Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

nikospeed

by nikospeed

As long as you have put in the expander-replacement tube (which you have as it looks) before tightening the stem, you should be good

briwesty

by briwesty

Hello,
Been reading this forum for the last several weeks as I began the research, purchase and build of my new Alpe D'Huez 01; this is my first post.
The build is now complete, check it out if you like.
I have gotten a few rides in and it is nothing short of spectacular!
Attachments
ADH 01 09242022.jpg
ADH 01 Build Specs.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Briwesty, that's a beauty! My favorite ADH color.

What do people think about the ADHX as a road bike? The geometry looks good to me. The weight is up there but it's still about the same weigh as my Colnago C59. My only concern with the frame weight would be that the frame doesn't feel springy and fast.

I love the gloss cobalt on the ADHX and I want my next road bike to be able to take maybe 30mm tires that might stretch out to 34mm on modern width rims.

deelymc

by deelymc

I have a seized expander tube. I think salt got in there and now it won't budge. Any ideas on how to get it out? I've tried pulling on the bars and using the headset as a lever but the headset is stuck...Maybe some solvent?

nikospeed

by nikospeed

I'd try WD40. Spray between expander tube and stem (or top spacer) and let it work its magic for 1-2hrs...then gently knock the stem from below

deelymc

by deelymc

I'll give it a try.

The original top cap on the expander came off so I put a handlebar cap in it. If I take off the cap and turn the bike upside down I think I could soak it in warm water...

andreasreichl

by andreasreichl

hi,
i am 172cm with inseam of 79/80cm. i opted for the size XS and i am very happy with it. S would have been a little bit too long for me. TIME measures the length of the top tube as well as the seat tube angle slightly different (as far as i read in this and other forums and measured by myself), which results in an longer top tube/reach as indicated in the geometry tables. of course i could have used a shorter stem and so size S could have worked out too.
best regards,
andreas
Buzaow wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:43 am
Hi, I'm also about to pull the trigger on an Alpe d'Huez 01, size S.
I'm 170cm and already own a Canyon Ultimate in size XS. It's a bit to small but does the job according to me fitter.

Do you think size S could fit me?

nikospeed

by nikospeed

Just a few more carbon p*rn pics from my ride today :-D
The Schmolke/THM stem aligns perfectly with the 01 seatpost but I had to modify the headset bearing cap to make it fit with a 5mm spacer.
Attachments
20221113_130224.jpg
20221113_130231.jpg
20221113_130835.jpg

MichaelK

by MichaelK

Very nice. Maybe you can get @Lucendi to print you a more integrated dust cover/spacer solution?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=169183&start=120#p1774334

nikospeed

by nikospeed

MichaelK wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:50 pm
Very nice. Maybe you can get @Lucendi to print you a more integrated dust cover/spacer solution?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=169183&start=120#p1774334
Great idea! Wouldn't need a spacer solution but a more carved-out dust cover would be cool as there are also other stems that tend to collide with the backside of the dust cover when they are built a bit bulkier. Maybe one could even do a simple circular cover, leaving the "ramp" into the TT w/o cover. IMO there's no need to cover that area anyway...

Kumppa

by Kumppa

Back in the days I was considering THM or Time stem for my AdH. Went for Time but THM looks also really nice! This frame needs a massive stem and nice to see one cool option.

alistaird

by alistaird

This thread reminds me I must get back to cycling again and finish my ZXRS....

A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

eugenechristophe

by eugenechristophe

Hi all!

I've got the chance to take an Alpe d'huez21, white pearl, at a good price. My doubt is that I'm 178 tall, and the frame that offered to me is an S size.

I compare the measures of this frame with my own bike (tarmac Sl5 size 54), and all the measures are equal, except the reach (384 for the Tarmac, 373 for the Time), so, do you think this woul fit good? When I see the measures of the M size, this frame goes too big for me in my opinion.

Anyway, it would be on rim version, I preffer the 01, but it's impossible for me to find in rim brakes version.

And, if you could say your feedback about de 21 Alpe d'huez I really aprecciate it. I want this bike for racing this seasson, and I don't know if the 21 is a good option for this.

Thanks.

nikospeed

by nikospeed

Looks like a good fit IMO, just take a 10mm longer stem or 10mm longer bar.
FWIW - I (177cm, 713mm saddle height) am on a S 01

velov

by velov

Medium AdH21 Disc
Had the frame sitting around for way too long so just built it up with spare random left-over parts. I might actually end up keeping the Juin Tech on it, working really well so far but I also live in a very flat area.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com