Show me your ti bikes

Moderators: maxim809, Moderator Team

DHG01

by DHG01

tfayet wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:13 am
My new bike: Seven Axiom SLX 2010.
Old frame rebuilt with actual components
Max titanium parts (Rewel seatpost/Moots RSL stem and spacers/Chrisking titanium headset)
Weight 6.8kg
Seven Axiom SLX 2010 2.jpg

The different parts - sorry in french
Poids final montage Seven Axiom SLX-2.jpg
Nice looking; and very good weight bearing in mind headset, stem and seatpost are not particularly light.

Difficult to beat titanium post and frame.

gcartelli

by gcartelli

bleui wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:53 am
gcartelli wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:41 am
Waltly TI, 51.5cm. 7.6kg as pictured

Sram Etap Red 11sp
Smud Saddle
Waltly TI Seatpost
EE Brakes Gen3
Jagwire Elite Cables
Profile Design DRV Aeroa-A Bars
Thomson 100 x 10 stem (to be swapped to 110 or 120 x 10 shortly)
Enve 1.0 Fork
King R45 Hubs
Altamont Ceramic 20/20
Praxis 52/36 + Zayante Cranks + M30 BB

Hadn't really paid too much attention to weight during the build process (the ringlé skewers on the NDS are a testamant to that fact), but only just sort of realized today that it was probably heavier than my previous bike (it was).

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.34.59 PM.jpg
sweet bike, I'm going to order one from Waltly soon but still gathering info on geo and tubing sizing. What consideration behind you choosing to go with a straight 1-1/8 head tube/fork instead of a much more common tapered fork
Yo, sorry highly delayed. Hope you got your order in before they filled up, they've reopened now. Considerations for the straight HT were mainly my weight (61kg) didn't warrant anything larger in terms of tubing in general and I despise the coke can look lol. Wanted to keep a pretty horizontal TT and trad look, but TBH i do sort of regret not being able to run a integrated headset. I also had a couple straight 1 1/8 enve forks already. So aesthetics primarily, necessity factored in second.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jbaillie

by jbaillie

My wife's Trek Lexa turned 10 this year and is certainly showing its age. A neighbor was recently getting rid of her similarly sized Seven Alaris (predecessor to the Axiom S) so I snatched it up. I don't think it had been touched since the mid-aughts, it was still on 20 mil Panaracer tires which were pancake flat. I decided to try a SRAM budget mullet with a GX 10-speed rear mech, Force 10 speed shifters and a mix of other bits.
A quick timeline of the rebuild:
Fun project - I'll add a full build list if I wind up doing a thread for the bike. The new decals came from VeloCals in Texas.

Timcard

by Timcard

I am thinking of getting the same frame and building up alomost identically, yours looks beautiful!! What kind of tire clearance do you have? I currently run 28s and don't know if they'd fit. Thanks!!

theStig wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:37 am

~2012 Lynskey Cooper. DA9100 mechanical, Enve 3.4 SES, Thomson cockpit, 3T Ergonova.

7.52kg with pedals, bottle cages, garmin mount, and stages power meter.

Etienne

by Etienne

My Titus with the last updates ... have this frame since 15 years, went through a lot of upgrades and still my prefered bike :wink:

theStig

by theStig

I run 25s. The rear has plenty of space for 28, the enve fork on the front, it might be close. There is still space, and I have test fitted a friend's wheel with a 28c tire and it just fit, so it might come down to your specific wheel/tire combination.

Timcard wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:31 pm
I am thinking of getting the same frame and building up alomost identically, yours looks beautiful!! What kind of tire clearance do you have? I currently run 28s and don't know if they'd fit. Thanks!!

theStig wrote:
Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:37 am

~2012 Lynskey Cooper. DA9100 mechanical, Enve 3.4 SES, Thomson cockpit, 3T Ergonova.

7.52kg with pedals, bottle cages, garmin mount, and stages power meter.

Timcard

by Timcard

Just built this up yesterday! I tried the 28s but they didn't it, so I yoinked the 25s off my son's bike for now lol. One 8 mile ride so far, and what a bike!!!!!
Attachments
lynskey cooper first ride.jpg

gurk700

by gurk700

My first Ti bike! Kinda hope my last ever bike too! :oops: :lol:

chuingbeans

by chuingbeans

Custom geo made by Waltly. Very happy with the result. 7.6kg without the frame pump and lights.

Marin

by Marin

chuingbeans wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 4:29 am
Custom geo made by Waltly. Very happy with the result. 7.6kg without the frame pump and lights.
Niiiiice!

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

That's a really smart build right there

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

DHG01

by DHG01

chuingbeans wrote:

Gorgeous. Is the seat post titanium also? Waltly? Or is it the Thomson MasterPiece?
I think I'd go for titanium seat post clamp; but the dark grey also looks really nice.

chuingbeans

by chuingbeans

Thanks for the kind words.
DHG01 wrote:
chuingbeans wrote:

Gorgeous. Is the seat post titanium also? Waltly? Or is it the Thomson MasterPiece?
I think I'd go for titanium seat post clamp; but the dark grey also looks really nice.
It’s a Thomson Elite.

Waiting on a Cannondale clamp that’ll hopefully fit. If so, that’ll get stripped and polished.

manystyles

by manystyles

Here’s my stable. No idea what the weights are.

Moots Vamoots CR:
Cable guides removed by TiCycles up in PDX, refinished in PPG Honda Championship White by Black Magic Paint. Toying with the idea of eeBrake calipers and a set of shallow carbon wheels.

FireFly All-Road:
11/12 speed mullet via Ratio Tech. 650b x 48mm tires. It’s been a blast to ride!

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddddd1

by ddddd1

chuingbeans wrote:
This one is truly one of the most beautiful I've seen. Mind if I ask in what price bracket can such a frame be?
Enid: Scott Addict RC Ultimate Team Ed - 7.2 kg (in. pedals and bottle cages)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com