Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Received a PM from a fellow member on the differences comparing TIME ZXRS Vs Scylon (with Activ fork)

I guess it would be better to share it here with fellow TIME owners.

The most apparent difference is the rear end, with the Scylon being stiffer.
Most of us won’t be able to discern this unless you’ve sprinted hard on the ZXRS and ride both bikes back to back.
On the ZXRS it seems there’s a saturation point where the speed incremental stops (my personal feeling). You will not have such sensation when sprinting on Scylon, it just goes IMHO. The difference may or may not have any impact depending on how or with whom you ride your bike with. However if you're the guy who loves sprinting or doing spirited rides, my suggestion is to go for the Scylon. Personally the ZXRS is more towards a Grand Tourer.

Activ fork works great on the Scylon but the ZXRS front end stability and stiffness is excellent as well. Comparing comfort levels to a Colnago C60, huge difference can be felt on the Scylon, with the Scylon winning by a huge margin.
To conclude, the ZXRS front end is great and stiffness is up there with the Scylon. Marginal difference and never lacked of it.

No apparent build quality difference comparing both frames, each is nothing short of excellent (TIME’s hallmark!)

Hope the above answers your question.

Cheers

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Llanberis wrote:Looks lovely Kumppa! French Edition and Ulteam colourway are my favourites on Ad'H. :) How do you find the shifting by the way? I had a similar blend of set-up before (eTap + DZero), no complain and have been quite happy with it. Recently swapped the groupset with EPS and I must say the shifting performance is a huge leap forward. (Only a bit sad that I have to give up Time pedals for other PM pedals as it's my only bike and I need numbers for trainning.)

Ad'H army is dominating, where are fellow Skylon / Scylon owners? :lol:
I want your corima wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

2000m2

by 2000m2

Great info here, and great pictures!

Any input/thoughts or experiences with the Alpe D’Huez vs. Fluidity models and the Aktiv fork? I found a Fluidity Aktiv in my size, but the more I read about them, the Alpe seems to be more for the riding I like to do, even though I no longer race.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

@miltmaster3 - Thanks man, they do offer some nice rides but the weight sits a bit on the heavy end – 47 mm clincher at almost 1600 g!

@22000m2 - I've not ridden either but if you raced before, Ad'H's geometry might be more of your thing? (01 and 21 models have different fibre blends and therefore some stifness difference.) My experience with AKTIV fork's effect have been great so far, but it is certainly not something I can't live without. (Some chaps did mention they've had some reliability issues with theirs, the posts are either few pages back in this thread or in another Time bicycle one.)

2000m2

by 2000m2

Llanberis wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:47 pm
@miltmaster3 - Thanks man, they do offer some nice rides but the weight sits a bit on the heavy end – 47 mm clincher at almost 1600 g!

@22000m2 - I've not ridden either but if you raced before, Ad'H's geometry might be more of your thing? My experience with AKTIV fork's effect have been great so far, but it is certainly not something I can't live without. (Some chaps did mention they've had some reliability issues with theirs, the posts are either few pages back in this thread or in another Time bicycle one.)
Thanks for the heads up on the fork. Neat engineering, but sounds like maybe not worth the trouble if there are issues. Fork could also be swapped out for a regular one if needed though, I suppose.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Non-AKTIV 01 rim brake fork cost 479 € + 50 € paint match. I was thinking about changing fork in March but decided to keep original, at least for now. (+ price was pretty high just to test out)

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Hi All, for those of us that don’t speak French, would appreciate someone doing a summary of this interview and features that future frames might have. Thanks in advance.
IMG_5515.jpg
(Source: Time Facebook page)

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Hi All, found this press release which indicates new colour ways should be coming

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/announc ... ONohOQmLDs

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Jrtyoung wrote:Hi All, found this press release which indicates new colour ways should be coming

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/announc ... ONohOQmLDs

FYI - conductor do marketing for brands like Canyon, Koo eyewear and Rouleur magazine, seem like a good fit for Time Bicycles

https://conductorstudio.com/projects/

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Thanks for sharing this Jrtyoung! The work they did for Canyon is really solid; glad to see Cardinal is pouring resources into reshaping the brand. Really looking forward to the outcome. :D Also they really kept a tight lip about the new model, no rumours at all! Do you guys reckon it would be an aero-at-all-cost frame, or something allround like other brand's recent releases?

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Llanberis wrote:Thanks for sharing this Jrtyoung! The work they did for Canyon is really solid; glad to see Cardinal is pouring resources into reshaping the brand. Really looking forward to the outcome. :D Also they really kept a tight lip about the new model, no rumours at all! Do you guys reckon it would be an aero-at-all-cost frame, or something allround like other brand's recent releases?
Time have recently brought Andy Clark on board as an ambassador for the brand - apparently he’s already requested that a new model have clearance for 30c tyres (apparently the ADH maxes out at 28).

Looking at the majority of bikes released in 2021, a lot of brands seem to have consolidated their aero and climbing bikes - and since Time appear to have a 5yr model lifecycle, anything they release will need to be on trend not just for what is hitting the market now, but emerging trends for future years. Also it will need to drop some weight cause bikes appear to be getting crazy light these days.

My guess:
1. Fresh colours for the 2022 models
2. New Ergodrive bars and monoblock stem that can integrate cables up front.
3. Slight changes to the ADH mould to accomodate integrated cables and increase tyre clearance for 30c
4. Activ forks remain as option, but not a selling feature (to compete on weight)

https://youtu.be/etriIqll7Bc

Perp

by Perp

Finally built

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Not a fan of that stem on Ad'H but super sexy build! :thumbup:

Perp

by Perp

Had some parts around. Still playing with fit though. Just did a 60km break in ride and have to move stuff around a bit lol

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Beautiful!

Final weight?