Le club Time

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

velomane

by velomane

Thanks Llanberis, that is helpful. I'll post a pic as soon as I figure out how.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

velomane

by velomane

Here are the parts.

I don't know what the parts on the left are for. On the right, I know the two metal pins are for adjusting the headset, the four small plugs are for the holes after removing the downtube shift adjusters. The others, no idea. I tried sticking the clear rubber cone into the hole at the back of the chainstay where the Di2 wire comes out but it seems like an odd fix.

Any ideas folks?

Llanberis

by Llanberis

The parts on the left are for rim brake frames.

The white tubing is for FD shifting cable (used between frame and FD).

On Scylon / skylon model, those two big grommets between Quickset levers in the picture are for Di2 / EPS wire holes in top tube and seat tube (below FD hanger), not sure if it's the case for Fluidity..

Oh and we need to see your new frame!

JKolmo

by JKolmo

An asortment of donut frame protectors for brake- and gear cables + plugs for electrical wiring frame holes when not using electric gearing + gear cable collapsable rubber grommets for sealing gear cable frame exit holes?

JKolmo

by JKolmo

...also the smallest donuts on the left are for rear brake cable housing to be positioned at frame entry and exit holes so as to avoiding cable housing from slipping in and out from frame (since rear brake housing shall be lined in one piece and the frame has no housing stops).

velomane

by velomane

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the help. Yes, the Fluidity also has the top tube and seat tube holes for Di2 cables. I will happily post a pic once the build is complete.

AJS914

by AJS914

Is anyone ridding the Alpe d'Huez 21? Has anyone done a direct comparison to the 01?

I can get a new rim brake 21 for about $1800 shipped. It seems like a tremendous bargain on a Time frame. And the blue is finally a color I can get on board with.

Last edited by AJS914 on Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jrtyoung

by Jrtyoung

AJS914 wrote:Is anyone ridding the Alpe d'Huez 21? Has anyone done a direct comparison to the 01?

I can get a new rim brake 21 for about $1800 shipped. It seems like a tremendous bargain on a Time frame.

Do you mean comparison of features or ride?

I don’t own either, can’t comment on ride quality, but feature differences are:

1. 21 has a “conventional seat post collar” vs 01 which has a “plate” to reduce weight
2. 21 has a raised “neck” at the headset, and uses the standard Time Quickset threaded headset, while the 01 has a scalloped steerer tube to enable a more aggressive fit
3. The 01 uses some different materials in the weave which makes it a little stiffer and lighter

$1800 is an amazing price, well done on negotiating it... maybe I could use your skills next time I need to buy a new car Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Just received a 21 with R8000 groupset. Rim brake. I am in love.

miltmaster3

by miltmaster3

openwheelracing wrote:Just received a 21 with R8000 groupset. Rim brake. I am in love.
Enjoy! Welcome to time club

πατα τραβα ρε

openwheelracing

by openwheelracing

Few pics.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210315-194115.png
PXL_20210314_212549380.jpg
PXL_20210314_201121527.jpg

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Beautiful! And nice Milwaukee workbench. :thumbup:

JLiukkonen

by JLiukkonen

Le patent. You know that situation when you have VXRS and LW gen III, but french and germans just aren't willing to do it together. Just add spacers and voilá!

www.rex.fi/en/bike

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Full picture pleade love the vxrs
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

Jrtyoung wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:09 pm
Do you mean comparison of features or ride?

I don’t own either, can’t comment on ride quality, but feature differences are:

1. 21 has a “conventional seat post collar” vs 01 which has a “plate” to reduce weight
2. 21 has a raised “neck” at the headset, and uses the standard Time Quickset threaded headset, while the 01 has a scalloped steerer tube to enable a more aggressive fit
3. The 01 uses some different materials in the weave which makes it a little stiffer and lighter

$1800 is an amazing price, well done on negotiating it... maybe I could use your skills next time I need to buy a new car Image

1. - I don't care about the weight difference. I'm already a 195 pounder so saving 100 grams here and there isn't a huge priority.

2. - I don't need a more aggressive fit, so the 21 should work fine. The geo chart looks good. In a size Large I could probably run it without spacers. A Medium would probably fit as well with a couple of spacers.

3. - still wondering how much difference in ride there is and if anyone has ridden both.

price - that's the regular sale price at bellatisport and I wouldn't have to pay VAT. The 01 is $3050 there. I'm not sure if it's $1200 better.