Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

m4k1

by m4k1

i don´t really like it...the flair the brand had with the vxrs and the rxr(s) won´t come back i guess...
i´m sure though that it´s a great frame

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I am just not sold in the looks alone. Color combo is OK at best. This may be a magnificently performing bike, but ht looks of it is something we all buy. Looks generic, sort of like the new LOOK Huez does too. I'll wait for real life reviews before making any further judgements though. Who knows. Maybe this is the next bike slated for The Heard!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

That paintwork reminds me of early generation Cervelos... Sorry I'm not gonna go for a bike that looks like this no matter how good it is. It's lighter than the other models but the weight is not fantastic low.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

kgt

by kgt

You can customize the paintwork so that is not an issue. Weight is not very low but ultralight was never Time's main priority.

m4k1

by m4k1

Time should have kept at least one lugged model in its catalog. Something modern lugged like colnago has with the c60. A modern version of the vxrs for example

kgt

by kgt

That would be nice but Time's market share is unfortunately very limited.
They obviously have cut their expenses a lot in order to survive. 100% made in France at such high standards does not come cheap... I personally admire their determination.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

kgt wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:14 pm
That would be nice but Time's market share is unfortunately very limited.
They obviously have cut their expenses a lot in order to survive. 100% made in France at such high standards does not come cheap... I personally admire their determination.
Couldn't agree more. Still, eliminating a lugged frame has also put them in the "generic" category of other makers. LOOK went through the same. I am intrigued about this bike, but need a few others to take the plunge first :D :lol: :lol:

What was the advertised weight for it? I missed it somehow. Also, the price for the frameset. Has it being released? Didn't see it anywhere unless I again missed the obvious.

Liked the red/white one if the seat post was white or a combo of the frame color. In black just makes it out of place to me. I know....... :roll:

nafaiutb

by nafaiutb

dgasmd wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:31 pm
What was the advertised weight for it?
6.2 kg I think

dgasmd

by dgasmd

What was the advertised weight for it?
6.2 kg I think
I was referring to the frame set only: frame, fork, and any other parts that are included like seat post, etc.

AJS914

by AJS914

I wonder if Time will be able to call the new frame the alpe d'huez in the US. There was a Lemond alpe d'huez (owned by Trek I guess). Or maybe Lemond owns the intellectual property? And Time currently makes Lemond's bike so maybe it was an easy deal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FilmAt11

by FilmAt11

The carbon weave is nice, and there isn't a kink in the top tube, but too much slope IMO