Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Kumppa

by Kumppa

That countdown was released by distrubutor, not official Time. It was for a youtube video.

Purple 21 frame was already out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Llanberis

by Llanberis

It's been a long winter..

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Nice build! Going to use LW wheels or something else?

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Thank you. :beerchug: Yeah I parted way with my MCC's; I love the ride but they're just a bit heavy (north of 1600 g!). But I do think they are incredibly stiff, even more responsive than Meilenstein's.

Jacobbkk1

by Jacobbkk1

openwheelracing wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:26 pm
So I got tired of loosening cap under BB to drain water. I drilled a small hole on the cap itself. Hopefully that works. I definitely don't like the design.

Also, I hope someone can help me determine if the correct ferrules are used in my build.
Hello openwheelracing,

Curious whether the hack with drilling a hole in the triangular cap improved drainage.

I'm also struggling with drainage in my 2021 Alpe d'Huez. If the cable guide is fitted exactly in its place and tightened, there it very little drainage. I can hear water sloshing around if I shake the bike after a rainy ride or a full wash.

Loosening the screw helps, but the drainage it allows is not sufficient in my opinion. I've removed the bottom bracket for cleaning after 10 000 km and it was a swamp in there.

I'm seriously considering drilling a drain hole in the frame. Is that a bad idea? 😉

Jacob

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Jacobbkk1 wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:22 am
openwheelracing wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:26 pm
So I got tired of loosening cap under BB to drain water. I drilled a small hole on the cap itself. Hopefully that works. I definitely don't like the design.

Also, I hope someone can help me determine if the correct ferrules are used in my build.
Hello openwheelracing,

Curious whether the hack with drilling a hole in the triangular cap improved drainage.

I'm also struggling with drainage in my 2021 Alpe d'Huez. If the cable guide is fitted exactly in its place and tightened, there it very little drainage. I can hear water sloshing around if I shake the bike after a rainy ride or a full wash.

Loosening the screw helps, but the drainage it allows is not sufficient in my opinion. I've removed the bottom bracket for cleaning after 10 000 km and it was a swamp in there.

I'm seriously considering drilling a drain hole in the frame. Is that a bad idea? 😉

Jacob
The hole in the triangular cap did improve drainage, but it is a very slow drain. I wash my bike at least once a month. I don't think about it anymore. Next morning I see a small puddle below BB. You do need to ensure the hole is unclogged. My shop also gave me a rubber grommet that keeps some water from getting into FD cable hole. I also don't spray directly on any opening of the frame. Hope that helps.

purplecu22

by purplecu22

is there a weight limit on the ISP time rxrs ulteam frames?

RDY

by RDY

Interesting that there's still been nothing from Time. Supposedly one and potentially two new bikes were ready to launch before the end of 2021, and that was according to one of their reps in October. Maybe orders for the new paintjobs have been solid and they decided to delay.

CompositeManne

by CompositeManne

RDY wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:25 pm
Interesting that there's still been nothing from Time. Supposedly one and potentially two new bikes were ready to launch before the end of 2021, and that was according to one of their reps in October. Maybe orders for the new paintjobs have been solid and they decided to delay.

Yes. distributor, newly developed bike incoming shortly.

velov

by velov

Relegated to donkey duties

jmagoulas

by jmagoulas

Build starting to come together.

Kingstonian

by Kingstonian

Nice - keep the pics coming.

andreasreichl

by andreasreichl

dear weight weenies,

my name is andreas from linz/austria. i am new here. i do love riding bikes and especially like going uphill, on the flat and without colleagues it can be a bit boring to me.

since years i wanted to get a time-frame, but it never worked out. right now i do have a good option to buy a alpe d'huez frame (rim brake), which i really like, but i am not sure about the sizing, as i am between size s and xs. unfortunately i do not have the opportunity to testride the two sizes. a time dealer contacted via mail says also, that i could go for both, and suggests me more size s, as it would be more comfortable. from a optical and asthetical point of view (i know, this should not influence too much, although it does, especially spending a lot of money), it seems to me, as if in case of the size s frame, the length of shown seatpost would me on the lower end of what should be desireable.

i am 172cm of height, inseam of 79cm, between 63 and 65kg heavy, 40 years of age. i suspect, that my flexibility is medium, maybe a little bit on the more flexible site. more info on my current bikes are below.

i would be very thankful, if you could give me your opinion or suggestions. (sorry for that much text info.)
thanks a lot and all the best,
andreas

---
some more info: bottom bracket to top of the saddle 69/70cm. saddle to handlebar drop on the most bikes between 5 and 7cm.
my current bikes are the following:
- fondriest tf zero in xs, tt horizontal of 525mm, seat tube angle 74,8° (some data says 74,5, others 74,8 and again others 75), headtube 125mm, headset 15mm + 10mm spacer, stem 6°, 100mm. for me it seems the bikes fits me quite good, sometimes, especially out of the saddle and going uphill i could be a little bit longer and higher at the front.
- ridley x-night canti in size 50, tt horizontal of 530mm, seat tube angle 74°, headtube 105mm, headset 15mm + 15 or 20mm spacer, stem 6°, 90mm. feels good, of course more wheelbase, steering not that fine as the tf zero. for longer distances not perfect, but that's at least to me normal, it is a cyclecrosser
- look 595, size s, tt horizontal 530mm, seat tube angle 74,5°, headtube 125mm, headset 15mm + 7mm spacer, stem 8°, 100mm, feels and i suspect it is a little lower and longer than the tf zero, although i have to say, that i have not ridden it enough, as i mounted it last autumn
- ridley helium (actually no mounted), size xs, tt horizontal 525mm, seat tube angle 74, headtube 130mm, headset 10mm, spacer 7mm, stem 6°, 100mm or 110mm. the bike fitted quite okay, sometimes thought and wished it could be a little little bit bigger
- and a sold tarmac sl2 in size m was feeled too long for me
---

m4k1

by m4k1

Die oberrohrlängen deiner anderen bikes würden richtung xs deuten

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

andreasreichl

by andreasreichl

naja, ganz so einfach ist es leider nicht - befürchte ich zumindest. das alpe d'huez hat einen doch deutlich flacheren sitzrohrwinkel als die anderen räder, jedoch eine zero setback stütze (auf den anderen räder rund um 20mm setback), wodurch der oberrohrlängen unterschied doch deutlich "korrigiert" wird - wenn ich es trigonometrisch richtig berechnet habe.