Show me your ti bikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

Robt57

by Robt57

Some new shoes for Lynskey Helix. As in Wheels with plastic rims. ;) Time to cut the steerer being I decided it is a keeper...

Light Bicycle 35mm tubeless [set up with latex for now] 19.5x700 on DT 240S and CX-rays. Finally some super nice and pretty light wheels...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pinholecam

by pinholecam

Imagee22 Sojourn custom titanium breakaway bike by pinholecam02, on Flickr

Custom "e22 Sojourn" with Ritchey Breakaway system designed by me and built by Waltly.

Design goals of a light and fast Sportive bike that can be seperated into two for easy packing and can use up to 700c 38mm tires for the occasional gravel tour.

7.78kg for fully built bike including bottle cages and pedals.
Attachments
Sojourn_stacked_lighting_1024.jpg

enrics87

by enrics87

hello guys, i'm doing some reserch on TITANIUM, i saw that 10 years ago titanium frame was much more popular, now everyone focus on carbon fiber, major bike brand included, is about cost? about fashion?
i'm thinking to buy a titanium frame.
thank you very much.

nayanurindra

by nayanurindra

my R150

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

Hi all, I am starting a new build and first time Ti bike.

I’m trying to decide now on the finishing kit - I will definitely use carbon handlebars but can’t decide if I also do a carbon stem and seatpost (Enve probably) or I do a titanium stem and seatpost (Moots probably).

Anyone with experience trying both carbon and titanium stem and seatpost and care to comment in terms of comfort and stiffness?

Thanks!

Dogmatic13

by Dogmatic13

spdntrxi wrote:Love this thing..
Very nice. How are you finding the Moots seatpost and stem vs carbon? Do you like them? Super clean build. Looks great Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BruceCarnevale

by BruceCarnevale

icemanyvr wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:22 am
This is Becca, a custom one off designed by me for me, and built by Waltly. Dura-Ace, Chris King, all the goodies.
Nice Ti. Especially the combination with the blue CK parts. I have the same on my Crisp Ti bike, but what seat post collar are you using? Does it match the CK blue well? I contacted CK about making them, but they said they didn't have the capacity and Darren Crisp told me his anodizer couldn't match the CK blue.

Robt57

by Robt57

Strada-tubulars-Helix_XTR.jpg
The Helix Disc got some more wheels. The disc lightwheels/DT-240s went on my Strong All Road, short life on the Helix. ;)

The most significant change I have made on a bike in a long long time in terms of return of function. I mean an improvement that is so obvious in ride quality my previous best riding bike, Look 585 is #2 now.

Picked up a CX Tubular XTR wheelset and some 30mm Challenge tubless tubular Stradas. This just blips over about everything now. Feel is the most supple feel I can remember feeling. Noticeably better than 38mm Soma Supple Vittese with latex tubes on my Strong All Road, and the PSI in the 30mm tubulars is 15-20 PSI higher too.

Been getting rolled a lot of late...

dozemay

by dozemay

109140653_970740893371707_8334821416400097379_n.jpg
After a year and a half on this exquisite frame I finally upgraded to some carbon wheels.

58" Mosaic RT-2 Titanium frame with 190mm headtube (I'm tall)
Enve SES 3.4 Wheels
Enve fork, stem, seatpost
Zipp handlebars (should probs go Enve too!)
SRAM Red ETAP (50/34, 11-32)

All told 17lbs even, 7.7 KGs

t3racing

by t3racing

I have just built myself a Ti bike and as there does not appear to be another Curve Belgie Spirit on the site I thought it would be worth a picture. Apart from the groupset everything else has been from Ebay/secondhand or taken off my old bike. The frame quality is superb with lovely neat welds and a weight of around 1400g. I don't have an accurate weight of the bike but using the bathroom scales it comers in around 8.3kg including the Assoma Duo pedals but minus the seat roll. Image

Theologian

by Theologian

t3racing wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:49 am
I have just built myself a Ti bike and as there does not appear to be another Curve Belgie Spirit on the site I thought it would be worth a picture. Apart from the groupset everything else has been from Ebay/secondhand or taken off my old bike. The frame quality is superb with lovely neat welds and a weight of around 1400g. I don't have an accurate weight of the bike but using the bathroom scales it comers in around 8.3kg including the Assoma Duo pedals but minus the seat roll. Image
Nice Ti. Where did you put the di2 battery with that seatpost?

t3racing

by t3racing

[quote[/quote]
Theologian wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:16 pm
t3racing wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:49 am
Nice Ti. Where did you put the di2 battery with that seatpost?
The battery is held in the seat tube with foam and then a wire fixed to it so i can remove it if needed

jhnbssll

by jhnbssll

Here's the custom Pilot Veturi I built up last year. She's a beaut to ride with the curved seat stays and carbon forks soaking up the road buzz but nice and stiff too where it matters.
20200530_142640(3).jpg
I had the frameset custom made with Di2 specific routing and some tweaks to the rear hydraulic hose route, as well as some custom blasted graphics in a few places, but its otherwise based on their standard Veturi frameset :thumbup:
20200530_142705.jpg
It's built with Ultegra R8070 Di2 groupset and various Hope components, including RX4-sh calipers and RS4 hubs. The rims are 50mm UD carbon and came from Xiamen flyweight composites, who have since apparently disappeared so hopefully they'll hold up but have been fine to date :noidea: I've recently rebuilt them with purple nipples, largely out of boredom, but they do look rather pretty now :mrgreen:
20200718_153055.jpg
Cracking bike, I enjoy my outings on her very much. I'm just waiting on some light bicycle AR36 rims to build in to another pair of Hope hubs to used as a grim weather / allroad set to share between this and my Bianchi :mrgreen: Sharing them does mean I've had to tone down the purple though, so the new hubs will be black and the spoke nipples silver :roll:

I've also recently replaced the unbranded carbon OSPW with a CeramicSpeed :thumbup:
20200730_144522.jpg
I have to balance wieght with strength as I'm ~100kg but that said she came in around 8.8kg when I last weighed her, so not too bad all things considered. I can get some more accurate weights of the frameset etc next time I strip her down if anyone's interested :thumbup:

AndySti

by AndySti

Love this bike - Alliance groad/allroad/gravel bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

t3ny

by t3ny

Here is my Van Nicholas Amazon CX (60cm) with Zonda C17's and Mavic Comete LDN edition. About to get a new Wttson custom frame (I prefer race setups to CX it seems) so this could be the last we see of it. Not even close to ww at 8.6 or 9kgs setup dependant, it is a gigantic bike tbf (1.9kg frame alone)!
Zonda's.jpg
Comete LDN.jpg