατα τραβα ρε

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Sugru would probably work quite well if you wanted to try it. I came very close to going that route myself.
You may try asking kgt to help facilitate your communication with TIME to get the electric kit.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Calnago wrote:Sugru would probably work quite well if you wanted to try it. I came very close to going that route myself.
You may try asking kgt to help facilitate your communication with TIME to get the electric kit.
Nice sugru will do the trick

πατα τραβα ρε

JCrider

by JCrider

miltmaster3 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:15 pm
Plugged in

Are those Time bars? Did you have to get it drilled to installed that bar end Di2 piece?

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

JCrider wrote:
miltmaster3 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:15 pm
Plugged in

Are those Time bars? Did you have to get it drilled to installed that bar end Di2 piece?
Yes 1 small drill !

πατα τραβα ρε

JCrider

by JCrider

Just got my ADH 2019 disc frameset today(custom order with classic Time logo in black & white color). No bloody aktiv boat anchor! Took about 2 months for delivery.

The weight is 1460 for XS(forgot to take off stem cap) Seatpost is 155g.

Have mixed feelings about it. The fit and finish is very good. Not happy that it is no longer made in France! Hopefully it still rides likely the previous Time bikes I own.

Will post in few weeks time when built and tested well.
Attachments
IMG_3107.JPG
IMG_3111.JPG
IMG_3108.jpg
IMG_3112.JPG
IMG_3109.jpg

velov

by velov

Time lost more than half of its work force in Vorepe when Rossignol moved production to Slovakia. Financial necessity, but Time will lose part of its appeal in the near future.
Last edited by velov on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

The start of end ! They have only alp
I don’t know how they will survived with one model and made in Slovakia

πατα τραβα ρε

kgt

by kgt

Slovakia is not China but is not France either. I guess the manufacturing technology (RTM etc.) and quality will be the same but...
Made in France was important to the fans of TIME (like me). For 2020 only Alpe d'Huez 01 and 21 frames. I hope more new models are on the way otherwise TIME's end is near, I am afraid.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

kgt wrote:Slovakia is not China but is not France either. I guess the manufacturing technology (RTM etc.) and quality will be the same but...
Made in France was important to the fans of TIME (like me). For 2020 only Alpe d'Huez 01 and 21 frames. I hope more new models are on the way otherwise TIME's end is near, I am afraid.
+100000000

πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Kumppa

by Kumppa

So AdH was last model which was "real" Time frame. Sad.

Maybe they are starting Slovenian production just with one model and later on get more different frames like new Scylon.