Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Perp

by Perp

Anyone know what the max rim / tire clearances are for ADH disc? Thinking of building one up next. Hoping it can be built up sub 7kg with Super Record or Record groupset, THM crank, and ~1300g clinchers with hopefully 28s if they fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
πατα τραβα ρε

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

πατα τραβα ρε

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Niiccceeeee :)
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

πατα τραβα ρε

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Oh my world, that was quick! That red bar tape is a really good match I think; makes the whole build look fire!

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

Ok ! What could by better than my rim disk ( I was thinking) but but my lord it is stiff stiff as hell!!!!!! The axle make big difference!!!!!!!! And I was right the active fork it is not for me !!!!! The bike turns like a Ferrari !!!!! The weight is 7860 kg ( the wheel is 1800 kg) I am very happy ! Many thanks to my master engineer Bob anions

πατα τραβα ρε

par

by par

miltmaster3 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 pm

Nice bike !!! :thumbup:

Perp

by Perp

I ordered an Alpe d'Huez disc frameset. I plan to put SR12 mechanical on it, but can't decide on a crank. I was looking at Rotor Aldhu carbon or Super Record crank. I'm not sure if Rotor is compatible with 12 speed or which axle to pick. Their offset one (for disc bikes) would have a chain line of 46mm (vs 43.5mm on the standard). Campy has a chain line of 44.5mm. Any one know if Rotor will work and which axle to pick?

Frame is still weeks away, but I have most of the groupset already. Just need crank, rotors, and BB

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

This is your bbImage
For me go for 30mm axle diameter

πατα τραβα ρε

Perp

by Perp

miltmaster3 wrote:This is your bbImage
For me go for 30mm axle diameter

It's the length I'm concerned about. The offset is 5mm longer, so moves the chaining out to 46mm vs 43.5mm and q factor to 152mm from 147mm.

I'm just not sure which work with campy drivetrain. I may just get super record crank.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

droitaubut

by droitaubut

On the time fluidity rim brake, what we actual tyre clearance be? I guess officially its 28mm, but 28mm clinchers could easily measure 30-31 mm. Assuming the brake calipers can take this, can the seat stays/frame at the rear end? Looking forward to hear back on your experiences.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

For AdH it's actual 28 mm so 25 mm clinchers on wide rim is pretty much max. As far I know clearance is almost same for all current rim brake models.
Perp wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:50 pm
I ordered an Alpe d'Huez disc frameset. I plan to put SR12 mechanical on it, but can't decide on a crank. I was looking at Rotor Aldhu carbon or Super Record crank. I'm not sure if Rotor is compatible with 12 speed or which axle to pick. Their offset one (for disc bikes) would have a chain line of 46mm (vs 43.5mm on the standard). Campy has a chain line of 44.5mm. Any one know if Rotor will work and which axle to pick?

Frame is still weeks away, but I have most of the groupset already. Just need crank, rotors, and BB
I would get SR crankset to get best performance. Rotor would be a full compromise for chain line and chainrings options / shifting. Plus full Campa looks always better than Campagnolo with Rotor crankset. :D

Just upgraded my rim brake AdH with mech SR12 and shifting is impressive after Red22.

Perp

by Perp

Kumppa wrote:For AdH it's actual 28 mm so 25 mm clinchers on wide rim is pretty much max. As far I know clearance is almost same for all current rim brake models.
Perp wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 8:50 pm

I would get SR crankset to get best performance. Rotor would be a full compromise for chain line and chainrings options / shifting. Plus full Campa looks always better than Campagnolo with Rotor crankset. :D

Just upgraded my rim brake AdH with mech SR12 and shifting is impressive after Red22.
I wrote rotor an email asking this. They officially say 12s is not supported. They said I'll get more chain noise and possibly rubbing. I'll get the campy crank

Thanks! I'll post pics once everything arrives.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Keeping this thread alive with a somehow related news: 3T is doing their own version of RTM frames, very interesting.

https://blog.3t.bike/2021/06/17365/fram ... ming-home/
With the use of dry fiber we can create more complex parts, integrating different types of fibers and add reinforcements where needed. It also gives us a perfect match between the different preforms that compose a bike frame.
With pre-impregnated carbon, you have to place the pre-formed frame into a cold mold. Otherwise, the resin starts to react as it hits the mold, before you’ve finished placing the whole frame. Then you need to heat up the mold, cure the resin, and then cool the mold down. After all that, you can start to produce the next frame.

This cycle of heating and cooling is time- and energy-intensive. That means it is also costly, both in energy consumption and because a long cycle time means you need more molds to reach a certain production volume.

When you use dry fiber, you can stick it into a hot mold and nothing happens. Then you close the mold and inject the resin, at which point the resin starts the curing process. So you can produce frame after frame without having to cool down the mold and heat it up again.
What do you guys think? Time's experience with RTM is still ahead of its competitors I think, including their unique blend of different fibres (vectran / kevlar / basalt), but perhaps it's only a matter of time other manufacturers (who want to produce quality frames obviously) catch up on this.

That weave looks familiar.. :) One more European-made quality frame is definitely a welcomed addtion.

Below is Time's own diagram of RTM process.
Attachments
RTM 1.png
RTM 2.png

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com