Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

m4k1

by m4k1

Wie ich das verstehe produziert der flache sitzwinkel in verbindung mit der 0mm stütze die selbe Sitzposition wie steiler winkel und 15mm stütze. Die oberrohrlänge bleibt in beiden fällen gleich. Verstehst du was ich meine?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

m4k1

by m4k1

Aber vielleicht täusche ich mich nach weiterer überlegung. Hm. Probieren wäre halt echt das beste

JKolmo

by JKolmo

I have quite similar size as you however a tad longer legs and shorter torso - 171cm short, inseam 82.5cm, 64-66 kg, BB-saddle top around 72.6cm. My AdH 01 is size S. Obviously I need a tad more exposed seatpost than you and consequently I run a short 90mm stem. I could probably live with an XS but it would likely result in a need for a spacer tower (I consider myself mid to high flexible for my age 52) and a massive amount of exposed seatpost. And don’t forget that with the Time seattube angle your saddle will move a bit more/faster backwards when you raise the saddle compared to ”normal” seattube angled frames. So with an XS you will move your saddle further backwards compared to an S (if that makes sense) but again your TT will be shorter.

andreasreichl

by andreasreichl

m4k1 and JKolmo: thanks a lot to both of you for your opinion!

@m4k1: yes, the slacker/shallower seat tube angle leads to the substitution of the setback of the seat post. but as the whole seat tube is inclined a little bit less than with a 74 or 74,5° angle, the horizontal top tube length (for example at the height of lets say 51cm) would not end that far forward (at the steerer tube). the "reach" of the adh-frames in s (374) and xs (373) is significantly less than for example at the fondriest tf zero (380) in xs but similar to the ridley helium in xs i rode the last years (375). but i also have to say, that i am no sure, if my "calculations" are accurate and what all that means in terms of real riding feeling. of course it would be the best to have a test ride on both sizes, unfortunately this is not possible.

@ JKolmo: yes, we do have quite similar size, i also tend to the size s. can you measure and tell me the distance of your s frame from center of bottom bracket to end of the top tube. center bb to center tt should be 470 as stated in the geometry chart. and concerning the special seat tube angles. i strongly suspect, that the saddle moves stronger further backwards with the size s frame (73°), than the xs-frame (73,7°), because of the difference of the seat tube angles, if i understand that correct.

m4k1

by m4k1

May ask the same question in the tour forum before it shuts down in two weeks.
Lot of knowledge there too

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

Hi All,

Just ordered a new frame, the lead time was advised as 8wks at checkout - anyone have recent experience how accurate this is with supply chain delays from COVID?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JKolmo

by JKolmo

andreasreichl wrote:m4k1 and JKolmo: thanks a lot to both of you for your opinion!

@m4k1: yes, the slacker/shallower seat tube angle leads to the substitution of the setback of the seat post. but as the whole seat tube is inclined a little bit less than with a 74 or 74,5° angle, the horizontal top tube length (for example at the height of lets say 51cm) would not end that far forward (at the steerer tube). the "reach" of the adh-frames in s (374) and xs (373) is significantly less than for example at the fondriest tf zero (380) in xs but similar to the ridley helium in xs i rode the last years (375). but i also have to say, that i am no sure, if my "calculations" are accurate and what all that means in terms of real riding feeling. of course it would be the best to have a test ride on both sizes, unfortunately this is not possible.

@ JKolmo: yes, we do have quite similar size, i also tend to the size s. can you measure and tell me the distance of your s frame from center of bottom bracket to end of the top tube. center bb to center tt should be 470 as stated in the geometry chart. and concerning the special seat tube angles. i strongly suspect, that the saddle moves stronger further backwards with the size s frame (73°), than the xs-frame (73,7°), because of the difference of the seat tube angles, if i understand that correct.
48.8 cm center BB to top of top tube/seat tube exit!

andreasreichl

by andreasreichl

thanks a lot!

andreasreichl

by andreasreichl

m4k1 wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:40 pm
May ask the same question in the tour forum before it shuts down in two weeks.
Lot of knowledge there too
Thanks for the suggestion. In the last two days I have read nearly all the commentaries in the "neue Time Galerie". And I have seen some of your bikes - really great ones for sure! For some reason I struggled in the past to make commentaries. I have to give it another try.

But why does I shut down? That would be really awful, I appreciate the forum a lot!

m4k1

by m4k1

Der verlag schließt es. Gibt eh ein thema

Brodie88

by Brodie88

TIME teasing a new model on Facebook?

jmagoulas

by jmagoulas

Gravel bike!

jmagoulas

by jmagoulas

Oh baby! My Look gravel frame is going up for sale.

HBE

by HBE

Hello Time owners.
I'm in the proess of getting a Time Scylon 2022 frameset. I've been in e-mail chat with Time customer service and I've been looking closely in to the bike geometry for the correct size. I notice that size xs and small can both work for me but I find the Stack in size small bit too high when compared to my current setup.
Currently I'm riding Look 785 Huez RS in size small with slammed -17 degree 100mm stem and when comparing it with Scylon XS the stack, the stack of time is about 10mm lower but size S is 10mm higher, that was my deciding factor on Size XS frame. They dont really have too spessific information on their website so its best to ask to individuals who own a Scylon frame.
I'd like to know more about the Seatpost of scylon 2022 frame. How long is it? Is it long enough for 70.5cm bottom bracket to top of the saddle on XS frame?
Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com