Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

kgt

by kgt

Time frames are unique, in many ways.
Their exceptional manufacturing quality is really rare nowadays and their pro racing heritage is also important. They hand-make everything in France (even weave their own carbon tubes) and keep being innovative (Aktiv vibration dampening technology, RTM molding, etc.)

This year Time celebrates its 30th birthday. This is my Skylon:

So, show us your Times!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Are they still using that very proprietary Quikset Headset system? With threads bonded to the fork, and special tools required for its removal and adjustement? Hope not.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

kgt

by kgt

Yes they do. It's simple, smooth, safe and it works great.

td100

by td100

Calnago wrote:Are they still using that very proprietary Quikset Headset system? With threads bonded to the fork, and special tools required for its removal and adjustement? Hope not.

What special tools? 2 allen keys work as advised by the Time UK importer

Here's my Skylon
Attachments
IMG_0015.jpg
Colnago C59 Italia
Fondriest TF2 1.0
Time Skylon

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice skylon @td100. And yes, that's exactly what I did when working on the bike... used a couple of 2mm Allen keys in an attempt to loosen up the headset from those threads which had gotten quite corroded from the elements and sweat. Not the best fitting "tools" for sure but it was all I had that would work short of tracking down and buying their proprietary tools for the job, which they have available somewhere I understand. Using Allen Keys is not the best if it is at all "stuck" as I hate damaging the finish even in the slightest. But it was an older bike and the headset was pretty seized. It's a nice bike. I took pics. I'll post some of them up here when I sit down to that sort of thing next.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

maverick_1

by maverick_1

Here's my 11 year old VXRS Ulteam, purchased back Nov 2006.
6.2kg as seen with LW Fernweg, 5620gr with LW Obies

maverick_1

by maverick_1

RXR Ulteam and the ZXRS..
Bike on the right belongs to fellow weightweenie, jimaizumi

m4k1

by m4k1

bad pic but...my vxrs worldstar

mrgray

by mrgray

oh boy! some very nice bikes posted up and my favourite might be Maverick_1's. White frame and fernwegs plus the rainbow stripe is really something i think.

how does it handle?
Bobo S&S Steel Bike - 7.5 kg
Oltre XR2- 6.6 kg
Look 585 - 6.8 kg
Look 695 SR :D

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@mrgray,

Loving the ride on the VXRS! The Fernwegs are superb on this setup, riding on the flats couldn't be easier :)
Visually may not appeal to most ppl as it's a tad too deep, but great riding nonetheless. The Ventoux will look more appropriate perhaps.
Handling on the VXRS can be a little nervous especially on the front end, but having had the frame for the past 10 over years I've gotten used to it..

Overall the VXRS is definitely a keeper, and so is the ZXRS :mrgreen:

AJS914

by AJS914

My VXS:

Construction is very high grade. The three Time bikes that have passed through my hands have impressed me. If I weren't so in love with my Colnago I'd be looking for another Time.

AJS914

by AJS914

double post.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com