Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Hey guys, what online dealers do you recommend for purchasing a Time frameset? I'm based in the U.S and absolutely love the Alp d' Huez. It seems like every high end brand frameset is available for a decent price except for Time.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MediumSizedMonster

by MediumSizedMonster

kgt wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:53 pm
Alpe d' Huez limited edition color:

Been hunting a dreambike frame for a while...this seems to fit the bill. My problem with Time has always been the styling but this is very sharp.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

MediumSizedMonster wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:52 pm
kgt wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:53 pm
Alpe d' Huez limited edition color:

Been hunting a dreambike frame for a while...this seems to fit the bill. My problem with Time has always been the styling but this is very sharp.
It is stunning! I shudder to think what the price will be considering the non special edition with the same components goes for $16K!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

kgt

by kgt

Noctiluxx wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:45 am
Hey guys, what online dealers do you recommend for purchasing a Time frameset? I'm based in the U.S and absolutely love the Alp d' Huez. It seems like every high end brand frameset is available for a decent price except for Time.
Many options here:
http://storefinder.time-sport.com/l/lis ... 4576864845
Do you know any of them?

BTW I see an MSRP of $5,150.00 at Wrench Science for the Alpe d' Huez which is cheaper than the Dogma F10 ($5,999.00). Considering the TIME is 100% made in France and the F10 made in China I find the TIME almost... cheap.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

kgt wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:03 pm
Noctiluxx wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:45 am
Many options here:
http://storefinder.time-sport.com/l/lis ... 4576864845
Do you know any of them?

BTW I see an MSRP of $5,150.00 at Wrench Science for the Alpe d' Huez which is cheaper than the Dogma F10 ($5,999.00). Considering the TIME is 100% made in France and the F10 made in China I find the TIME almost... cheap.

I'm in the Los Angeles area and have multiple Time dealers around me. Unfortunately all sell the framesets at full price. I was hoping I could get better pricing similar to Colnago, Bianchi, De Rosa, etc... which can be purchased online for much better prices.

kgt

by kgt

Some TIME dealers have 2017 models on sale. Have you asked?

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Out riding this am. Unbearable heat in Florida. Felt half the ride like I was either having a heart attack, a stroke, heat stroke, or a combination of all of the above!!

Haven’t ridden my RXR much in the last year, so took her out for some miles!!

m4k1

by m4k1

found some cheap lw wheels.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

6.15kg as seen, with Look blade pedals :lol:
Scylon with Activ fork, French Edition.

PS: Sold the C60, sadly the Colnago was simply too harsh for me.
Oh btw the saddle clamp on the Scylon sucks big time :mrgreen:

kgt

by kgt

Beautiful! More and better photos please.
(do you have the new carbon clamp or the old one?)

MiddMan

by MiddMan

Yeah, so... I think my next bike is gonna be a TIME.

@dgasmd, love that RXR colour and set up. @m4k1, beautiful classic and perfect proportions. @maverick_1, the Scylon is on my shortlist :)

dgasmd

by dgasmd

maverick_1 wrote:Sold the C60, sadly the Colnago was simply too harsh for me.
Oh btw the saddle clamp on the Scylon sucks big time
*Gorgeous for sure and very nice weight too. Would loose more weight with a different stem and bars, but super nice at mid 13lb!! Guessing a medium size?

Funny you say the C60 was harsh. My RXR, while very different to your bike, feels like riding a pillow compared to the C60, which feels like a pillow compared to my LOOK 595 Ultra. I’m not a powerful rider, but even I can feel the flex in a XS RXR frame compared to the C60 and especially the LOOK. I hear from many those issues have been considerably addressed on the Scylon and not the case anymore. Can you give us a more detailed opinion on that compared to the C60??

Can you elaborate on the clamp issues??

kgt

by kgt

I am also curious in which sense the Scylon is more comfortable than the C60 as Scylon is supposed to be the less comfortable Time ever.

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@MiddMan,
You can’t go wrong with a Scylon, that’s for sure :)

@dgasmd,
I currently have 3 Time models with me, the VXRS, ZXRS and now the Scylon.
Over the past couple of years, I’ve ridden a couple of carbon bikes.
I would rate the stiffness level as follows:
Scylon/C60/Cipo RB1k > ZXRS/Colnago President >Serotta Meivici/ Colnago C50> VXRS

I am guessing the stiffness level on a 45s geo C60 to be close to the Scylon (size XXS).
I can’t detect any flex (if not any) on the C60. The front end is harsh as hell (IMHO), and close to unbearable when mounted with LW STD wheelset using a 22mm Conti Comp tubular. The Scylon on the other hand although equally as stiff, the front end is a lot more composed and comfortable. I’m guessing the Activ fork works as how it’s intended to be.

The clamp issues on the Scylon is apparently a well known problem (there’s a thread in WW on that topic)
The clamp design may only suit certain makes/models. On the Selle Italia SLR carbon rail, upon mounting the rail onto the saddle clamp, you will have noticeable gaps between the rail and clamp surface which results in the saddle moving while you’re on your bike. Tightening torque increased to 8Nm but similar problem still occurs.

@kgt,
Currently fitted with the old carbon clamp, but according to @Calnago there isn’t any changes between both except for some adhoc modification by TIME to roughen up the surface?

kgt

by kgt

Yes, correct, it is just a matter of a rougher surface on the new clamp but it works fine (at least with my SLR carbonio).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com