Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

A new pair of saddle clamp “ears”? Have they modified them or are they just sending you a new pair? Because unless they’ve been modified in some way, I have no use for another set that doesn’t work.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

I am also waiting for a new 'carbon rail' pair of cups. Since they make everything in house it is easy for them to forge a perfect component. Let's see if these are different.
I can affirm that their response was very professional.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

kgt wrote:I am also waiting for a new 'carbon rail' pair of cups. Since they make everything in house it is easy for them to forge a perfect component. Let's see if these are different.
I can affirm that their response was very professional.
Yes they are very good at customer support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

leej88

by leej88

Made some changes to the bike over the span of a year.

Lowered the stem (0.5cm spacer left) and will be cutting the excess steerer tube when I have the time.
Stem:
100mm -> 110mm
Improved handling and felt more comfortable on the drops.

Saddle:
Berk Lupina -> Selle Italia C59 -> Selle Italia Tekno Superflow SP-01 -> PRO Stealth Saddle (Carbon Rail)
The Berk Lupina was comfortable but caused numbness during hard efforts. No amount of fore/aft and tilt adjustment could alleviate that.
The C59 was unbearable for me. Cracked on my 3rd ride despite being under the 90kg weight limit.
The SP-01 had great support and the wider profile suited me but like the C59, was awfully fragile and eventually failed at the rails.
The PRO Stealth was an absolute godsend. Shape was perfect and the wider + shorter front with the center cut out meant that I could get into a more forward position without suffering any numbness.
However, what blew me away the most was how stable and rock solid it felt. The Scylon is a decently stiff frame and with the PRO stealth saddle mounted, felt even stiffer. The lack of saddle flex made for a much more stable on bike feel which was something I really enjoyed.

Brakes:
THM Fibula 2018 -> EE Cycleworks
The latest generation of Fibula brakes were absolutely RUBBISH! Can't stay centered no matter what, fragile carbon return spring. EE's performed well though not as good as the Shimano Ultegra 6800 brakes I had on the bike while I was waiting for the EE's to ship after returning the Fibulas.

Pedals:
TIME Xpresso 15 -> TIME Xpresso 10 -> Garmin Vector 3
Xpresso15's were crap. ceramicspeed bearings failed after approximately 2000kms. The Xpresso 10's were much better. They stayed on my bike for about 7 months before I made the jump to the Garmin Vector 3's.

Power reading and accuracy aside, the Vector 3's feel robust and well built. They are reassuringly rock solid compared to TIME pedals with better bearings.

Wheels:
Lightweight Meilenstein Schwarz 20/20 Tubulars -> ENVE 4.5 SES Clincher (Chris King R45C Campy S.Steel Freehub 2x lacing rear, radial front)

I had the chance to ride a pair of ENVEs for 2 months courtesy of a friend of mine and was absolutely blown away by their ride quality.

Compared to the LWs, they felt:
1. Much more planted
2. Better crosswind handling
3. Stable and rolls over uneven road surfaces way better than the LWs largely due to the wider rim profile and 25mm tyres
4. R45c CK hubs had surprisingly low freewheel drag compared to my LWs (serviced every 1000km with proper tools and grease)
5. Were a tad easier to maintain a certain speed
6. Great for sprinting because of how stable they felt for a bigger guy like me

I've always been a bit of a LW fanboy but I have to say that the ENVEs have them beat in terms of performance, ride quality and handling. Then again, this should not come as a surprise since LWs have an archaic rim profile that's proven to be crap in anything but 0 degree wind conditions. The Narrower rim profile also meant that running wider 25mm made front handling a little squeamish.

kgt

by kgt

Very nice! You just have to remove the yellow stickers from the wheels.
I have a question about the seatpost clamp: Since you have tried a few saddles, how did their rails work with Time's clamp? It seems that the design is not that great and Time has already designed a new clamp. What about yours? Did saddles stay in place with the applied torque? How was the contanct with the rails? Thanks.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

so far my solution
Attachments
tesa,544524_canvas16x9_9.jpg
πατα τραβα ρε

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Let’s hope TIME addresses this with a new clamp.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

havana

by havana

nemomaya wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 am
Hello, I am currently riding a Vittoria corsa g + of 700x23 in my colnago, I would like to change to the Vredestein Senso superior, I see that you have them mounted, how do they work? I can not find information thank you very much
I think it's a great tire. 25mm on 18 mm internal rims, no problem...
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

leej88

by leej88

kgt wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:51 pm
I have a question about the seatpost clamp: Since you have tried a few saddles, how did their rails work with Time's clamp? It seems that the design is not that great and Time has already designed a new clamp. What about yours? Did saddles stay in place with the applied torque? How was the contanct with the rails? Thanks.
kgt wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:51 pm
I always cleaned the saddle clamp area with alcohol and also tried carbon paste but non of it worked.

The clamp has a poor design whereby tightening it causes the saddle tilt angle to change. Not to mention the clamping pieces don't exactly line up and sit well with the saddle rails.

This is particularly unnerving on more expensive boutique/ww saddles.

The PRO saddle is a lot more robust so that wasn't so much of a concern.

However, I still get the occasional creak or two.

As for the 8Nm stated torque value, I find that it's not enough to prevent the saddle from sliding. What I did was apply some skateboard tape over the rails to help with that.

The TIME saddle clamp is definitely i need of a redesign .

kgt

by kgt

Thanks for your reply. I am waiting for a new TIME carbon rail clamp, let's see...

nemomaya

by nemomaya

havana wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 am
nemomaya wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 am
Hello, I am currently riding a Vittoria corsa g + of 700x23 in my colnago, I would like to change to the Vredestein Senso superior, I see that you have them mounted, how do they work? I can not find information thank you very much
I think it's a great tire. 25mm on 18 mm internal rims, no problem...
thanks!!!!

kgt

by kgt

New seatpost clamp cups arrived today and they are rather different. Different shape as well as rail contact surface (it feels like sandpaper). I will post photos later.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Perhaps we could get pics of the old clamp and new clamp side by side. I’m hoping they just haven’t put a “nonskid” patch on the same exact clamp.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com